• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
tQ6MLq2.jpg

Lol, in that screenshot you're the victim of the production income display bug. You should have let the month tick before taking the shot; your income is actually a few orders of magnitude smaller. But still mighty impressive!

Been a while since I've felt like I should post one of these. Playing a Knights to Jerusalem game and I saw Croatia popped out. They rarely survive so I thought I'd change that and saved and reloaded, reloaded a couple more times after Austria ate me rather quickly, but finally found my feet:

NcexDEc.jpg

Nice!
The Balkans Theatre is always challenging, especially for a small nation trapped between Hungary, Austria, Venice and the Ottomans.

Im playing a similar game right now, though it's only 1615 and I started as Ragusa. Early game was hard as hell but I managed to form Croatia by the 1500 mark. Will post it when it's done.

Spain achievements run. Too bad I played way too pacifistic... should've conquered the world the way things were going (smashed Austria, inherited Burgundy, wed Aragon & Naples, removed Portugal, removed Britain, became Emperor, PU'd France by 1675 or so...)

spain1.jpg

spain2.jpg

spain3.jpg

Last edited:
You could create one yourself. As far as I know, changing flags via mods is ironman compatible.

l dont know is there any mod which fits to ironman mode + updated regularly..

You can do it yourself very easily; just find the Germany flag file in Steam/SteamApps/common/EUIV/gfx/flags (something like that), open the Germany file and change the flag to a different one. Changing flags is completely Ironman-compatible, too!

758982851781C057E87D3308DF034DF55ACA1EB2
751F0FBCDA72C5922A3C3AD6503EDF09615906A3
AB6E9F78798A07551ED053CC9047299EDEE01BBF
A2125C467CB7AA30AE414D7F86D2E2CCEB270AB7
96F26C88A4826B62D231366D67A218778000E38F
153F29F371A7F39A9683F707A378B6E1B166DEB5

Ironman Game

My Burgundy -> Netherland --> HRE WC with a few client states and vassals in important regions, like westernized Ming with a lot of cores, got a bit lucky there. Ethopia for Africa, and also The Papal States for west africa, they are quite good at coring their stuff unlike castille.

I started as Burgundy and focused on internal europe game the first hundred years, crushed france early and got Castille in a union. Which is the main reason i did not change my government to dutch republic, it chancels this union. So with Castille in my pocket i could ignore completly the new world and focus on Asia, with africa as an, from time to time conquest. Took my aorund 80 years to integrate them, i feeded them way to much in india and africa, never again! They are worse at coring their stuff. After integrating i got all their colonies with just a few indepentent tribes remaining in americas.

At some time i got Emporer around 1500, and pushed some reforms, but never revoked the privilegia. Instead i vassalized all countrys within europa HRE with diplo vassalition. sp i had still the nice pre revoke HRE bonus, but still a bunch of vassals, far better than to revoke.

Austria and Bohemia could not be vassalized in the beginning, but in the end in their search for allianced, they ended up with Russia and some others, so every time i crushed russia i was able to downsize them a bit until they could be vassalized for their own good.

In Northern parts i gave scandinavia to Bremen, the managed it quite good, cored it and never had a major rebel problem there. Russia and Oirat horde was the main obstacle, way to huge countrys. Started this war campaign way to late, so they got on their prime. I solved it with 2 Client states,Buymoria and Antarctica, with antarctica as the better one, i overfeed Buymoria once a bit, and they never fully recovered from the negative stability.

Asia was way more easy than i thought, because Ming got crushed as always, but not completly, they had 2 provinces left, so i conquered some neighbours, let them westernize so i could vassalize them, so free cores on the whole ming country.

In the End only mighty Ryukyu was left as independet state, but in an epic battle my troop managed to win this clash of the titans.

Last edited:
My Brandenburg->Germany game in More Provinces Mod:
0BE870FCDBDAD5C55E9BD1298A91B5C709D819C9

Got off to a slow start; I was allied to Poland/Commonwealth and by the time I felt comfortable attacking them they were too strong to take on my own. To give you some perspective, this is what they looked like in 1717, right before I caught a HUGE break.
754986A64A2DA39A9358B5338AAD71EA2F677029

They got involved in a war with the Hordes+Ottomans, which killed their armies and reduced their manpower to 0. Russian accepted my alliance offer and 60 years and 4 major wars later we had wiped them off the map (save for Azov, which fell near the end of the game).

Income:
E3D61AF81D33F01B915134E38878B9083A0E3A0C

Ideas:
B19BB7E70C92686EC8EF3A7D26CFCA5943B7DAC3

Religion (stayed Catholic and allied Austria, which meant that the Protestants never declared war and so we got Catholic Empire):
01CB043FD02B1AE4F4F690FA2FBA4644335FF3BB

Vassals:
9A685F9930C87A0D39D744FDBB5A789F51A5A752

When I united Germany I disbanded the HRE.

I really like the Client state system:

Niederlande:
Initially created from provinces won from Burgundy, grown by lands won from HRE minors and France, and ruled by a Hohenzollern, these guys started as a March and got so big they lost the bonus. Not that it mattered; there fleet was bigger than mine and their income was insane, allowing them to field an army better and bigger than all my other vassals combined.
220B6123426DE2B5D39B3FF0D8A16D2E1AAC81B1

Danmark:
Only created this one because I wanted to hold on to Schleswig. Strong navy and high income due to Sound Tolls. Native dynasty.
6C560ADA2AA2671BA50C6D21F32BE04F581DBC71

Litauen:
Created for border/rpg reasons. A native Samagotian state, mostly takes up space that neither me nor Russian wanted/had cores on but couldn't be left to the Commonwealth.
D58F270E0F702AEF5E875920DA9F171683410821

Livland:
Thank god for the Prussian culture in Riga. Made them a Hohenzollern holding, rpg as a semi-colonial state.
B2A6E74DC27E8B855B6EB5AAB5EF20F824D9C90B

World map:
eu4_map_GER_1821_01_01_1.png

I confess I did use the console a couple of times to swap provinces in peace deals in order to clean up the borders, including a colonial war that Britain won against France where instead of taking colonial territory in Canada that bisected there colonies forced them to release OPM Bar and a reduced Burgundy.

Last edited:
my Najd Jihad game

DaJMkxl.jpg

SW85wIQ.png

here the diplo view (i have Morocco as vassal, and i just refused a CtA from Otto, to form Arabia and got the Arabian coffe achievement)

fwTcsBX.jpg

also unreformed and not westernized

QAZ6um8.jpg

it was a fun game, but now i want try something a little easier

My Danelaw Achievement Game. Was interesting, at first I was worried about the inevitable DOW from Sweden, it happened, ofcourse, but I was allied with Poland-Lithuania, and they kicked the swedish for me. I took 100 WS worth of provinces from the, including all Finland which I released. I then beat the Finnish cores out of Novgorod and vassalized them (did I mentioned that the polish did almost all the fighting?), and then used the same polish BFF's to beat out the novgorodian cores out of Muscovy. I vassalized Golden Horde and fed them all the land I did not want, and Nogai von Wittelsbach was a loyal friend ever since.
England was tricky to remove from the islands, but I diplovassalized a irish minor, conquered Ireland and DOW'ed England. They rushed to attack Orkney, and I trapped them with my navy and had no opposition from them for the first war, when I took Scotland, and fed them periodically their claims.
Well, that's the end situation, and it was a very enjoyable game. Austria was allied most of the time with me, but after they Revoked and I conquered what HRE princes left the empire they rivaled me,and I think if time allowed they would attack me, but the year being what it is, I can say I got what I wanted, no matter what they will do

My Danelaw Achievement Game. Was interesting, at first I was worried about the inevitable DOW from Sweden, it happened, ofcourse, but I was allied with Poland-Lithuania, and they kicked the swedish for me. I took 100 WS worth of provinces from the, including all Finland which I released. I then beat the Finnish cores out of Novgorod and vassalized them (did I mentioned that the polish did almost all the fighting?), and then used the same polish BFF's to beat out the novgorodian cores out of Muscovy. I vassalized Golden Horde and fed them all the land I did not want, and Nogai von Wittelsbach was a loyal friend ever since.
England was tricky to remove from the islands, but I diplovassalized a irish minor, conquered Ireland and DOW'ed England. They rushed to attack Orkney, and I trapped them with my navy and had no opposition from them for the first war, when I took Scotland, and fed them periodically their claims.
Well, that's the end situation, and it was a very enjoyable game. Austria was allied most of the time with me, but after they Revoked and I conquered what HRE princes left the empire they rivaled me,and I think if time allowed they would attack me, but the year being what it is, I can say I got what I wanted, no matter what they will do

Nice, I like your use of client states.
Did you colonize anywhere?

Doing pretty good considering the date

928C382061DEB34FE89091F91DEC219B6924A3BC

Adal is my vassal and I am allied with Ottomans. Was allied with Mamluks too but my alliance with them broke for no reason (it said that I broke the alliance which isn't true at all).
Up next is giving a solid beating to Persia and then beating up the Mamluks with my Ottoman friends.

Not sure if I'll form Arabia, I really like Hejaz's CoA and map colour.

My only problem is that I have a very hard time making money. The land is piss-poor and I can barely afford to keep my 25-regiment army.

Interesting. It might be because I did it a few patches ago but I went in a very different direction. Was allied with Commonwealth too(they formed in my game and despite being a little behind in tech was along me, Russia, Castille and Austria in the top 5) but never had any problem with Sweden. Instead of going after Novgorod at that point I went towards the English isles while taking potshots at the HRE. Despite being rivals with Muscovy then later Russia for the entire game we only fought all of once and that was basically my first war against England and attacking only them to end the war while Sweden got beaten back by the russian hordes.

I went colonization heavy and thus by 17th century had all of North America either under me or uncolonised, most of Colombia, pretty much the entire coast from Ajurran(or whichever is just above Zanbibar node)to just under Morocco(mainly stolen from England and Portugal) since Castille owned a few there and also quite a few provinces in the Spice Islands with the rest being protectorate. South America was split between England(they were exiled there but still had some CNs),Castille and a Westernized Inca(managed to recover to initial size after almost disappearing but not much more).

Never allied Austria or France but the latter eventually interfered with me when Austria lost the Netherlands to France(and because of that couldn't match it anymore) thus triggering my alliance with Castille and eventually me defeating it by endless hordes despite... Well pictures show more than words. Also entitled what happens when you answer all defensive calls to war.
1024x576.resizedimage

Conflict had been going on for quite a while already that is why I have so little money and manpower by the way.

Last edited:
End shot of my Wallachia Let's play: Eradication of Islam
pWkowZm.jpg

Political mapmode
ci9XjeB.jpg

Glorious Orthodox!
rly8yR4.jpg

No more moons and stars in this game!
The whole thing is being uploaded to youtube just click the link in ma sig :)