• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I stop my first game here. It has been an overwhelming frustrating game, where I spent years trying to get at least to zero stability because every time I did I was reduced back by events. I suspect that the majority of the events is negative and targeted at the player to make the AI more competive. As if the AI needed help . . .

Austria was destroyed early in the game so France inherited Burgundy alone and kicked everyone around. Because I had no wish to be totally destroyed by rebels I converted to protestant and now France is at the door and even though half of Europe is on my side there is no way to win against their 80k+ troops and unlimited manpower. It is impossible to stop them and I have no wish to be destroyed and rebuild just to be annexed some time later since I know that I will not get stability and income right.

It saddens my somehow that the AI does not contain itself and big empires allways win. Ottos, Sweden, Russia, France, all unbeaten.

Enough of the whine, some screens:

"End" screen
tunp.png

My wonderful income but too few mercenaries around
ouuz.png

The War which will kill me
mqzi.png

Europe in the end
lzzr.png

Dutch independence with game started as Gelre:

956BD9D276BAF5D028C2C39695406AC58EEAA087

Flanders and Oldenburg are vassals. Waiting with annexing Hainaut till my neighbours calm down a bit. Don't think pressing my claims on France is going to happen any time soon the way things are right now :laugh:
Instead having fun in the Americas for the time being.

Last edited:
tumblr_mrhv47NuDY1r8zfyfo1_1280.jpg

Played for around 50 years and managed to kick Austria from the HRE throne. Currently replenishing my manpower due to a bunch of HRE wars (and building an army... I had only 10k before becoming the Emperor)

Update to my French Empire. I've started colonizing, but I'm not sure how to make it faster than it already is; I only have 2 colonists and I can't really afford the exponential costs of having more...any tips?

eu4_4.jpg

eu4_5.jpg

Yes, you attack Aztec, Creeks etc, and you steal all their money: and you are going to have that if everything goes right : :2013-08-15_00002.jpg

(I'll update when I will have finish with this game, France is so strong that's absurd ! Right now, I plan on colonizing Oceania and southe-east Asia, and then, ill colonize the innland of North America, there is no need to do it right now, I already colonized all the coastlines, I was very surprised because Portugal and Castille began to colonize near 1590 (very late) while I began in the 50's)

Unfortunately, both Spain and Portugal are colonizing the Caribbean and Brazil in my games. So you just attacked the natives for money, and used the money to build lots of colonies at once?

Did you take Exploration as your 2nd idea group? I took it as my 3rd...

I took it as my third also, but as I said, I was the first to discover the Americas. In my game, Castillle and Aragon were at war every 5 years, one won the first time, the other the second and etc, and Portugal was allied with Aragon with which I also was at war often, so, basically, the Hiberian Peninsula was a nightmare and Portugal and Castille were very poor, on the other hand, England got a lot of rebellion, and I also waged some war against them to weaken them during a time. So, I was lucky to be able to compete in the Caribeans alone. I can't advice you more, sadly, but, yes, I attacked the Aztec for 8000 coins, and I had 3 and then, four colonies (I took expansion ideas) in the same time.

here is my imported empire after a while, the empire are the Bursaquids(just after importing is present earlier this thread):
8B35FE10B8F7EF39B948E0C169248DD102C6932B

I annexed Iraq(Mesopotamia in CK2) and Ali(what would be Jerusalem in CK2 but it was sunny) via diploannex, which gave me 30% of the land there, I also annexed via military force two OPM in the black sea(Anatolia from CK2) and another one I don't remember the name.

I then conquered some provinces from the Tajadins(I think this was the name), who by the way got inmediately annexed by nubia.

I survived really luckily to a byzantine war, and managed to release Anatolia(after annexing the one that was present at the start).

I think I've been really lucky, as you can see from my diplomatic points and my stability.

Although Byzamtium(now less) and Persia are really scary.

oh, and Denmark seems to be conquering the whole Scandinavia, Castile is doing the reconquest and Aquitaine is expanding on what I'd swear are formal France lands. And I almost forgot, Gotland is independent and Norse.

This is probably possible because of this game being converted(although I'm not happy how some things got converted)

My imported Bulgarian empire. I managed to secure Italy and northern France through a marriage with a Carolingian. However after a holy Jihad by the Umayyads I lost most of France. Success is obviously not rewarded in Umayyadian society because they were shortly overthrown by the Mahdis. :p

F1EA5708B5DD39C09F2B042BA2EE3C087180DC1A

My imported Bulgarian empire. I managed to secure Italy and northern France through a marriage with a Carolingian. However after a holy Jihad by the Umayyads I lost most of France. Success is obviously not rewarded in Umayyadian society because they were shortly overthrown by the Mahdis. :p

F1EA5708B5DD39C09F2B042BA2EE3C087180DC1A

just out of curiosity to know if the converted games tend to be like this, but is byzantium more scary than in CK2?

just out of curiosity to know if the converted games tend to be like this, but is byzantium more scary than in CK2?

Well, we're at equal strength so a war would be bloody. On top of that I have Muslims in France to worry about! But generally, yes, Byzantines have potential to be very dangerous converted games. Really no different to how Ottomans are dangerous right now.