• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Yersinia

Private
19 Badges
Feb 23, 2016
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
With nearly all of Europe consolidated, the Golden Horde prepares for the Great Push East:

My goal is to coordinate so that at around the same time I will have: 1) conquered all reach-able lands; 2) reached Gov't tech 10; and, 3) gotten sliders positioned to enact the Reform Government decision. Hopefully, this will be possible before 1650 - before the Holy War Casus Belli disappears.

None of the Asian powers can seriously damage me at this point. The biggest risk is that overextension and war exhaustion will destroy my empire from within. Every sacked province lowers a horde's war exhaustion, but expanding fast brings overextension. Fortunately, by 1500 I have been sitting on much of Europe for 50 years and much of the land is cored.

After the Great Push East:

• 3Like
Reactions:

kirshamor

Recruit
6 Badges
Feb 24, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
I couldn't compete with @Yersinia but still have sth. to show. But I have a problem with WE and rebels.

I was a bit carried away after the last TSC and charged into Castillian TI, which resulted in some WE which caused revolts in newly acquired French provinces. These in turn required larger units which in turn raised WE even higher. rebels taking courage from reduced troops in the area took up arms in Russian lands as well, which further escalated the situation. Now things are spiraling out of control with my two problems feeding into each other and leaving me helpless. I may have to restart if I cannot control the situation. and remebering the last two TSCs frighten me more than almost anything.

It's 5.1 btw.

Attachments

• 1Like
Reactions:

Yersinia

Private
19 Badges
Feb 23, 2016
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
I couldn't compete with @Yersinia but still have sth. to show. But I have a problem with WE and rebels.

I was a bit carried away after the last TSC and charged into Castillian TI, which resulted in some WE which caused revolts in newly acquired French provinces. These in turn required larger units which in turn raised WE even higher. rebels taking courage from reduced troops in the area took up arms in Russian lands as well, which further escalated the situation. Now things are spiraling out of control with my two problems feeding into each other and leaving me helpless. I may have to restart if I cannot control the situation. and remebering the last two TSCs frighten me more than almost anything.

It's 5.1 btw.
Hey that's really good!

Rebels and war exhaustion are always gonna be a threat, and increasingly so as the rebels tech up faster than you do. I've got a few strategies to help, although seeing as you've already managed to take out France and Germany, I'm sure you have your own.

- Easiest way to lower war exhaustion is by looting provinces. If you don't have vulnerable enemies, you could always break relations with a vassal.​
- For bigger countries, explore TI with individual units. Yes, they'll probably die, but who cares? Manpower won't ever be an issue for you.​
- A good high judge advisor helps a lot to reduce revolt risk.​
- Stay under the threshold for overextension as much as possible. Staying decentralized helps increase that threshold.​
- When things are getting really bad, you can always grant local autonomy to placate a group of rebels. You can only do this once every 5(?) years, so best to save it for the TSCs.​
- And if things are even worse, it's actually not that bad to let the rebels secede. The rebel groups become the new country's armies which often bankrupt it, making it easy for you to re-conquer them, and in so doing you can lower your war exhaustion through looting.​

Hope some of that helps you! At a a glance, your rebel situation doesn't look unmanageable, which is good. As for the TSCs, they do get easier as more territory cores. Hopefully your next one won't be until you have all of Europe solidly under your control. Best of luck!

kirshamor

Recruit
6 Badges
Feb 24, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
Thank you for your input. I can replace my legitimacy advisor with a high judge after I get my legitimacy to 100. Letting rebels slip away is something I shall ponder more. I am planning to switch to Mughals after completing the subjugation of Castille in North Africa. Maybe I can keep the save and try staying nomad. But Danes are getting ahead in tech and I don't intend to become their floor mop.

Btw. I forgot to mention Emeny and Prawnstar. I learned a lot from their AARs and especially Emeny is my inspiration for starting out the way I did. But I do not have the time and energy to pursue such extend of micromanagement.