• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
619 AVC
rome_map_5.jpg

Playing as the Ptolemy, obviously. I don't have territories in the Italian peninsula, it's an ally of Rome, the colors are very similar. I do however have Ionia and some adjacent territories, Rhodes, Crete, Malta, Corsica and Sardinia. The Seleucids have been my allies for most of the game, through civil wars I was able to get some territories from them. My beef is with the Antigonid Kingdom, which keeps expanding, but is allied with the Seleucids too, so I'll have to be careful. I have the biggest and best army, but still I'm scared of the Seleucids. I do however plan on conquering the whole Greece and Asia Minor eventually... in the name of peace of course :)
Will keep posting. I'm still enjoying this mod a lot.

Attachments

• rome_map_5.jpg
    rome_map_5.jpg
    286,7 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for posting BBR91.

Sounds like your Successor (or Epigoni) Triumvirate has been very successful. :)

I would like to see more. Have you got time to complete the Alexander challenge and reform the Argead Empire? Perfect for the Ptolemy dynasty, since Ptolemy was rumoured to be a son of Phillip.

692 AVC
Ptolemy_692.jpg

After a huge war with the Antigonid Kingdom I was only able to obtain Phoenicia and fortunately the Seleucids didn't intervene because we were both allied with them. Some years later I started another war with them which lasted 25 years or so, I managed to conquer all of their territory, but I was only able to obtain half of Greece as seen on the map. There are only a few countries left, Rome is my ally fortunately, and now I'm rebuilding my armies and my manpower for a future campaign to conquer more from the Antigonid Kingdom and perhaps release some distant countries as I'm not interested in Britania and such.

I don't think I can reform the Argead Empire, it would take huge wars to do so and I don't have the time.

So the world is pretty much controlled by a few superpowers :) Interesting game though, will post more.

727 AVC - End of the game
Ptolemy_727.jpg

There's not much more to say. It was a great, fun game, again proving that Rome is still a great game, even though it's the underdog of the Paradox lineup. And Epigoni is a great mod, which should be developed further :)
Playing as one of the great powers was not as easy as expected, keeping the Seleucids at bay and struggling with internal politics is a definitely a challenge. I had to fight several civil wars, and for a nation of this scale, a civil war is devastating and long lasting. All in all it was a great game and I'm looking forward for my next Epigoni game, hopefully using a new version :D

Behold the Pontic Empire:

arome_map_1459.jpg

rome_map_25600.jpg

As you can see, I started as a OPM and obviously expanded at the expense of my weaker, fellow minors. As for Greece and Asia Minor, that required
5 wars that I have chosen to call the Pontic Wars, in which I fought the three Greek powers of the Antigonid, Cassandrian, and Lysimachid Kingdoms.

Early on, I became a faithful ally to the Antigonid Kingdom, which was also allied to the Cassandrian Kingdom and other Greek minors. We fought the
Lysimachids in a war in which the Antigonids gained a few provinces. The second time was the First Pontic War.

After expanding in the east, I declared war and called in my allies. I gained a few provinces and called the war a success. I returned to conquering
and rid the world of the eye-sore that is the Bosporan Kingdom. Earlier, the Antigonids and the Cassandrians had fought a war against the barbarians
on the Black Sea coast and the Antigonids gained the eastern half of the coast while the Cassandrians gained one lone province in the Bosporus.
So I promptly initiated the Second Pontic War.

The Antigonids were wise and dishonored their alliance with the Cassandrians; the Lysimachids not so much. I annexed the Cassandrian Kingdom
in its entirety. Soon afterwards, the Lysimachids allied with the Antigonids. This only made it more difficult for me when I launched the Third Pontic War.

Nearly all of Greece was against me: minors and island nations, even Sicily. Eventually we fought to a stalemate. So I had to settle for kicking the
Antigonids out of the Bosporus. Epic wars can be exhausting, so I took a break: you may have noticed Egypt.

Some time before this, I allied both Egypt and the Seleucids, which provided me a secure eastern frontier. For those of you wondering:
no, I didn't call them for help at any time. Why? I'm invincible, you see; I can't be vinced. Egpyt had civil war troubles that soon became
Lower Egypt problems and Egypt was left with the provinces in the south. Like a good friend, I offered a hand and conquered the problem.
After that short distraction, I resumed my conflict with the Antigonids.

It was the most successful war ever; not a province was spared. I reduced the Lysimachids to their capital in Chersonesus (Taulanti had fun)
and gained the Antigonids Black Sea coast provinces. But that was only the fourth war; the fifth dealt the fatal blow.

In the Fifth Pontic War, the Antigonid Kingdom was reduced to two provinces in Greece and its possessions in the Far North,
the minors of Greece were annexed, and all island nations in the Eastern Mediterranean, except Crete, were neutralized. The only other survivor
of the Antigonids' Greek Coalition was Sicily.

Now that it was all smooth sailing, I showed Carthage who's boss and told the Seleucids to take a hike after sending me a call to arms.
I even conquered Lower Egypt, but persistent crashes kept me from getting the screenshot. At some point I won a civil war and
narrowly avoided a second.

A few things to note:
The barbarian powers in the west: Arveni in lower France probably being the strongest.
Sicily is the undisputed power of the middle Mediterranean(being allied to the Antigonids was useful).
Rome's dead: being sandwiched between Arveni and Sicily was a precarious existence.

Thanks for your time.
Awesome mod.

8e09.png

Bactria campaign before the end of the world... after this (around 0 AD), the Seleucids attacked my ally Egypt with their 500k manpower and bringing Macedonia, Egypt did not call me in so I declared war on the Seleucids, the war is still going after about 10 years and Ebypt peaced out and was called back, and being hopeless despite having 400k manpower I loaded as Rome and declared war on Macedonia, so now the Seleucids are at war with Egypt, Bactria and Rome and it's still hard to beat them. After the war I will quit the campaign, it's getting close to 50 AD and there is no end date yet...