• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1) Beautiful Orleans
2) Jesus Christ Palatinate + Alsace
3) Ireland owning Scotland is awesome
4) Cool Songhai
5) Cool Egypt
6) Lithuania - shield against...
7) ...epic Russia
8) Cool Georgia and Persia
9) QING!
10) Miao and Pasai: the rise of minors
11) Irish Madagascar

Thanks =P

Alsace, Palatinate and Ireland are my vassals so those aren't impressive, but Russia forming is pretty rare now...

Some epic/strange things that happened during the game.

my vassal Palatinate voting for Huron...

15.3 morale... MY ARMIES ARE INVINCIBLE! Could have 5% more if I was France with Elan but I only gave Orleans 15% morale for "The Maid Of Orleans" (Joan of Arc related NIs...)

CqbI0JH.jpg

Last edited:
My finished ironman Byzantium game.

13A42B71B52BE9F5E0487D154BF9BE0DFBC3E70B

The fruits of Greek cultural enrichment.

AFE23567127A91155AE5C7C15FFFD4B2611B6905

The Triumph of Orthodoxy.

9372EDC0809FF7AF98BFDF1B9DE3BD622F2D1F0C

Diplomatic view.

625A4F7F25255B951CB128B7BC77EBA45D279875

I must say, the combination of Offensive, Defensive and Quality ideas created god-troops that not even lucky France could stand up to.

I could've expanded much further, but I spent a lot of the 18th Century aligning my borders to match the 117 AD (Trajan-era) Roman Empire borders:

Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png

DA3FE1BAB59AA38D5C0B0CACC83B2CAE2F2536FE

So yeah, the game was incredibly enjoyable.

My 1st complete Ironman game :)
filedetails

filedetails

filedetails

I know it's nothing special, compering to most of posted here empires, but still I'm proud.
My 2 main goal were to get achievement "No Pirates in my Caribbean" and conquering whole South America - both done. Biggest problem was France, really overpowered if not destroyed early. I had to fight them many times, cos they had Barbados which is part of Caribbean... I successfully took it from them in 6th or 7th war - disaster.
Also did "Spain is the Emperor", "Market Control" and couple of others.

IOURqC2.png

VBRAdFg.png

HHi2bPz.png

More of my Aragon game.

This is... Beautiful! So unorthodox, I really like it :)

Also, the borders/empires of this universe are very cool.

Dat majestatic Ottoman Empire and Russia, Timurids who actually have cool borders, and this beautiful division of modern Chinese territory between Tibet, Oirat, Ming and Manchu.

Bonus for Hindu Tibet, Catholic Japan and Confucian Manchu.

g03fjlZ.jpg

French Empire, circa 1568.

Vassals are: Flanders, Aragon, Brittany, Papal States and Styria. All are marches.

g03fjlZ.jpg

French Empire, circa 1568.

Vassals are: Flanders, Aragon, Brittany, Papal States and Styria. All are marches.

Nice France. But I am wondering why you have all your vassal's as marches. I can understand Styria and you could possibly justify Aragon but the rest don't really do anything considering you can't annex marches.

It was all conquest. I did end up with the same dynasty as France at one point, but I figured that systemically annihilating them was less hassle than forming a PU, keeping it stable for 50 years, and then spending 1000s of diplo points and waiting god-knows-how-long until they get integrated.

Plus, the former way was incredibly satisfying.

Nice France. But I am wondering why you have all your vassal's as marches. I can understand Styria and you could possibly justify Aragon but the rest don't really do anything considering you can't annex marches.

I don't intend to, at least for now.

They shall all be fed in due time, except the papal states, which I keep to get an easy boost in papal influence.
Brittany is kept around because it colonizes.
Flanders saps English/Dutch trade, with the potential to be fed.
Styria is and will be a great buffer in the east, and saves me the hassle of coring a lot of high BT land.

I don't intend to, at least for now.

They shall all be fed in due time, except the papal states, which I keep to get an easy boost in papal influence.
Brittany is kept around because it colonizes.
Flanders saps English/Dutch trade, with the potential to be fed.
Styria is and will be a great buffer in the east, and saves me the hassle of coring a lot of high BT land.

Ah ok, all fairly good points.