• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Baltic Crusader - 1745

7C480201816628966A293C34F0CDB80E0695E0A9

Probarly gonna do a quik Prussia game too hihi :rolleyes:

My Venetian trade empire from 1.11. Nothing impressive, but I like it, it was a fun playthrough. The empire collapsed due to an unfortunate colonial war with Spain and Portugal, where my all-galley fleet stood no chance against their galeons. Nonetheless, I'm satisfied. I had Constantinople, Dalmatia, Egypt, Crimea and surroundings, the Amazon basin, Panama, Kongo and some other random provs. Serbia and Makuria were vassals.
rqzGQ3G.jpg

6uaPKf6.jpg

nhMNFPT.jpg

Reactions:
Did a quick Malacca > Malaya run for the Spice Must Flow achievement (1.13 beta). My other goal was to get the achievement in as little in-game time as I could.

wmZOogC.jpg

The big limiter was ADM power, which is necessary for the required provinces but also for ADM 5 to get exploration and colonise those last 3 Sumtran provinces. I had ADM focus on from day 1 til the end. Thankfully you don't actually need to complete the colonies to form Malaya, so I saved a lot of time by recalling my colonist as soon as he arrived and sending him on to the next province. I took 2 provinces on Java that I didn't actually need for the decision, so I could have been several months quicker (or I could have avoided coring them). Besides that though I think I did everything I could to get the achievement as fast as possible given the ADM generation I rolled across several monarchs.

yP7vVho.jpg

My White Elephant run. Nothing spectacular at all.
eu4_251.jpg

This was a rough one. The First 50-100 years, I spent constantly fighting low manpower, because, whenever I attacked an Indochinese minor, some others would take the opportunity and attack my back. The second century was not very eventful, but Ming gobbled up some of the provinces I needed for the achievement. Problem 1: Ming didn't fail at all (doesn't seem to happen much in 1.12, does it?), instead becoming a behemoth (Korea is a vassal):
eu4_252.jpg
Problem 2: Ming liked me. And none of Ming's enemies seemed to like me. To top it off, Ming, for the longest time, had an alliance with France. So I had to figure out how to defeat them on my own, and wait for a moment where France wouldn't support them. I decided to westernize to close the technology gap between the highly advanced, but Chinese-group, Ming and myself. Getting ahead far enough to defeat Ming's superior numbers took me more than a century, and even then, it was a brutal and very close war. It didn't help that Majapahit (who played the ever-popular role of backstabber) attacked me while I was engaged with Ming. I made them pay for that: before the final war, Majapahit had owned half of Sumatra. The yellow province on Sumatra isn't Spain, by the way, but Pagarruyung, a protectore of Great Britain.

Once I had defeated Ming and Majapahit in my last war, I converted and cored the provinces, and got the last development points to make myself an empire. I left it at that.

Lessons learned: It would've been a good idea to take Humanism early. I ended up with lots of unaccepted cultures, and struggled with money and unrest for a long time. Also, I don't think I'll ever play a Buddhist country again. Karma management is so horribly painful... it feels extremely limiting and punishing.

The Great Khan run. Took me almost to the end (damn China with alot of development). Roleplaying a true Khan, ended the game in a climactic coalition war.
2015-08-16_00011.jpg

Snatched Stockholm a month before game end as a result.
2015-08-16_00013.jpg

Reactions:
My Orissa->Bharat game. Best I could do...

Made a quick jump to South America so I can westernize but with this new patch everyone gets western and there are so few nations behind in tech that I wonder if it was worth it.
Menagde to get India and Indochina, and almost all Pacific islands. Portugal still holds Hawaii and maybe one or two more. Australia is my colony.

313ptdy.png

k02bdg.png

Got some late game northern provinces/colonies.

r9jzwi.png

rjphdu.png

My world is full of powerhouses.

ff73gl.png

20438270138_24317dc6be_k.jpg

my korea game it's not as blobby as others in this thread but it's something
20003727774_db19ecad22_h.jpg

EUROPE:
20626211865_74299ed015_h.jpg

AMERICAS: portugal was a beast at colonizing
20439509149_f3a07dcc01_h.jpg

Client States: Patna-wizardo 2.0-wololo-indochina
20438217490_dc5274947b_h.jpg

Reactions:
2015-08-16_00001.jpg
My British Empire is far from impressive. Austria's early reich though... I have no idea how the AI managed to pull this off so quickly.

Reactions:
but why isn't Bohemia part of the HRE?

I don't think the AI bothers to increase IA to the point where everyone will accept becoming a vassal/ part of the HRE, just tries to get most of them

Reactions:
but why isn't Bohemia part of the HRE?
Most likely they were rivals (very normal rivals, bohemia/austria) and in that case they will not vote of the reforms, so they get removed from the HRE once the provilegia is revoked. And since it was an AI reforming the HRE he for sure didn't tried to avoid such rivals in order to maintain the HRE together.

Reactions:
I played as France to gain achievements: "Big Blue Blob", "Better than Napoleon", "The Rising Sun". Side effect is "All Your Trade Are Belong to us" - I didn't plan it. Many times I had to restart.
AI difficulty - medium. I didn't have hard difficulty, because quickly form a coalition. I was allied with Austria, Aragon and Genoa. Target of expansion: British Isles (vassalization Munster and attack other Irish country and Scotland), Scandinavia, Novgorod and Muscovy. On the conquered territories I increased autonomy and cored quickly provinces. I tried to take the most cheapest provinces to overextension was below 80 % (sometimes below 100 %). When I had a war with Burgundy I conqured provinces from HRE, because I expected that king of Burgundy dies and I didn't want to conquer provinces, which I could inherit. ;)
In 1499:
FranceBBB_wqxhphp.jpg

Later I conquered Moscow (it was easy), Scandinavia, Berlin. I continued conquest England, Spain and Portugal. I vassalized Brittany and Livonian Order.
In 1626:
EUIVFranc_wqxnspe.jpg

Next targets of expansion was Naples and Balkans to approach Vienna. Other targets: Japan and India. Unfortunately I didn't conquer India. Maybe next time. Yes, my vassals were England and Portugal.
In 1783:
FranceBet_wqnnanq.jpg

The summary:
Europe:
EUIVFranc_wqnwxnn.jpg

Provinces in Africa:
EUIVFranc_wqnwxnr.jpg

India:
EUIVFranc_wqnwxne.jpg

Japan and Philippines:
EUIVFranc_wqnwxnw.jpg

Siberia:
EUIVFranc_wqnwxnq.jpg

Score:
EUIVFranc_wqnwxns.jpg

Subjects (plus Portuguese Mexico):
EUIVFranc_wqnwxna.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my next game I played as Hungary. AI difficulty - hard. I was allied with Austria, Bohemia (which was emperor). My targets: vassalization and annexed Ragusa, Serbia, Bosnia and Wallachia, conquest Dalmatia and Istria from Venice and expansion on Balkans and fight against Ottomans. Main target was conquest Austria but earlier I had to well prepare. ;)

I dismantled HRE. My vassal was Netherlands and therefore I had provinces in Africa.

EUIVHunga_wqwraqp.jpg

EUIVHunga_wqwraqh.jpg

EUIVHunga_wqwraqx.jpg