• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I've decided to go for another Welsh run... and some weird shit's happened.

The British Situation.jpg

Try and guess what's going on in the British Isles...

My Heir Part I.jpg

As you can tell, I am a Roman Hellenic Tribal. The last TRULY civilized man!;)

But what's going on with my heir? He's not of my dynasty and he's imprisoned? Well, to thicken the plot, he's a Norse pagan!

My Heir Part II.jpg

HE'S MY PRISONER! He's 31 years old and has been my prisoner for 31 years! It appears that his mother was captured by me in my raids/ conquests into Mercia. But why by Jupiter's left nut is he my heir?! Why would I, a prim and proper civilized Roman, make an unwashed barbarian my heir?!

I would LOVE to hear the conversation with his wife...:rolleyes:

W4tpttH.jpg

I knew nomads were OP, but not this OP.

Yeah, nomads are absolutely ridiculous in the hands of a player. There is no cross-section (government, religion, etc.) in the game that is so stratified between potential for player dominance and potential for AI dominance[1].

I've never tried to address the disparity between player an AI nomads in EMF — mostly because I'm not sure what kind of malus to give players or what kind of bonus to give AI that actually makes sense (and number one rule of EMF is "Shit must make sense."). It'd be nice if it were addressed, though, so that playing a nomad would ever seem fun [to me, at least] again. [I did two nomad runs after we compatched for Horse Lords / 2.4, which were fun, but I've not looked back.]

[1] Yes yes, the AI will also do some crazy-dominant things with them (though this is far more limited in Furry3 in my personal experience), but the point is that a player nomad is simply a force that cannot be stopped, unless you game over early before building a decent powerbase.

If CPR could give the romans italian faces that would be much appreciated.
Post that in the CPRplus sticky thread and your suggestion might see the light of day.

If CPR could give the romans italian faces that would be much appreciated.
EU3NOOB is not playing the mod with CPRplus enabled, though. CPRplus wouldn't let king-tier characters wear warrior lodge clothing.

What is your opinion on oases?
To paraphrase the former SWMH team member elvain, "even the Bedouin and Berber nomads who inhabited those parts of the deserts never just stayed in oasis spots; they moved around, and with the oasis wormholes you lose that portion of reality."

I think my personal preference will always be a hub-and-spoke looking provinces, with a larger circle around the "oasis" and then actual "spokes" of land reaching out towards the other oases or provinces instead of these "crossing" dots the oasis style has. Because these trans-Sahara routes were major trade routes, and I don't think the Oases style represents the sheer volume of traffic across these provinces. The hub-and-spoke also allows for pockets of desert to be "absorbed" by the controlling groups better than oases does, so control over these routes also grants control over the desert, representing the comfort that that group has crossing vast swaths of desert safely. .

I just wish the rest of India got added back in, now that CK2 runs much faster. As an option.
It wasn't removed actually, and performances isn't the main reason behind its lack of addition.

Oh I was wondering if the successor clans were scripted to convert to Islam, since they almost always do. Makes me wanna reform Hellenism even more, so that I can convert the Horde before muslims do :p