• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I didn't. Japan was formed by the AI. The first time that I have seen this. Otherwise I would never have attacked them. It was formed by Minamoto (?). The one missing in Japan. I released them in parts to keep under the BB limit. It was formed after 1600, so I couldn't annex them before 1650 completely.
I was lucky that they allied with Inca later so that I could take proinces in colonial wars for only 20% infamy. I had to reduce them far enough so that Inca stayed the leader of the alliance. Very interesting note: Japan never joined the war right away, they allways joined a few month later.

How does AI Japan know about Inca provinces? That seems almost even more weird than you having released Daimyos after conquering Japan (if I understand correctly), though I still don't understand why you want them as your vassals. You have diplomatic possibilities with Japan if it was your vassal, Daimyos are completely useless.

And that would also be the first time I ever saw AI Japan form.

Venice 1622

t00mtl.jpg

I originally wanted to stay small, just my starting Italian provinces, Aquelia, Triol & Styria, and a few others but the awesome missions just kept coming. Eventually I just went, 'screw it' and united Italy. Well, I still need Malta and Genoa. I have a lot of vassals surrounding me such as Wurttemburg, Silesia, Auveregne, Switzerland, etc.

I'm the tech leader for everything, have almost 300k manpower (I just finised a war so it's a little low in the picture). I'm a big trader, which makes up most of my income. The only reason I haven't annexed Genoa yet is because they have two cots, one being Genoa, and afiak non core cots ruin compete chances. I'm also the papal controller most of the time, which is nice. I only colonized a few islands (Cuba, Hispanola and Jamaica) so I can have a powerbase and CoT there.

I won't be forming Italy as I like Venice's colour better.

Quick update on Spain game. Its 1674:

World map-all:

EU3_MAP_SPA_167443_1.jpg

World map-Spain+Vassals

EU3_MAP_SPA_167443_2.jpg

Not only have I begun colonizing and reclaimed all of Iberia, I have also hunted down and annexed ALL of the former Iberian countries. There must be only 1 nation that is Iberian in culture!

Oh yea, and oh the borders! They make me weep whenever I pass over the America's, Africa, or Asia(especially India and China area)

Nicely done. I think your vasall is Salzburg, not Silesia. Otherwise Silesias name wouldn't be on the map.
Austria has moved to the east, looks good.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I had no part in making mega-Silesia. I did have a part however in selling Salzburg useless Austrian lands.

My Jerusalem game 1746. I felt that I was more or less done, a few more provinces for nicer borders, a couple more vassalisations to 'secure the frontiers'... Then I got into a war with Austria - massive, HRE & many allies... I trashed them on a grand scale. Turns out that my technology had been leaping ahead of all but a few other nations (those quiet OPNs). Now I'm thinking I'll stick around a bit longer, see if I can't Dismantle, convert and vassalise Europe.
Us - The Kingdom of Jerusalem and those nations who recognise the Kingdom's divine mandate...
EU3_MAP_KOJ_1746924_2.jpg

And them - Those who don't... Yet.
EU3_MAP_KOJ_1746924_1.jpg

Venice 1622

t00mtl.jpg

I originally wanted to stay small, just my starting Italian provinces, Aquelia, Triol & Styria, and a few others but the awesome missions just kept coming. Eventually I just went, 'screw it' and united Italy. Well, I still need Malta and Genoa. I have a lot of vassals surrounding me such as Wurttemburg, Silesia, Auveregne, Switzerland, etc.

I'm the tech leader for everything, have almost 300k manpower (I just finised a war so it's a little low in the picture). I'm a big trader, which makes up most of my income. The only reason I haven't annexed Genoa yet is because they have two cots, one being Genoa, and afiak non core cots ruin compete chances. I'm also the papal controller most of the time, which is nice. I only colonized a few islands (Cuba, Hispanola and Jamaica) so I can have a powerbase and CoT there.

I won't be forming Italy as I like Venice's colour better.

I suddenly have the urge to conquer Europe as that pink nation in Denmark (Holstein i think?)

Because pink is so manly ;)