• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The aftermath of Sweden is not OP run:

scandinavia.jpg

Wales and Catalunya are regular vassals while Novgorod and Hungary are marches. I actually wanted Prussia and Russia as marches, but apparently vassals can't form Russia... and I integrated Prussia when it decided it's a competing great power. All except southern Italy are accepted cultures to boot.

Also, England & Scotland love to be on an island together. Lo and behold where they relocated after Wales kicked them out of Europe:
hispaniola.jpg

And the HRE was just sad this game:
sad_empire.jpg

No reforms ever passed. One 'prince' which is my allied republic of Netherlands.
That HRE...

Finally after a long time I bring you my Byzantium game.
oBE8NXB.jpg

So, Like normal Byzantium games you start making a lot of galleys so that you can take on Kebab's navy so, I did. After a bit Kebab declared on Genoa and got their army stuck on chios and a good chunk of their navy destroyed so I saw it as the time to come and take my cores back. So i got the Balkan alliance + Poland-Lithuania and declared war on Kebab. Took all my cores, took a province and released Bulgaria, built a bigger army due to force limit, and then started eating the balkans. Serbia was the first target so I vassalized them and then declared war on Bosnia who had Serbian cores. Then attacked wallachia and fed them to Bulgaria. Luckily, My vassal had a claim on Hungary, so I declared for that and took provinces and released Transylvania. By this time I secured an alliance with Muscovy and France. Then the next time came to declare on Kebab and took more land. Naples had broken free from Aragon who had got destroyed by Castile so, I declared war on Naples and took the Boot and the Sicily islands and released Sicily. Eventually i Annexed Bulgaria, Transylvania(with all of hungary), and Serbia( all Balkans). Well the next places I could attack next were Poland-Lithuania or Austria. So, I attacked Austria and took as much provinces for Styria as I could. This point, I'm facepalming because I should have dismantled the empire before I took all that land for decreased AE because of this I had a huge coalition. So, What I did to avoid this is I would declare on opm so I could get all the coalition in the war and peace them out really fast with just an annexation of a opm. Eventually i annexed all of Kebab and had released Syria as a vassal which I began feeding all of the middle east and the Mamluks. Then i waited for Poland-Lithuania peace treaty to end and attacked them when I could avoiding the coaltion and I released Mazovia and Chernigov and fed them all of the Poland-Lithuanian land(Commonwealth didn't form btw or I would have just released Lithuania). Eventually Sicily owned all of the Italy and Aragon had been reduced to a 3 province minor with sicily having a core on Malta so, I declared took malta for Sicly and vassalized Aragon. Eventually, It came time to dismantle the Hre which was easy with France and Muscovy and vassals but, also that most of the HRE was in the coalition so Didn't have to do co-belligerent stuff. Then lucky struck me because I always try to play the game of thrones game like that one guy does and it worked finally! I got France and Muscovy under in a PU. Well with this massive force I began expanding rapidly and with the Imperialism CB it makes things even easier. I saw scotland who had become vassaliable so, I took my chance and vassalized scotland and fed them all of the British isles and also they were colonizing NA but, there captial was in NA so they couldn't create a colonial nation. Then after that it came time to work on the pesky Iberians. It took me a lot of time but, I annexed them fully feeding all of Iberia to Aragon and annexing all they're annoying islands which took forever. Then I started going east and south annexing all of North and central Africa and feeding the some of the tribes to Muscovy. Eventually, I had fed all of the previous HRE to France and fed most of Scandinavia to Muscovy then annexed them. Then it was time for 75% admin effiency time and I began annexing the Chinese states and anything else that was in my way to get clean borders. Sadly, the game ended with me getting a 10yr regency.
Vassals client states: Britannia, Sacrum Romanum Imperium, Suecia, Ruthenia, Scythia, Sinae, Africa, Ariana, and Hispania, Polania-Lituania. (Couldn't make Arabian client state because reached cap :()
Colonial nations: all of them

ZDaZiu3.jpg

X0im7B3.jpg
Close ups, Religion map, Diplo map
ActVw1r.jpg

0UKz1RS.jpg

Usk5Dpk.jpg

2aLUqrM.jpg

YQvXdiG.jpg

RSvxrTL.jpg

CslZDj6.jpg

rEUBxo6.jpg

jU54K4M.jpg
Also, Happy New Year
Awesome map.How did you form scythia and the others?What mod is that?

http://imgur.com/Y4LykaC

That picture doesn't show I own almost the entire new world and Africa

Looks like you're ready to do some corin'. Poor Muscovy, it wanted to bad to be Russia. And I've NEVER seen AI Lithuania get south Black Sea (you may have fed).

From observer test game, AI Ottomans on a rampage:

eu4_58.png

Moscovy into Sibir!:

eu4_57.png

neither of those are all that unique, or even suprirsing. the only rampage i see the ottomans doing is border goring into persia a bit

now that denmark in karelia is though

My Trebizond-into-Byzantium game is complete! And most of these screenies could just as easily be cross-posted to the strange screenshot thread :p

eu4_3_zpsa64170eb.png

The Roman Empire reborn. Of course, I could have expanded more but I made the choice not to. Namely because I roleplay when I...play...instead of just going for the biggest Empire I can manage. Thus, Morocco is my super-sized ally and the same goes for Persia, Georgia, Serbia, Ruthenia and Polotsk. Armenia is my March, and has been since the first century...they've been pretty useful actually.

Super Ethiopia surprised me though.

eu4_2_zps57031506.png

The rest of Europe. Of particular note are the number of large nations...Polotsk, Ruthenia, Romania (for what it is), Prussia, Bavaria, Scandinavia, the Dutch...and the one that shocked me the most, Lorraine. Shocking, since I didn't help them get to that size, they did that all on their own.

And of course, the fact that Brittany and Ireland are both independent. The Irish are allied with the Brits actually.

eu4_4_zps1d25a5e8.png

Asia. The Ming, predictably, self-destructed. Less predictably, the Qing actually rose to fill the void. They've spread to everywhere in modern China (and then some) other than the very south which is split between the fragmented Ming remnants. They don't like each other, but evidently they hate the Manchus more. Of particular note there is Huai, the green one. They're Catholic, the remnants of a Spanish attempt to break into China. Korea and Japan (the latter also Catholic) are both protectorates of the Westernized Great Qing, which is why the former is still around.

India kinda coalesced into a Sunni (Malwa) and Hindu (Madurai) faction setup. The two hate each other, but they haven't fought many wars for some reason. Probably because they're fairly evenly matched. It's worked to prevent either side from forming Hindustan too.

And then of course, there are Malaya and Super Shan. Plus Byzantine Philippines, French (and Breton) Australia, and Spanish New Zealand.

eu4_5_zpsd8737f07.png

North America. A lot less border-gore than I expected, being as I focused in Europe and North Africa this playthrough. The USA and Canada are both British-colonized monarchies (hahaha American Monarchy), while Mexico and Louisiana are Republics. Mexico being French, and Louisiana being British. Then there is small New Portugal, California, Oregon, Pacifico Norte, Nova Hollandia, and Germanic Columbia (why? I don't know...its Dutch Canada, just like Nova Hollandia).

All of the remaining Natives are Christianized. Navajo, Powhatan, Comanche, and Xiu are Catholic, while Huron is Protestant.

eu4_6_zpsd4b6b745.png

South America. We have three independent Colonial nations here too. Namely, Breton Columbia, Portuguese Brazil, and Portuguese La Plata.

As interesting as those are though, my favorite thing here (perhaps my fav in the entire playthrough) is the monster Inca. Catholic, Westernized, Monster Inca Empire to be accurate. That's just awesome IMO.

eu4_7_zps60409e0d.png

eu4_9_zpsdfa6ebc5.png

eu4_10_zps70c3ea84.png

eu4_21_zps24d63a24.png

Religion maps.

All in all, a very interesting world this one. Definitely running this through the convertor...this is going to be quite fun in Vicky I think.

Last edited:
1024x576.resizedimage

So here I was going for a casual happy go lucky game as Sweden, and then one province led to another.

Would vassalize Muscovy and let them colonize the vast expanses of the east for me again. 11/10.

Post a save when you do that Byzantium conversion Skywalker, I wanna try that vicky game :D