• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Meneth

Crusader Kings 3 Programmer
153 Badges
Feb 9, 2011
www.paradoxwikis.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
Since the vanilla forums have this sort of thread, I suppose we might as well have one as well.

So in this thread anything goes, as long as it complies with the forum rules, and is a screenshot/situation from HIP.

Since the vanilla forums have this sort of thread, I suppose we might as well have one as well.

So in this thread anything goes, as long as it complies with the forum rules, and is a screenshot/situation from HIP.

Theodora 'the devil within'

I've created an op character who was loved by many , firstly i spammed the pilgrimage events.
Before
2014-01-20_00001.jpg

After
2014-01-20_00002.jpg

As you see in the second picture i bribed the prince of Baiern...

...After 6 years of a devious plotting spree , she married to the most powerful ruler in Europe and produced a male heir.
2014-01-21_00003.jpg

At least i've expanded as well
2014-01-21_00004.jpg

All of this in Ironman mode
2014-01-21_00005.jpg

What will she do next?

What a twist:
-snip-
Usually Galicia becomes part of Leon and/or Castille. But this time, it actually ate Leon.
Who knows what more might happen.

Hmm, you are motivating me to start a campaign too. Also, I'm really a fan of Galicia's color (as I'm a fan of all of SWMH's color choices, really). For some reason that also motivates me to play an SWMH campaign again-- it's been awhile due to my intolerance of any lag, and SWMH can be troublesome in that respect sometimes.

EDIT: I've always wanted to play a proper d'Ivrea game as the Count Palatine of Upper Burgundy to eventually reclaim my house's historical claims to the Iron Crown of Lombardia. In fact, I may still have a save of that in its early stages... Otherwise, that particular idea's going to take awhile as a Catholic with no claims, an HRE to escape, and 50-75% more provinces over which to fight (SWMH). Damn pacifist catholics. :)

Last edited:
Hmm, you are motivating me to start a campaign too. Also, I'm really a fan of Galicia's color (as I'm a fan of all of SWMH's color choices, really). For some reason that also motivates me to play an SWMH campaign again-- it's been awhile due to my intolerance of any lag, and SWMH can be troublesome in that respect sometimes.
In the end they ate Castille too.
Then my event kicked in and the kingdom of Galicia title ceased to exist.

In the end they ate Castille too.
Then my event kicked in and the kingdom of Galicia title ceased to exist.
Heh, that event. My override forces Galicia to be usurp-only so I'm at least not bothered by the 'You can create a title' (when I effectively can't) alert.

Now you're probably gold-colored. Not bad either. Now, just get enough territory to form e_spain, then invite to court and push your cousins' claims on Aragon and Navarra. Better indirectly prevent them from expanding so they don't take too much of the de jure territory for the empire. Hehe.

Damn, I should have taken a screenshot. I have quite funny setup now in my testgame. Playing as Ethiopia, I closely watch situation in Egypt. The Fatimids have somehow managed to Blitzkrieg Nubia, but at the same time they lost large part of Egpyt propper - almost everything West of the Nile (with parts of the Delta) and north of Giza all the way to Tripolis belongs to quite powerful sultanate of Egypt... unfortunately they don't seem to fight with each other over Egypt, but rather expand each their own way :(

PS: Meneth what was the year of the screenshot?

Damn, I should have taken a screenshot. I have quite funny setup now in my testgame. Playing as Ethiopia, I closely watch situation in Egypt. The Fatimids have somehow managed to Blitzkrieg Nubia, but at the same time they lost large part of Egpyt propper - almost everything West of the Nile (with parts of the Delta) and north of Giza all the way to Tripolis belongs to quite powerful sultanate of Egypt... unfortunately they don't seem to fight with each other over Egypt, but rather expand each their own way :(

1080 or so, I think.

Were the Egyptian factions both Shiite? That would explain expanding in opposite directions. Or, if the usurpers west of the Nile are simply stronger, that would explain it too.

Were the Egyptian factions both Shiite? That would explain expanding in opposite directions. Or, if the usurpers west of the Nile are simply stronger, that would explain it too.
Didn't notice the usurper's religion... but I think they were sunnis or monophysite as their powerbase was in region which is predominantly sunni or miaphysite... but their capital is the only shiite province in the region :/

Well I was playing as a welsh petty prince in the William the Conqueror bookmark and less then a year in I get an arrange marriage offer from the king of England. Only it wasn't the king I was expecting.

There wasn't even a civil war. I really hope he manages to keep the throne.

pzsLTOY.png

I've never seen the British Isles having such wonderfully pretty borders. Brian II Ua Brian "The Great" has managed to outdo even his own illustrious ancestor, and the Kingdom of Alba is not imploding like it usually does. The only thing wrong so far is Wales, with Deheubarth (spelling?) owning a chunk of Gwynedd...

hs0KXvg.png

Kometoupoulos Bulgaria is actually a thing; the Rhomanoi were too weak from their constant losing wars to the Seljuks and Normans to stand a chance--hopefully they become a strong regional power as I'm tired of the Romans dominating every damn game in vanilla.:mad:

I am so angry. After the Byzantine Empire broke apart one of the now-independent Byzantine dukes declared a holy war on my Tengri High Chiefdom over an Orthodox province I controlled. While I was in the field fighting his forces he captured my capital. He imprisoned my wife and children, ranging from the ages of 16 to 2. The bastard blinded them, including my 8 year old son and heir! What kind of monster blinds women and children? I have sworn to devote all my energy to making him and wife family suffer forever! It's personal now....

I am so angry. After the Byzantine Empire broke apart one of the now-independent Byzantine dukes declared a holy war on my Tengri High Chiefdom over an Orthodox province I controlled. While I was in the field fighting his forces he captured my capital. He imprisoned my wife and children, ranging from the ages of 16 to 2. The bastard blinded them, including my 8 year old son and heir! What kind of monster blinds women and children? I have sworn to devote all my energy to making him and wife family suffer forever! It's personal now....

You wanna talk angry? My current king of Sicily (I started as a count of Cagliari) Has four sons. Even though I had primogeniture in both my kingdoms (Sicily and Jerusalem). The game for some reason decided that my heir should be my second son, instead of the first. And no he was not a priest or held a bishopric. The problem is that their mother was the late deposed empress of Byzantium, and I fought the war for my successor (the game insisted this was my second son) to claim the throne, and won. When I loaded the game today my second son was Emperor of Byzantium, while my first son was my heir. This is ironman, mind you. So now I either have to kill my firstborn or give up the dream of reacquainting Romans with Catholicism.

EDIT: Done. The unfortunate firstborn chocked on his blood.

ck2_30.png

AI Norse pagan queen of England and Ireland. I don't see that too much in my games, and certainly not this late (I started in 867 and it's 1090).

Catholicism's really taken it in the teeth this game--MA was down at 17% at one point without any antipopes--which I suppose isn't helping the cause.

That sounds cool as hell!