• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
A vassal is unable to break vassalage if you ally with them and if you ally an AI vassal they cannot break that alliance.

The the HRE above, you took all that land but didn't take the sound toll provinces? For an empire that large, the extra ~15% trade income from owning the southern scandinavian provinces would be massive.

Russia? Low stability cost?

Having a religion that only gives a base stability cost of 15 is the key. Plus with serfdom, church attendency duty, trading in wine and narrowmindedness, even a vast, multicultural and religiously split empire can have a tiny stability cost.

It's early days, but here's my mighty Ryukyu empire.

3EAE5D714561F161027C8BAEF8A10453DA761D7E

C3F288F5723D38F5E205BE75D1B6413942B0C044

9DF6A62D156EDD8AE69FBD2DF4A34C4EE51924FE

Started in 1399 as Sweden, paused, released Finland and then started as them. My goal was to make pretty borders for Scandinavia. England and Luneburg decided to get all up in my face about that so my strategy was go for free trade, make money, build up my piss poor provinces, become uncontested naval power, blockade Britain and Nothern Europe, unleash spies and watch all the lands defect to my Scandinavian friends.

Fur, unlike most other resources, does not really get any better at time goes on. Provincial improvements do not increase demand for them. I'd rather have Iron and Naval Supplies. Plus for Poorland, that event which costs you 25 ducats because your local fur trappers are not assisting can be punishing.

This game was one of my many "neat" game approaches where I refuse to expand wildly either for land or vassals. I try to make all my provinces have all the provincial improvements and become a trading powerhouse. My eventual goal is to create a "beautiful borders" Europe, possibly of 1913 or modern day. If you have a small-ish country with all the province improvements, you can happily breat truce multiple times. I smashed Denmark 3 times within a couple years to eat them up then release them.

So as of 1680 I have achieved my goal - the world has been reduced to my one-province Netherlands and its 204 vassals and 7 unions. Huzzah!

Forgive my skepticism, but I tried a similar thing as Ulm once and my Infamy was in the several hundreds. Some nations needed to be annexed in quick wars and released quickly which lead to some intense infamy. How did you manage larger countries like Wu(or is that Qin)?

My Duh, HRE reforms for most of Europe and Holy war annexation/release for the rest of the world infamy-free, right?