• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hardradi

Lt. General
34 Badges
Apr 20, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Prison Architect
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Epiogni Mod version 1.32i

Akragas => Sicily - from a two province weakling into a minor power of in 13 years. Demetrius my tyrant has great military skill which helped him hold off Carthage but not emough finesse to declare a monarchy. :mad:

sic1.jpg

sic2.jpg

Save the bmp as a png (or even a jpg if you don't mind a bit of artifacting) and it won't be so huge.

Also Hardradi, did half of Asia Minor sink beneath the waves in your map? ;)

Here's the real map: http://img827.imageshack.us/i/romemap1.jpg/

I may have modified the games end time though xD i played the mauryan empire, and through spamming gifts to Egypt i managed to ally them and get them to join me in a war versus the seleucids, after i ended the war and i had gained a few territories Egypt broke their alliance with me and went on a killing spree on the middle east and africa.

Save the bmp as a png (or even a jpg if you don't mind a bit of artifacting) and it won't be so huge.

Also Hardradi, did half of Asia Minor sink beneath the waves in your map? ;)

Finally we have found it :D

atlantis2.jpg

Here's the real map: http://img827.imageshack.us/i/romemap1.jpg/

I may have modified the games end time though xD i played the mauryan empire, and through spamming gifts to Egypt i managed to ally them and get them to join me in a war versus the seleucids, after i ended the war and i had gained a few territories Egypt broke their alliance with me and went on a killing spree on the middle east and africa.

Not as good as the first effort. ;)

You must have had a tough time with the low Mauryan manpower. The next release should beef them up a bit more when I add some more indian provinces.

Well, yeah... Im not sure you totally understood that the first one was photoshopped?

Anyways yeah, but the alliance with Egypt was actually not as useful as i though since they betrayed me, murdering my heir apparent twice =/

And they desecrated my holy sites and invaded the turks which i had a very important trade route with.

EDIT. another map, i only played this one for 3-4 in-game years so not an awesome one but anyways here: http://img88.imageshack.us/i/romemap2.jpg/

I played ocodales or whatever that spanish tribe is called.

Last edited:
From 434AVC?

I see some interesting colours on the map. It amazing to see lots of the smaller countries still surviving after 60 years. Rome appears to have stagnated but the Samnites have expanded to the south. Eprius has actually beaten Carthage and held onto part of Syracuse. The Parthians are gone the Mauryans have managed to win some provinces from the Seleucids. The Lysimachid Kingdom is as strong as ever. I might need a death event to break it down a bit.

- Who (light blue) has taken over the Ptolemies lands?
- Who (green) has taken over Macedon?

Blue in Egypt is Lower Egypt (theocracy, greek cultured). The green in Macedonia is the Lysimachid Rebels, There's been a civil war going on for like 15 years or so. There's another bug with that btw.

May I present the Divine Pyrrhus' Epirot Kingdom of 521 AUC.

As allies of the great Lysimachid and Seleucid Empires, each of whom is allied to the might Ptolemies, our security against any conceivable enemy seems all but ensured. We stand firm in reverence of ascended Divine King Pyrrhus, whose will continues to be channelled by his 12-year-old great-grandson who serves as High Priest.

romemap1.jpg

It is notable that the civilized kingdoms of the Volcae, of the Boii, and to a lesser extent of the Helvetii and Aedui have emerged with literally no influence from our mighty state, and some scholars believe that the Antigonid Kingdom, theoretically unstable, could have continued powerfully for long amounts of time were it not for the emergence of an ongoing civil war that provided us and our allies the opportunity to descend and claim the 6 cities of the loyalists' North.

Some go so far as to argue that it was unrealistic for the Antigonids to have broken so even in the Struggle against Demetrius so many years ago, having seen the Antigonids annex Epirus' faithful ally Arcania (who was only recently liberated into our glorious state) and demand tribute from the Aetolian League (who remains their puppet to this day) at the cost of but one province in the North. These claims are often dismissed, as that IS what happened in reality and thus cannot be unrealistic.

These conspiracy theorists claim that that old war, as well as the frequent emergences of tribes into united "blobs" that are considered formal kingdoms of considerable civilization, and the unshakable stability and might of the Lysimachids, Ptolemies, Seleucids, Lusitani, Boii, and until recently the Antigonids in comparison to such... quasi-fearsome... middle powers like Rome and Carthage may be signs that a governor of reality, during the addition of a truly stupendous number of astoundingly great factors into reality which these theorists state have improved the world an almost unspeakably vast amount (it really is incredible how much they thank him and how high they hold this creator in esteem), may have shifted the "balance" of reality from how it "should" be to produce a "vaguely off" political situation.

Regardless of any crackpot theories these "Hardradists" posit, our glorious empire will surely continue to realize Pyrrhus' dream of a subjugated North, and perchance a vengeance upon his once-enemies in Rome or a conquest of our rightful lands in Sicily.

:p

Looks like I might have to decrease starting relations between the successor states, so that they actually fight, or perhaps include some diplomatic tension events of Coele-Syria.

You are only at 231BC, are the Hellenic states paper tigers compared to the might Rome?

Shame, how can you let the Carthaginians rule in Syracuse when it should be part of your rightful realm. :eek:

Dannevirk, you can take a map-screenshot by pressing F12 ingame. It gets saved to your screenshots folder as a .bmp, though before you upload it you should probably change it to a more compressed format like .jpg.
:p

Looks like I might have to decrease starting relations between the successor states, so that they actually fight, or perhaps include some diplomatic tension events of Coele-Syria.

You are only at 231BC, are the Hellenic states paper tigers compared to the might Rome?
Rome isn't very mighty, at the moment. Years after that shot, they're getting killed by a confederation of the gallic/germanic tribes, plus the Volcae and Iceni. The Hellenic states are stable, have vast armies, and it's impossible to be at war with one without having to fight every Greek-culture state except Rhegium. If war breaks out between Rome and any of them, including Crete or Aetolia, there is no way it can go well for Rome. Or Carthage, for that matter, who recently lost Syracuse, Malta and a bunch of African holdings towards the leader of the Hellenistic war effort.

The thing is, Rome/Carthage aren't in any cascadable alliances. This makes them less fearsome than the Aedui, or even Colchis [who now rules Pontus and has come out fairly even on a couple of wars with Seleucia+allies] debatably. And MUCH less fearsome than the Grand Alliance of the Entire Hellenic World with the Sole Exception of Rhegium [who will have a better name when someone gets around to making Rhegium stop being so existent].

It might be an anomaly specific to this savegame, but some system to make Greeks/Celts less eachother-likey might be called for if it's not.
Hardradi said:
Shame, how can you let the Carthaginians rule in Syracuse when it should be part of your rightful realm. :eek:
His Divine Highness Pyrrhus died before turning his sights in a direction other than North, and his immediate successors felt the his will was one of Northern conquest, and the final elimination of all nations that he had needed to allow survive after one fight [stupid Odrysae/Liburni, with their 'existing' after wars with Pyrrhus].

Needless to say, we crushed the North and war with Carthage has since proven profitable.

Dacia_571.jpg

Year is 571 AVC

Playing as Dacia, Epigoni 2.01b, from the earliest start date. I've written the names of some of the more surprising countries. Dacia starts with 2 provinces, but I have some 1-2 provinces neighbors and by quickly invading them I quickly annexed them. Then I targeted the countries on the Adriatic Sea coast, because I couldn't colonize the barbarian provinces (lack of civilization). By then I was strong enough to take on pretty much everybody in the region, except for any greeks, which are allied between them, and I don't dare touch them.

I must admit that in the middle of the game I changed the /common/defines.txt:
#_TRDEF_CIV_SPREAD_FROM_TRADE_ from 0.05 to 0.15
#_CDEF_CIV_SPREAD_FACTOR_ from 0.007 to 0.01
It just annoyed me that I wasn't able to colonize any barbarian provinces, even though I was trading with Rome which would imply importing some "civilization". But now I find that civilization is more properly spread by trade and also through neighbors. The 0.02 value of the civilization_spread multiplied by the construction tech level is fine I guess.

The shocking thing in my game is Rome! At some point they were able to conquer another province apart from what they had at the beginning (and now) but some years later, the Senones rose and kicked everybody's ass in the region. Happily I allied with them and they helped me a lot in my wars to conquer the lesser nations surrounding me :D. Also note that Carthage is gone. Celtiberia rose and dared to conquer them, after most of their territories were taken by Theveste. The celts in France have been battling each other forever and lucky for me none prevailed. The Sicambri may pose a threat, but nothing compared to the Greeks. Even though they fight each other sometimes, most of them are allied with each other and with the Seleucid Empire. I tried to befriend them but they just all seem to hate me. Luckily they never attacked.

Will post more as the game progresses. Great mod! :D Would love more trade goods and economic events and decisions :)
Cheers!

Thanks for posting BBR91. The evolution of the tribes in the west is amazing. As you pointed out, how did the Senones come to dominate northern Italy and Theveste to emerge as ruler of the Numidians. The east is very dull by comparison, the Seleucid juggernaut is still there in all its glory.

The problems with the alliance system in the latest patch is a real issue in the game at the moment. At least the Celts are at each others throats.

I would suggest you look to build a decent navy if you are going to tackle the Panhellenic Alliance. That way you should be able to take Greece and hold them in Asia.

rome_map_2.jpg

589 AVC

Indeed you are right. If I build a strong enough navy, I'll be able to keep the Seleucids out of Greece and hold them on the ground at chock points. But as you can see I expanded in the West and I'm going to continue doing so as it's much easier to fight Gallic tribes. Things are looking quite good :)

As of now, Dacia is the first nation, both province number-wise and income-wise :D

I need to post my current Egypt game. I deadlocked with Carthage, so did some colonizing instead, including Dalmatia and Gallia Cisalpina. Rome is currently stuck between Egyptian Gaul and Carthaginian Sicily, with fifty thousand men defending Italia and Magna Graecia. Should be interesting.