• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First time I played nomadic seriously, until I found it cool, easy to expand, fighting between the inner clans, lots of story to tell (not to mention my favorite part of CK2, which is to live the decay of my own dynasty)
In Red: Kimek's Ultimate Expansion
In Green: Nations that have already paid or pay tribute to Kimek
In Blue: The two sultanates that Kimek vassalized, Bukharí and Taherí (consequently with the weakening of Kimek they became independent, but were swallowed by the Seljucidas that arrived after they formed Érán).
Not to mention that the Kimek clan was not always in charge, Akinji, the current Khan, became the leader of the clan at age 16, and leader of all tribes at age 18, but the beginning was difficult, his ancestors were already the greatest Kimek khans, Akinji wanted to do the same, so he subjugated all the clans that did not lend loyalty when he came to power, and replaced these clans with more loyal ones. I suffer wars against the seljuks, but managed to expand to the border with the Russian tribes, and take tributes from them, as well as subjugate the Hindus in Tibet and northern India. He was once Tengri, half of the clan were Manicheans and Sunnis, but now he leads the Buddhist revival across the steppe and the other clans.

20190108161706_1.jpg

What is the best momento to turn to tribal? because i want to change to Chinese Imperialism at some time.
20190113181843_1.jpg

EDIT: As long as they do not give me a tip, I continue to conquer territories as nomad.
20190113224937_1.jpg

Last edited:
My first Chinese Imperial Government
20190115034308_1.jpg

Do you need Jade Dragon to become Chinese Imperialist?

Duc Semitto died, and now his son, who is not yet old enough to rule, waits there with a new regent.

I won this trait for being the first non-Carolingian king in the lands of the ancient Empire. On the decision tab I can form 3 empires, of course only one of them, the Saint-Empire Romain, the French version of the more Romanic HRE, needing two more kingdoms, Burgundy and Aquitaine, as you can see no territory in the old barbarian lands .

I can still form the Holy Roman Empire, the historical standard, in which Deutshcland and Lotaringa are missing, of all these I have the casus belli of conquest, except for Deutschland.

And the other and easier, and in my view more logical, is the Empire of Lombardy, which would be created as an empire of the Italian people, of course I would conquer Aquitaine and Burgundy, only when creating this empire, these kingdoms to be part of his De Jure.

What do you think? Which of the 3 should I do? To revive the Empire of Charlemagne (in both versions) or to create a new Empire of Settimo, and to rival historically with Charlemagne?

20190216225804_1.jpg
20190216230913_1.jpg
20190216230915_1.jpg
20190216230917_1.jpg

Duc Semitto died, and now his son, who is not yet old enough to rule, waits there with a new regent.

I won this trait for being the first non-Carolingian king in the lands of the ancient Empire. On the decision tab I can form 3 empires, of course only one of them, the Saint-Empire Romain, the French version of the more Romanic HRE, needing two more kingdoms, Burgundy and Aquitaine, as you can see no territory in the old barbarian lands .

I can still form the Holy Roman Empire, the historical standard, in which Deutshcland and Lotaringa are missing, of all these I have the casus belli of conquest, except for Deutschland.

And the other and easier, and in my view more logical, is the Empire of Lombardy, which would be created as an empire of the Italian people, of course I would conquer Aquitaine and Burgundy, only when creating this empire, these kingdoms to be part of his De Jure.

What do you think? Which of the 3 should I do? To revive the Empire of Charlemagne (in both versions) or to create a new Empire of Settimo, and to rival historically with Charlemagne?

View attachment 451636 View attachment 451637 View attachment 451638 View attachment 451639

Empire of Lombardy all the way, the Karlings have had their time!

View attachment 451636 View attachment 451637 View attachment 451638 View attachment 451639
SAINT-EMPIRE ROMAIN

Hands-down, no contest.

I realized they're different spellings of the same word, but why are they separate? Is Saint-Empire Romain's capital in Paris or something?

Yes. Also I remember someone petitioning Ziji to add a Spanish variant as well. Needless to say that didn't happen.

I think a natural third option would be an Italian centered "Sacro Romano Impero" to represent a more successful Guy of Spoleto or Berengar of Friuli.

While this can already be sort of achieved by creating titular Italia a papal-coronated version would be nice.

I realized they're different spellings of the same word, but why are they separate? Is Saint-Empire Romain's capital in Paris or something?

Capital, CoA, map color (which is so sexy IMHO), and almost entirely different starting de jure territory. Also some flavor differences in terms of minor titles, although we'd like to (and planned to) add more flavor differentiation between the two. We've carefully coded EMF so as to always treat either version of the HRE as the HRE. E.g., if your SER manages to also conquer up through Lubeck, the Hansa can theoretically form under the SER instead of just the German HRE.

I think a natural third option would be an Italian centered "Sacro Romano Impero" to represent a more successful Guy of Spoleto or Berengar of Friuli.

While this can already be sort of achieved by creating titular Italia a papal-coronated version would be nice.

Yes, I've long wanted to add this variant as well, and given the time and interest at that time, I would do so in a heartbeat. However, two HREs is already twice the HRE of vanilla, while three HREs are only +50% HREness from our current state of affairs if you get my drift (i.e., we could add more variants all damn day, but there are definitely some diminishing returns on the benefit to players overall).