• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's probably harder now than it's ever been, because Ming isn't total garbage like it was when it was tech 2 with inward perfection. Now it's tech 3 and its units aren't made of tissue paper, and you don't have the old looting upon which to fall back either. You can still win (I've done it with Mongolia, starting independent in a less-trashy religion should be easier), but it's going to be uphill for a bit. Still worth playing, but not a "first horde game" (IMO Oirat, Kazan, GH, Qara, and Crimea are easier first-time hordes. Timurids too if you force Tabarestan to release Persia to block the Persian revolt event).

Did you stay Buddist as Mongolia? I still haven't done the Great Khan achievement and felt like doing it as Tengri Mongolia. So far I couldn't succeed in doing the bankrupcy convert thing, since as Mongolia, every time I try it I get thrashed by either rebels or neighbours.

Did you stay Buddist as Mongolia? I still haven't done the Great Khan achievement and felt like doing it as Tengri Mongolia. So far I couldn't succeed in doing the bankrupcy convert thing, since as Mongolia, every time I try it I get thrashed by either rebels or neighbours.

In my case, I went Sunni.

7D4A0A59BB4767B9D7DE93D79D7FF90A64DB6502

Dracula's Revenge.... Wallachia into Romania :D

Not meaning to derail, but since I am planning a new campaign soon enough, as well as taking a picture of my current one when its finished, how do you get pictures like that, and how would one also make them into a Gif like you have? Also, sweet empire, you really did pretty well, in making the borders pretty good.

Edit - I've found out how, still do not know how to make a gif of it however.
Only issue I have there is I do not have Gimp or Photoshop.

GIMP 2.0 is free and painless to download, and a pretty nifty tool to have. Can be found just by Googling it. Would highly recommend - that Switzerland gif was only the second gif I've ever made. It's pretty easy to do, and there are plenty of tutorials out there.

Okay, now that I finally have an empire I feel like showing, here it is!
This is my almost complete Russian Empire. I stopped playing only because I became bored of squashing Asians.
GEbEyGk.png

Here is the same picture but in the regular political map mode.
93Bp06v.png

A closeup on Europe. Pretty standard, I get this result in every 1/5 games.
GjEU68C.png

And here is the middleeast with it's migratory blobs.
RQinHFV.png

And then standard blobfest Africa.
4lRrnJB.png

Southeast Asia and the Pacific, Pretty Standard.
TGMFHB9.png

South America, which recently became independent from Portugal and England.
nb7qCTX.png

Central America and the Caribbean. Again independent except for cute Russian Cuba, which I stole from the Iberians who were colonising Siberia.
jszwEzz.png

And North America. Not much independence up here... The small Russian bits were inherited from Norway after integration.
kiP8si4.png

If you want to see a culture and religion mapmode please let me know. Almost all of my land is Russian culture =D, and ALL of it is Orthodox religion. I am way under my force limit because I am a poor scrub. For some reason I get average and weak claim heirs every time causing my legitimacy to plummet on succession. Oh and if you can't see in the above picture there is an OPM USA in New York that I allied and guaranteed.

A Ceylon game for the achievement in 1.13beta with Common Sense ...
fBrba6l.jpg

A fun game. I actually enjoyed the Common sense Buddhism mechanics. Of course the discipline penalty for low karma is frustrating, but I lowered that frustration by taking Quality ideas first. That way the few times I was actually able to fight with middling karma I had a surprisingly strong army. Second set of ideas was Religious to convert everything. Only made it to admin 7, so most of my points went into coring. Ended up at 7,14,18 for tech levels even after focusing admin most of the game.

I'm pretty sure Eastern Europe and Anatolia is because of player shenanigans. That Lithuanian snake does not look natural.
Actually I had nothing to do with Anatolia. I only attacked the Ottomans once when I realised they were being steamrolled by a coalition of Spain, France and Lithuania. I grabbed the Caucasus and peaced out. At around 1740 Lithuania started using the Imperialism CB on the Ottomans while allied with France, they then fell under a PU with France, two reasons why I only attacked them once. Poland at first wrecked the TO, then they started pushing into the HRE, Pomerania, Brandenburg, etc. They were then coalitioned by most of the HRE including the TO, which then alongside Hungary partitioned Poland slowly until it was completely destroyed. Spain? Spain was just really aggressive, I rarely see them conquer the ENTIRE Maghreb.

Scotland beated great britian? No Ottomans? No Poland? Spain in Greece? Not pretty standard...

I've seen Scotland do that quite a few times and it is usually down to how France do. A strong France that has multiple wars with England usually weakens them sufficiently that they suffer much worse in the various revolts that come along. This gives Scotland the opportunity to take some land over several and it doesn't take much before they are equal or stronger.

Never seen Spain do that before though, if they inherit Naples along with Aragon, then they do interfere in Europe more than normal, but I've never seen them do anything like that.

Reactions:
Here is my Flemish Union using the extended timeline mod. I stated in 1066. Defeating baguette took the major part of the first 100 years, but with its lands, everything just became easy. I have Holland, Luxembourg, and Trier as vassals as well as a personal union with Swabia, which grants me three electors backing my claim to the HRE throne.

Easily the tensest play through, I managed to get "That's a Silk Road with 13 days to spare, I had to do a truce break declare on the Ottomans which also halted the coring of the provinces I had just taken from them and Bukhara, I had 97% OE so rebels starting firing everywhere, I had 42% siege of Constantinople, I needed to take it as the -1000 came into play. My missus came into the study asking why I was shouting to myself, now to celebrate with beer :D Apologies for the Border gore!

2015-08-26_00001.jpg

2015-08-26_00003.jpg

2015-08-26_00004.jpg

2015-08-26_00005.jpg

2015-08-26_00006.jpg

2015-08-26_00007.jpg

Reactions: