• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I recommend MEIOU. Total overhaul of graphics and everything else. I try to love Magna Mundi but I guess it's the vanilla graphics and map that turn me off. MEIOU has a beautiful and very detailed custom map.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wallachia, 1576.

One question. Can I go til the end of time or eventually the tech gap will stop me? I currently recruit western units from Metz and some Polish land I got, and I can get more western provinces to recruit more western units, but will it be enough?
I beat once a decent alliance of Bohemia, Prussia, Poland, Brandenburg, Naples, Savoy, etc., and some minors, and it was easy. I tried Austria and I lost, but I didn't really try. They do have small land and lot of armies and they concentrate approximately 70k per battle. My armies are severely depleted, currently 900k reinforcements needed.
I think of getting full America colonies and see if the money will balance the current tech gap. (I spammed armies from approximately 1430 til now. I still got way better cavalry than the West. )

I wonder if I can vassalize all the electors and get them convert to Orthodox and maybe they will vote me emperor. (I have one elector vassal and orthodox but infamy is too high , they won't vote. ) Maybe as emperor, with some bonuses, I can get Austria out of cards and then reach France et al.

PS. Actually, I KNOW that I can keep this style but it is fucking boring, and I cannot find a way out of spamming armies and declaring wars. It is a spiral of spamming armies. my best and only strategy is that, after a war that contains most of Europe against me, I keep occupied lots of provinces in order to get the switch allegiance event, and I got bored.
I will update you in 1776 if possible.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Eastern European cavalry remains ahead of Western until around the end of the 1500s, but Western infantry will pull far ahead by then. You'll begin to catch up slightly during the 1600s, and won't be totally uncompetitive by 1700, but it's still an uphill struggle. Westernizing during the 1500s is usually the best option, if you can manage it, but if you've taken a ton of horde land, you can probably swamp any other country by sheer numbers, regardless of tech disparity.

Forced religious conversion (within the same religious group) may be an option, by declaring war on the HRE Electors and then demanding conversion in the peace deal, but I'm not positive if Orthodox countries get that option. Playing an Eastern tech country, I find it beneficial to become an HRE member early in the game, due to the ability to inherit other HRE countries as cores, but by around 1550-1600 I want to be OUT of the HRE, because the penalties for holding illegal non-core HRE provinces get to be problematical. I'd say it's probably counter-productive by this point in your game.

Normally, I end up quitting most of my campaigns after around 1600 because it's just more of the same tedious routine over an ever-expanding area. Settling the New World just means more area to garrison, and more revolts.

Reactions:
Eastern European cavalry remains ahead of Western until around the end of the 1500s, but Western infantry will pull far ahead by then. You'll begin to catch up slightly during the 1600s, and won't be totally uncompetitive by 1700, but it's still an uphill struggle. Westernizing during the 1500s is usually the best option, if you can manage it, but if you've taken a ton of horde land, you can probably swamp any other country by sheer numbers, regardless of tech disparity.

Forced religious conversion (within the same religious group) may be an option, by declaring war on the HRE Electors and then demanding conversion in the peace deal, but I'm not positive if Orthodox countries get that option. Playing an Eastern tech country, I find it beneficial to become an HRE member early in the game, due to the ability to inherit other HRE countries as cores, but by around 1550-1600 I want to be OUT of the HRE, because the penalties for holding illegal non-core HRE provinces get to be problematical. I'd say it's probably counter-productive by this point in your game.

Normally, I end up quitting most of my campaigns after around 1600 because it's just more of the same tedious routine over an ever-expanding area. Settling the New World just means more area to garrison, and more revolts.

Thanks.

I am sure that I can convert Catholics to Orthodox because I did it with more than one country in this game. Including Poland and... Brandenburg I think. However IDK what version of the game it is, because it has some bugs, even though it is bought from a legit website. The most accurate question , is this -
I do not know if I will get enough "casus belli" in time. I do not really get casus belli in the empire. I think I got some "casus belli" only against my neighbours, usually "reconquest".

What annoys me, I lost a war with Austria even though I had very high... morale, from various bonuses, and, well, western units.
I did not exactly micromanage that war, but I have a guess, and that is that my Maurician infantry that I recruit from Metz is not as good as the Maurician Infantry Austria recruits from Vienna. Because my standard is another, eastern infantry, how it is called, the basic eastern units.

But yes, if I try really hard I can beat most of Europe, but I did notice that after I win a huge war, the other parts of Europe do not wait too much in attacking me. This is the source of my ridiculously depleted army. I do not have time to recover.
I will finish this game.

Your Maurician Infantry is fighting with your Eastern tech modifiers: a high base number with a mediocre modifier. The Western countries are fielding units with a high base number AND high modifiers. You can see those combat effectiveness modifiers on your Military screen, right after the names of your preferred unit types. If not for those Maurician units in your employ, you'd be fielding mediocre base stat units with mediocre modifiers. As an Eastern tech unit, you CANNOT go against them one-to-one, except for your Cavalry, which will still demolish their Cavalry for a few more years, but is becoming steadily less effective against their Infantry over time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wallachia, 1576.

One question. Can I go til the end of time or eventually the tech gap will stop me? I currently recruit western units from Metz and some Polish land I got, and I can get more western provinces to recruit more western units, but will it be enough?
I beat once a decent alliance of Bohemia, Prussia, Poland, Brandenburg, Naples, Savoy, etc., and some minors, and it was easy. I tried Austria and I lost, but I didn't really try. They do have small land and lot of armies and they concentrate approximately 70k per battle. My armies are severely depleted, currently 900k reinforcements needed.
I think of getting full America colonies and see if the money will balance the current tech gap. (I spammed armies from approximately 1430 til now. I still got way better cavalry than the West. )

I wonder if I can vassalize all the electors and get them convert to Orthodox and maybe they will vote me emperor. (I have one elector vassal and orthodox but infamy is too high , they won't vote. ) Maybe as emperor, with some bonuses, I can get Austria out of cards and then reach France et al.

PS. Actually, I KNOW that I can keep this style but it is fucking boring, and I cannot find a way out of spamming armies and declaring wars. It is a spiral of spamming armies. my best and only strategy is that, after a war that contains most of Europe against me, I keep occupied lots of provinces in order to get the switch allegiance event, and I got bored.
I will update you in 1776 if possible.

Cool empire you got here. It must be daunting to keep on playing in these conditions, though, and if you're getting bored and quit, nobody will put the blame on you.

Your stability is low (with the size of your empire it must take ages to recover) and so must be your morale.
You lack 900k men and to the AI it means you're weak, regardless of the number of troops you still actually have.
And last but not least your Infamy is so damn high everybody there is feeling free to DoW you, which must be exhausting.

I know World Conquests through BB wars were a thing in previous versions of EU3. But in DW there are so many annoying events that come along with it that you usually prefer to play more diplomatically, pick your war goals one by one and avoid being the dishonorable scum of the place.

Anyway, I'd like to see more of your game if you feel brave enough to keep on playing until 1776 ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Your stability is low (with the size of your empire it must take ages to recover) and so must be your morale.
You lack 900k men and to the AI it means you're weak, regardless of the number of troops you still actually have.
And last but not least your Infamy is so damn high everybody there is feeling free to DoW you, which must be exhausting.
Stability is clearly a problem, as anything below 0 is going to cause a lot of revolts, reduced income, and occasional negative events, while 0 isn't a whole lot better. Depending on his Innovative/Narrowminded slider setting and prosperity of the individual provinces, recovering stability at that size could take years for a single point.

Being far below your maximum number of military units does tend to invite attack, but there's apparently enough money to build more units, so that could help.

45 Infamy is a disaster in its own right, as being over your Infamy limit will cause country after country to attack you, with no penalties, as well as allowing several rather bad random events to occur. Combined with being significantly under-strength (as the AI sees it), no wonder it's a constant series of wars: it's about the equivalent of putting a giant sign saying "Free stuff, poorly guarded" on your provinces. If not for the easy difficulty, this would probably have ended in collapse or a string of defeats long before.

As for the tedium, I've quit all but 2 campaigns over the years, long before completion, mainly because it's just so much of a pain to deal with stuff happening constantly in remote places, and having to send units to deal with it, over and over and over. Once you become the dominant power by a decent margin, there's not much challenge in it, just a lot of repetitious clicking. With high Infamy, the level of clicking goes way up, thanks to both increased revolts and attacks by everyone else, so I try in most campaigns to never exceed 10 Infamy, much less stray into "Dishonorable Scum" territory.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, I know what infamy does.
I never go dishonorable scum, but unfortunately my game style requires constant conquests in order to offset the costs of the ridiculously big armies I field. Also, it is a strategy in itself to try to weaken the main powers with constant wars and territorial chipping. I cannot afford a French Empire even on very easy. I had bad experiences with a too big France. (In my current game, France conquered half of Portugal, almost all Aragon and a serious amount of Castilian regions, and I had to urgently wage a war on them before they would have managed to be my neighbour.) That goes for Austria too. Being Emperor, defender of the faith, makes Austria a bigger monster than France. And, unlike France, IT IS already next door to me. The easiest games I had playing Romanian kingdoms were when I beated Austria very early, stopping their rise to a massive Central European Empire. I simply cannot afford to let them get big. Waging war with Austria and maybe 20 more German kingdoms is totally not fun.

I do not conquer regions for the hell of it. I must do it, with this game style, and I will explain why in the next paragraph.

The massive issue and the source of this cycle is that Romanian kingdoms start in a laughable region, impossible, with neighbours so strong that the first 10 minutes of the game I just look at the map and wonder where to attack. By the time I conquer only a few provinces (not linked to my land) in order to get from level "non existent" to level "look, a minor neighbour", infamy is already 10 or 20. My neighbours are, in random order, Poland, Hungary, Ottomans and a few Balkan OPM who are either vassals of Ottomans or guaranteed by Venice and God knows who else. I do not have diplomatic options between Hungary, Poland and Ottomans. The difference between me and them is ridiculous. I do not have a port, good kings or money. So the start is a race to get all the Balkan provinces I can get in order to be able to eventually field a 10-14k army. Then I try to attack either Poland and Hungary. (Ottomans will destroy me if I attack them that early. Especially that I cannot cross the straits). Trying to attack Poland or Hungary means a Ridiculous amount of reload and ragequits.
There is a point after I get a victory with Poland or Hungary, where I am relatively stable money-wise (i. e. not bankrupt lol) and I COULD stop spamming armies, but the catch is that I totally need Horde land in order to be able to field early on game some Horde Cavalry units. That steppe cavalry is the only thing that is competitive in my region. The only issue is, Horde has massive armies, so I MUST spam armies to beat them.

I explored options for a different start in a Romanian game, but yet I did not discover them (Btw, Wallachia is the only independent kingdom at start game. Other 2 are vassals, if my memory is right. Anyway I prefer Wallachia for the proximity with Dobrogea.)

Kovax is right. End game is tedious, very boring and IF you happen to have the problems I have, well, it is even annoying.

I will try to continue this game with a massive attack against France to see how that works.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yes, I know what infamy does.
I never go dishonorable scum, but unfortunately my game style requires constant conquests in order to offset the costs of the ridiculously big armies I field. Also, it is a strategy in itself to try to weaken the main powers with constant wars and territorial chipping. I cannot afford a French Empire even on very easy. I had bad experiences with a too big France. (In my current game, France conquered half of Portugal, almost all Aragon and a serious amount of Castilian regions, and I had to urgently wage a war on them before they would have managed to be my neighbour.) That goes for Austria too. Being Emperor, defender of the faith, makes Austria a bigger monster than France. And, unlike France, IT IS already next door to me. The easiest games I had playing Romanian kingdoms were when I beated Austria very early, stopping their rise to a massive Central European Empire. I simply cannot afford to let them get big. Waging war with Austria and maybe 20 more German kingdoms is totally not fun.

I do not conquer regions for the hell of it. I must do it, with this game style, and I will explain why in the next paragraph.

The massive issue and the source of this cycle is that Romanian kingdoms start in a laughable region, impossible, with neighbours so strong that the first 10 minutes of the game I just look at the map and wonder where to attack. By the time I conquer only a few provinces (not linked to my land) in order to get from level "non existent" to level "look, a minor neighbour", infamy is already 10 or 20. My neighbours are, in random order, Poland, Hungary, Ottomans and a few Balkan OPM who are either vassals of Ottomans or guaranteed by Venice and God knows who else. I do not have diplomatic options between Hungary, Poland and Ottomans. The difference between me and them is ridiculous. I do not have a port, good kings or money. So the start is a race to get all the Balkan provinces I can get in order to be able to eventually field a 10-14k army. Then I try to attack either Poland and Hungary. (Ottomans will destroy me if I attack them that early. Especially that I cannot cross the straits). Trying to attack Poland or Hungary means a Ridiculous amount of reload and ragequits.
There is a point after I get a victory with Poland or Hungary, where I am relatively stable money-wise (i. e. not bankrupt lol) and I COULD stop spamming armies, but the catch is that I totally need Horde land in order to be able to field early on game some Horde Cavalry units. That steppe cavalry is the only thing that is competitive in my region. The only issue is, Horde has massive armies, so I MUST spam armies to beat them.

I explored options for a different start in a Romanian game, but yet I did not discover them (Btw, Wallachia is the only independent kingdom at start game. Other 2 are vassals, if my memory is right. Anyway I prefer Wallachia for the proximity with Dobrogea.)

Kovax is right. End game is tedious, very boring and IF you happen to have the problems I have, well, it is even annoying.

I will try to continue this game with a massive attack against France to see how that works.

Cheers.

I feel you. Countries in that part of Europe are almost hopeless to play. Poor provinces, meager manpower, scary neighbours. And Wallachia is possibly the loneliest and most desperate of them all. When I played them in a Romanian formation game (I posted that a few pages above) I was overwhelmed by the amount of contempt and agressiveness they got from everyone else - constantly DoWed with no CB by neighbours in spite of 200 relations, royal marriage, military acess and so on. It's legit that if you play them you have to rush for conquest during the first decades if you just wanna survive.

However I'd say that at the point you've reached in the game you could change that logic and try to give yourself a break, in order to fix the main issues in your country. See if you can get some peace with your foes - white peace or at worst concede a small amount of money, which should be no big deal since you're rich and you'll still have time to recover some prestige later on. The AI is stubborn but after a few years of war without significant results it usually gets bored and accepts the pettiest of peace offers. Your country is so big that they will never manage to beat you completely anyway.

Stop taking provinces, take a break in colonization race, and make profit on what you already have. Let that infamy cool down and your stability improve. Focus on land tech research, even if you cannot or don't want to westernize and modernize the military. Give up on those 900 k missing men, you'll never get a chance to reinforce them all anyway, because if not by your enemies you will be constantly bothered by rebels, and lose more men in every battle. Reorganise your units so that they're less depleted and have better morale. Honestly, I don't think you really need such a big army. I tend to work with 300-400K armies even in the largest empires I have. Prefering quantity over quality doesn't seem a very relevant strategy on the long term. I would rather focus on quality which means improving discipline, shock and so on. When your manpower comes back, hire better units instead of insisting on reinforcing the old fashioned ones. If you're looking for the best unit type possible, especially cavalry, instead of unquiet Horde provinces, take a look at the former Ottoman territory you have - you might find some excellent Turkish cavalry units if they still have cores there (maybe it also depends on the tech level they had reached when you conquered them, I don't remember exactly how it works).

If you actually dedicate 10 years to putting your country in order like this, then you'll be able to deal with the 3 serious enemies you really have - France, Austria and Spain (of course it's way better if you don't have to fight them all at the same time, hence the necessity to avoid letting the AI think you're weak). You could create like 4 death stacks of 25.000 men standing in the Balkans, led by the best generals you can get. Austria is the most threatening one since they are your direct neighbourg - plus their armies always have excellent morale and discipline, they seem to have infinite manpower, and they attack with exasperating arrogance. You actually can beat them for good though, even that late in the game, because their territory is still much smaller than yours. Let them invade first, get them busy sieging your crappy balkanic provinces and scattering around, while you go sieging their territory. Don't scatter your own army, so that your stacks can stick together and come to defend one another in case of counterattack. Take the time to occupy every Austrian province - don't forget Sundgau, you must get that Military access through Switzerland. Win some battles if you can but above all, occupy 100% of their territory and stay there as long as you can so that their war exhaustion gets higher than yours. Do no bother taking their provinces in the peace deal, the AI would get mad at you for owning unlawful HRE territory and keep on Dowing you. Make them release Tyrol and Styria instead, whom you can guarantee if you can't keep the alliance with them in order to make sure Austria won't take them back later on while you're looking elsewhere.

France and Castile are scary as well. Maybe you shouldn't have taken those provinces next to their territories in Hispania and Africa - they're not really worth the annoyance of having to defend them against the BBB and the BYB. But OK, since you've got them... The good point is that both France and Spain usually get involved in more and more international wars as time goes by, sometimes one against each other, and you shouldn't miss an opportunity to stab them in the back then, provided you have access to their mainland territory - you owning Alentejo is precious for that matter.

Well, I'm pretty sure you already know that all, and don't need me to tell you. But my point is that it's so much better when you can plan this all ahead and choose your battles, instead of being stuck in a constant rush of defensive wars against multiple foes. Your 10 years of truce and fixing your country's situation would give you time to think it over and finally have a much more pleasant experience in your game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Lotharingian revival.

Historically, the duchy of Lorraine had a remarkable destiny. For 700 years it remained independent (and ruled by the same family !) while being stuck in the middle between the rising French and German powers.

But it could have been even better. Lorraine was a genuine remnant of the ephemeral kingdom of Lotharingia, one of the three resulting from the division of Charlemagne's empire between his grandsons in 843 (some CK2 flavour here). In spite of its excellent economical potential (it included the two wealthiest regions of Western Europe, Northern Italy and Flanders), Lothar's territory was way too streched on the map and impossible to defend against his greedy brothers and neighbours on both sides. It collapsed pretty soon, but the memory remained - and the name, Lotharingia, was slightly transformed over the years to Lorraine. But the duchy was never in a position to claim the whole territory of what was once Lotharingia... Several centuries later, it would be the mighty duchy of Burgundy that made the closest attempt at a Lotahringian reformation.

So I could have played this game with Burgundy, but it would be too cheesy. Lorraine was more legit and more interesting. A two-province minor which is not completely hopeless, thanks to its rich provinces and original starting slider positions (perhaps the most centralized country in the world at game start, I still wonder why).

The first 20 years were extremely boring though, and I was wondering what nickname my king Charles would be given after his death ("The Lame" felt appropriate). But I had accepted an alliance with Switzerland, and they called me to arms... against Austria, only allied to Savoie and already in great difficulty against Milan and Hungary.

LOR1424vsAUS.jpg

So yes : in 1430, tiny Lorraine managed to beat Austria, vassalize Savoie, take Sundgau (that 3rd province was worth the pain of 50 years of illegitimate HRE territory), and make them release Styria and Tyrol. An early, humiliating defeat which Austria would never be able to recover from.

For the next couple of centuries, I played quite casual stuff. Became HRE, inherited Milan, vassalized Switzerland (they seem too big for that at the beginning but if you occupy them long enough, the required warscore lowers from 104 to 100 %. Petty tactic, I know), took HRE provinces thanks to "claim on our rivals ! " events and Imperial ban CB, PUed England then Sweden, passed a bunch of Imperial reforms...

By 1600 though, being Emperor began to feel less comfortable towards my purpose of Lotharingian revival. To do so,I had a lot of vassals to annex, with no cores on their provinces. I wanted to connect my Lorraine and Milanese provinces to begin with. So I came up with a pretty messy tactic... For some 15 years I became a republican dictatorship. Bohemia instantly took my place on the imperial throne... but felt alone since every other elector was my vassal. I DoWed them with imperialism CB (oh the irony). And I destroyed the very empire I had ruled for almost 200 years ! Then I turned back to Absolute monarchy - with the same ruler who thus started his reign as a king, then became lord protector, then king again.

LOR1616hre.jpg

LOR1618hre.jpg

After that I went mostly busy annexing my vassals in order to gather the pieces of the puzzle to form a realm which would be the most similar possible to ancient Lotharingia. I inherited Sweden at some point, but released them as a vassal.
I stopped in 1792 - not many years left to go, and a lot of things I still could do, but I liked the map as it was then... and there was no real challenge anymore. I didn't even have the heart to conquer that cute Dauphiné ;)

LOR1792pol.jpg

EU3_MAP_LOR_1792.6.3_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_LOR_1792.6.3_2.jpg

A bit of thought on the game to conclude. I'm not so fond of massive conquests after all. Not only because I'm frustrated since I never managed any WC in EU3 :p... But I find it quite disappointing when I end up with a map of few colors, because that uniformity kind of erases the marks and scars of History. You cannot tell what happened anymore. You cannot see the process of an alternate history on the map. There are not so many weird and odd things compared to OTL. I think that's why I tend to get bored when conquests are "too" successful.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Why don't you try the magna mundi mod if you don't mind the vanilla setup? Definitely someone correct me if i'm wrong, but the MM mod isn't cosmetic, just a huge amount of new events mod?

Why don't you try the magna mundi mod if you don't mind the vanilla setup? Definitely someone correct me if i'm wrong, but the MM mod isn't cosmetic, just a huge amount of new events mod?

I've had a look at the Magna Mundi description on that good old EU3 Wiki page, and as well as MEIOU it does look ambitious, intricate... and tempting. And very time-consuming if I am to give it a try, since I already spend countless hours on plain Vanilla game :p.

Would you know where I can still find and donwload it ? The links provided by the Wiki look rather ancient and I'm not very familiar with installing mods and stuff.

They're easy to install, just remember to patch the exe to 4 or 5 gigabytes, whatever it's asking. The download links in the forums are working just fine, both MEIOU and MM. I played MM for a good hour today but had to go, though i enjoyed it very much

I am attempting a World Conquest as the Golden Horde:

SCyMDZ3.png

I've tried a similar horde WC before as the Timurids but ultimately failed to take everything before end-of-game. The basic strategy is to rush Europe while the tech difference is minimal before wheeling around and heading east, and staying at maximum decentralization for as long as possible to stave off the nasty overextension modifiers.

Because nomads can't colonize or build navies, I'm stuck at the oceans until I either switch to Mughals or take the reform decision at government level 10. My preference is to reform.

• 4Like
Reactions:
That certainly is impressive so far, good luck and keep up the screenies

With nearly all of Europe consolidated, the Golden Horde prepares for the Great Push East:

HSkBh7e.png

My goal is to coordinate so that at around the same time I will have: 1) conquered all reach-able lands; 2) reached Gov't tech 10; and, 3) gotten sliders positioned to enact the Reform Government decision. Hopefully, this will be possible before 1650 - before the Holy War Casus Belli disappears.

None of the Asian powers can seriously damage me at this point. The biggest risk is that overextension and war exhaustion will destroy my empire from within. Every sacked province lowers a horde's war exhaustion, but expanding fast brings overextension. Fortunately, by 1500 I have been sitting on much of Europe for 50 years and much of the land is cored.

After the Great Push East:

05Tj5ln.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
I couldn't compete with @Yersinia but still have sth. to show. But I have a problem with WE and rebels.

I was a bit carried away after the last TSC and charged into Castillian TI, which resulted in some WE which caused revolts in newly acquired French provinces. These in turn required larger units which in turn raised WE even higher. rebels taking courage from reduced troops in the area took up arms in Russian lands as well, which further escalated the situation. Now things are spiraling out of control with my two problems feeding into each other and leaving me helpless. I may have to restart if I cannot control the situation. and remebering the last two TSCs frighten me more than almost anything.

It's 5.1 btw.

Attachments

• EU3_10.jpg
    EU3_10.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I couldn't compete with @Yersinia but still have sth. to show. But I have a problem with WE and rebels.

I was a bit carried away after the last TSC and charged into Castillian TI, which resulted in some WE which caused revolts in newly acquired French provinces. These in turn required larger units which in turn raised WE even higher. rebels taking courage from reduced troops in the area took up arms in Russian lands as well, which further escalated the situation. Now things are spiraling out of control with my two problems feeding into each other and leaving me helpless. I may have to restart if I cannot control the situation. and remebering the last two TSCs frighten me more than almost anything.

It's 5.1 btw.

Hey that's really good!

Rebels and war exhaustion are always gonna be a threat, and increasingly so as the rebels tech up faster than you do. I've got a few strategies to help, although seeing as you've already managed to take out France and Germany, I'm sure you have your own.

- Easiest way to lower war exhaustion is by looting provinces. If you don't have vulnerable enemies, you could always break relations with a vassal.​
- For bigger countries, explore TI with individual units. Yes, they'll probably die, but who cares? Manpower won't ever be an issue for you.​
- A good high judge advisor helps a lot to reduce revolt risk.​
- Stay under the threshold for overextension as much as possible. Staying decentralized helps increase that threshold.​
- When things are getting really bad, you can always grant local autonomy to placate a group of rebels. You can only do this once every 5(?) years, so best to save it for the TSCs.​
- And if things are even worse, it's actually not that bad to let the rebels secede. The rebel groups become the new country's armies which often bankrupt it, making it easy for you to re-conquer them, and in so doing you can lower your war exhaustion through looting.​

Hope some of that helps you! At a a glance, your rebel situation doesn't look unmanageable, which is good. As for the TSCs, they do get easier as more territory cores. Hopefully your next one won't be until you have all of Europe solidly under your control. Best of luck!

Reactions:
Thank you for your input. I can replace my legitimacy advisor with a high judge after I get my legitimacy to 100. Letting rebels slip away is something I shall ponder more. I am planning to switch to Mughals after completing the subjugation of Castille in North Africa. Maybe I can keep the save and try staying nomad. But Danes are getting ahead in tech and I don't intend to become their floor mop.

Btw. I forgot to mention Emeny and Prawnstar. I learned a lot from their AARs and especially Emeny is my inspiration for starting out the way I did. But I do not have the time and energy to pursue such extend of micromanagement.