• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bahmanis => Hindustan

28F366AE70FC03D41D4B5B3D786EAA74D9CC1625

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

Persia as vassal

My Moscovy->Russia game, not a bad start.

I got lucky with an event that gave me +100 military tradition general. That guy was worth more than any amount of gold you can imagine. 6 shock literally wiped Polish and Lithuanian mega stacks into oblivion. That guy is solely responsible for breakup of the Polish Lithuanian personal union.

Beloozero, Pskov and Smolensk are my vassals. Ryazan is in personal union.

I try to avoid messing with hordes as much as i can. After i finish beating Novgorod ill focus my attention to steppe ^,..,^

JblRz67.jpg

G0JOxJw.jpg

My humble ironman Irish Empire, developed from Connaught. Yep, names of some colonial states may be considered a little weird, but I tried to RP a little and I named my first colonies after one of my best kings and after my ruling dynasty.
I'm afraid it's nothing too spectacular, however it was great fun :)

PS. DAT RUSSIA :eek: DAT OTTOMANS :eek:

Last edited:
It's not particularly impressive by the standards of this thread, but here's my Frankfurt -> Germany. Coalitions were only really a problem for me twice- once when a bit of greed early on made me lose to a coalition of my neighbors, and again at the end of the game when I didn't have time to devour Switzerland when they were in a coalition with half of Europe.

oqsvYAF.jpg

Fifty years prior France was almost entirely intact (as well as holding Belgium), but I just kept tearing into them and in my last war took the majority of their land, leaving them with that one port and selling the rest to Normandy, Foix and Bar (Luxembourg was already complete by the time that last war rolled around). Savoy did most of that itself, it was HRE for quite a while until I destroyed the title and had revoked the privilegia by then. Spain and Russia were my devoted allies, since we never had any reason to come into conflict. My only annoyance with the game's mechanics is that France's colonial nations never wanted to declare independence, Canada had over 60% liberty desire for a hundred years but was too fond of France to let me support them.

Maybe you can try it with ironman to see if you get the World Conquest achievment (after we added colonial nations).
It would be the longest bug-test ever :)
The achievement requires you or one of your subjects to own all provinces. Your CNs do count, and so do vassals, protectorates, and PUs (did I miss any?).

If you have a subject with subjects of their own though, their subjects do not count. Be sure to destroy them. ;)

Also, nice to see a flat out world conquest that doesn't start with "become HRE".

The achievement requires you or one of your subjects to own all provinces. Your CNs do count, and so do vassals, protectorates, and PUs (did I miss any?).

If you have a subject with subjects of their own though, their subjects do not count. Be sure to destroy them. ;)

Also, nice to see a flat out world conquest that doesn't start with "become HRE".

Hm ok, I did not know that :) I was pretty sure the idea was you had to control all provinces directly, except for the colonial nations.

If you don't even have to annex your vassals you can just vassal-feed your way to a WC I guess?

It's not particularly impressive by the standards of this thread, but here's my Frankfurt -> Germany. Coalitions were only really a problem for me twice- once when a bit of greed early on made me lose to a coalition of my neighbors, and again at the end of the game when I didn't have time to devour Switzerland when they were in a coalition with half of Europe.

oqsvYAF.jpg

Fifty years prior France was almost entirely intact (as well as holding Belgium), but I just kept tearing into them and in my last war took the majority of their land, leaving them with that one port and selling the rest to Normandy, Foix and Bar (Luxembourg was already complete by the time that last war rolled around). Savoy did most of that itself, it was HRE for quite a while until I destroyed the title and had revoked the privilegia by then. Spain and Russia were my devoted allies, since we never had any reason to come into conflict. My only annoyance with the game's mechanics is that France's colonial nations never wanted to declare independence, Canada had over 60% liberty desire for a hundred years but was too fond of France to let me support them.

That France looks nice. Nicely and Evenly split between 5 nations.

Brandenburg > Prussia
VtI1o47.jpg

vh9LByA.jpg

My second EU4 game that I saw to the very end! So where to start?
France inherited Castille early in the game and became the leading nation throughout the game.
Russia was a long time ally.
Ottomans had a slow, unlucky start but eventually became a superpower.
Orissa formed Hindustan, then collapsed but bounced back only to find itself fighting rival wars against a Khorasan-formed Mughals.
Caddo had a huge native american empire which stunted european growth in north america.

I had a few years left to annex the rest of the baltic states before end game. I had max army tradition which game me god generals. In the 1700s a massive coaltion was growing against me, I had over 250 AE at one point and it would of taken me a century or more to burn it all off. But all in all I had a really great game!

Hm ok, I did not know that :) I was pretty sure the idea was you had to control all provinces directly, except for the colonial nations.

If you don't even have to annex your vassals you can just vassal-feed your way to a WC I guess?

Vassal feeding is not a cure-all there. A vassal will only buy 1 province at a time if it isn't cored already, and they're not blazing fast core factories. Protectorates do speed things up considerably, of course, but they also make the achievement more tolerable to non-Ottoman/Italy type nations (hordes get -core cost too, but have a lot of factors against them).

The typical vassals of a WC run wind up just being revoked HRE stuff. I suppose with high ADM efficiency you could full annex-release a few of the hordes/muslims without going too far over the limit late game, too.

Maybe we should have 2 separate WC achievments, one with subject control and one where you gotta have direct control of provinces :)
IMO the fact that the achievement doesn't require you to directly own everything doesn't take away from the fact that you went that route. I do like to go for the achievements because they give me a long term goal, but the real rewarding part is just knowing that I went out and did it. WC through total obliteration doesn't need the achievement for me to know that I hit a milestone. :)

Personally, I like the fact that you didn't form the HRE as Ottomans and instead dismantled it almost as much as I like the full map painting. Next time we're looking for you to post it as Ryukyu though. ;)

The flag and colour of germany is awful and underwhelming...

I can't agree more and just for comparison, I have 2 screenshots that I took from my last game... Prussia looks so much better with both the country color, but also the COA.

6FFAB1410E3F11F90F69E3D70E2C5F3929CCE1BC

5158B2D9709801DBE2BBDFBA0B582E0A4C04FE65

First finished playthrough until the end with Vijayanagar > Hindustan
Sadly I let France and Russia land in India
ltkLMQK.jpg
Score
PbpiTda.jpg
Diplo
Was allied with Oirat but they turned their back on me and they paid for it gg
Got the 2 claims at the last few years, didnt care getting them
X20sMcp.jpg
Europe
France Blob as always, crushed Spain a few times, Poland has ugly borders, Ireland <3 , Ansbach is Emperor
IDnjNOY.jpg
America
unn7QLC.jpg
Religion
Xk5ahJP.jpg