• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Epirus -> Greece in MEIOU 5.1

GreeceEurope.jpg

GreeceReligion.jpg

GreeceDiplomatic.jpg

GreeceOceania.jpg

This game never got easy until about 1550 when I finally reached full free trade and boosted my economy through post offices and foreign markets. At it's height my inflation was 28% and I just couldn't catch a lucky break. I didn't get the -one- core I needed for Greece until 1500 (cores are got through event with MTTH of 250 years in MEIOU)

I'm used to playing Western powers, didn't know that eastern lands could be so piss poor. You jump for joy at a 5-tax province that doesn't deal in wool.

MEIOU sucks ... their economic model sucks:
playing Muscowy->Russia, mid 1550 I had Russia half of USSR size, but full of level 4 trade buildings ---> my trade efficiency was close to 380%, I had monopoly in 75% of world CoTs, income was over 45k <-- IMHO way too much for such early in the game.

Couldn't agree more on the trade eff. part. No sub-level 5 building should increase nation-wide income. Vanilla post offices were broken enough as they were. The building system is currently being overhauled and what you see now is their first go at a new building structure after they found that you can add new building types. They added a (massively underpowered) welfare and transport building type with 6 buildings for each.

That's why I changed it. Boosting trade eff. on the cheap makes for a far too easy game. With that changed I felt Meiou 5.2 was the best way to play EU3 for me. A vast improvement on an already great game.

As for the graphics, I felt the same way at first glance, now I prefer it over vanilla. That's all about personal taste. Bit harsh to say the mod sucks though. It's one of my all time favourite games.

No cheats. Just pain.

I haven't had a province with 0% revolt risk for about a century.

EDIT: I can build boats. Any nation with Muslim tech or better can build boats. I cannot, however, colonise land. A World conquest from this point would be impossible without changing government type to conqure the likes of Japan. I -could- conquer Great Britain by bordering them on the mainland then sailing over to the British Isles and taking that land (tits to that)

How did you manage to conquer the Americas and Japan? Particularly Japan, considering how buggy the Shogunate disbanding event can be.

EDIT: Also, how did you deal with the HRE formal requests? I've been thinking of trying out a GH game myself, but have been holding back because of that.

3CBBE85F5696EEAE8F979006A32C59952F32CDC0

Brunni occupied that little island to the north of Japan. I bordered Brunni, took the island then Horde-warred my way through Japan. The shogunate didn't disband but it doesn't matter, I ate shoguns and Japanese Emperor alike as per normal.

The HRE was a right ball ache. I declared on another horde while fighting the HRE as that stops the formal requests but Hainout fled to the new world remaining an elector and Genoa was reduced to Corsica. Cosica was their island capital and I wasn't able to disband the HRE until I occupied it decades later by bordering them in the Americas.

Yeah, decades of not getting the -0.08WE "peace" because I was at war with another horde. Not great for when I was fighting total war.

My humble Cherokee for the No Trail of Tears achievement with absurd manpower and tech that plunged Europe into a new dark age.

All I own are the provinces you see there and everything possible is built (or being built) Even those wool provinces are bringing in the moola.

I tell you though, of all the games for there to be blobbing AIs, I got the worst situation in that regard.

A79F019A235A9A93B9D4F7AB4E6D42767349367F

2214B9A4CCFC50E24410FC520A1FABB65B117687

266D59D62127A5362B20E39A4B2EBD153F12F91D

Hard mode, random lucky nations. All other setting default.

WT... how? o_O

That's kind of a big question. :p

I vassalised Shawnee and Creek, gave them all my lands and left myself with only Muskugee. I spent 150 years in peace making slider changes towards westernisation and innovation. in 1501, Potugal game along and got his arse kicked (a little) and I let him border me.

828B4F3C215E975D1E76D6B1851530B47E6E3AAB

5707B2DFC9272B654C7E9B4F63FC17F95EB39B87

I westernised all the way to Latin tech in a year then sailed off on a boat to Europe. I annexed two-province-minor Austria, got rid of one of the provinces and left myself with Wien. I lost my province in America, bankrupt myself and became a christian Austrian nation.

B033ACACAFABCA166AB38C32E2EC4F3D746844B4

Then I reformed my military units to Western, converted myself to Reformed religion and became a trading powerhouse. I made no effort at all to expand and only took the extra lands when I saw how much trouble France and the HRE were going to be.

That guy surely is lucky... or maybe there is something else behind it...

As an OPM cherokee... there is no way to survive. You would get annexed in no time.

I had one war with Portugal, gave them that land in the peace deal then fled to Europe before the truce was over.

I actually though I was a gonner because I only had 2,000 troops and no fort on my one province, but my vassal Shawnee came to save me and we beat back the portugese troops from my one province.

EDIT: Or do you mean surviving as an OPM in Europe? Once I was in Europe I was westernised and Christian so I was no different from Ulm or Cleves. I just lived very poor for 50 years (Wien was my only province and I had no core on it => only 10% census tax) then I just started trading like crazy.

How do you change to christian faith?

If you have only one province and go bankrupt, you become the faith and culture of that one province. Since I did so when all I had was Wien, Protestant became state religion and Austrian became state culture.

This is the only reliable way to switch religious groups.