• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Currently a Kigndom but behold: The Kingdom of Mogyergia (Hungarians in the Caucuses instead of the Carpathian Basin).View attachment 1074160
Torn between embracing Ash'ari or Orthodox in the short term. Both Byzantium and Arabia are weak and I've been able to take land off of them.
This is quite a cool scenario because there is a chance historically that some Hungarian have split off the Árpáds and crossed the Caucasus, eventually assimilated into the Georgian and Armenian cultures. Definitely my favourite custom realm what I have seen on this forum.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Currently a Kigndom but behold: The Kingdom of Mogyergia (Hungarians in the Caucuses instead of the Carpathian Basin).View attachment 1074160
Torn between embracing Ash'ari or Orthodox in the short term. Both Byzantium and Arabia are weak and I've been able to take land off of them.
And now officially an empire: The Mogyergian Khanate.
20240122201537_1.jpg

Complete with subjugated Seljuks (wasn't easy to accomplish), and a reformed Apostolic Faith known as Mogyergianism.

20240122202552_1.jpg

(Also a hybridized Magyar-Shirvani Culture)
20240122201604_1.jpg

Pity the new DLC will make this run end tomorrow.

It feels a bit small compared to the empire above, but here's my Persia:
88ECE4000E200B6F33F73ED108C45D83E38CC81D

I found it enought to do the Iranian revival, conquer a holy site in Najaf, move my capital there and declare myself the head of faith.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Started as Sigurdr, Jarl of Sjaeland.

The mongols were really strong for a while but with them having divided themselves into four i'm once again without rivals.

Pretty happy with the size of my empire at the moment but i'll likely take Rome and Constantinople to show the Christians what the dominant faith in Europe is.

Other that that ill do some achivements like having a culture with all inovations, have a fully upgraded duchy holding and and such, don't usually play long enough to do those.

Skärmbild (217).png

• 6Like
Reactions:
I'm the type to do 1-2 achievement runs every now and again, and then put away the game for a bit so...

Here's my Bod Chen Po run, which i completed within the lifetime of my initial character.

BE7A83B21D9A1ACDED3FE7260C88022403EC9D7C

Started out by stabbing my Brother/nephews in Ü (till i inherited) and was enough of a well-liked bully that i convinced most of my surroundings to peacefully vassalize as much as possible (high opinon, Intimidated/Terrified, powerful vassals loving me and later on True Ruler can carry a lot of milage), with my only two offensive wars being an early one against Katyuri For Lumbini (Quite possibly the most busted Holy Site with +15% lifestyle?), and ending up with a subjugation war against Guiyi to get the northeasternmost parts of the required area

• 4Like
Reactions:
1708102505620.png

My first "reform religion and feudalize" run with house Mazur. Behold Feudal Poland. I was planning to create an Intermarium, but as I was expanding toward the Black Sea, my vassal kings decided north and west were the best directions to expand instead...
You might see that I never made it to the Black Sea. I noticed the further east I go, the less developed the lands, so I stopped pushing east once I snagged the holy sites necessary to reform the faith (Slovianska Pravda, not sure on the spelling).

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I present: Normannia
Normannia 50.jpg

Started with a custom character in Prandheimr, formed Norway and reformed Asatru.
And then waged a Holy War for West-Francia.
Left Norway behind (Sadly it eventually fell to the catholics - recently reformed it with someone of my dynasty on the throne!) and slowly conquered the whole region of the Empire of Francia.
Could have founded it far earlier... but took my time letting all the duchies de-jure drift into West-Francia. Now Normannia only has one kingdom beneath it!

Overview over the world:
Normannia 53.jpg

The mongols haven't invaded the byzantines so far... let's see if they make it to central europe like back then in 2020 when I did my first games in CK3!
The Ummayyads founded Isbaniya, though Xenxir is a crusader kingdom.
I had 4 crusades so far against me and crushed them all!
The Abbasids exploded early on... and did a great comeback like 100 years prior to this screenshot... only to succumb to the mongols.
Britannia was also formed... but due to all the kingdoms in it having Tanestry Elective the new emperor was without own kingdom... and fell to a dissolution faction.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I present: NormanniaView attachment 1084658

Started with a custom character in Prandheimr, formed Norway and reformed Asatru.
And then waged a Holy War for West-Francia.
Left Norway behind (Sadly it eventually fell to the catholics - recently reformed it with someone of my dynasty on the throne!) and slowly conquered the whole region of the Empire of Francia.
Could have founded it far earlier... but took my time letting all the duchies de-jure drift into West-Francia. Now Normannia only has one kingdom beneath it!

Overview over the world:
View attachment 1084659
The mongols haven't invaded the byzantines so far... let's see if they make it to central europe like back then in 2020 when I did my first games in CK3!
The Ummayyads founded Isbaniya, though Xenxir is a crusader kingdom.
I had 4 crusades so far against me and crushed them all!
The Abbasids exploded early on... and did a great comeback like 100 years prior to this screenshot... only to succumb to the mongols.
Britannia was also formed... but due to all the kingdoms in it having Tanestry Elective the new emperor was without own kingdom... and fell to a dissolution faction.
Is it just me, or has the AI slowly gotten better at forming and holding realms? I remember for a while the AI basically couldn't hold together anything larger than a duchy for more than a generation or two.

Reactions:
Is it just me, or has the AI slowly gotten better at forming and holding realms? I remember for a while the AI basically couldn't hold together anything larger than a duchy for more than a generation or two.

It all started when pdox finally went away from that horrible "faction roulette" back in the 1.4 patches!
Half the forum was full with threads about factions overthrowing the ruler like 25 times in the span of 50 ingame years... glad those times are gone! And we got a "Realm stability" game rule as a bonus on top!

Recently pdox also lowered specific goals for the AI, like making it easier for the AI forming the HRE (they didn't in my actual game, but saw it twice already in other campaigns prior to this one!).
So finally, the players can actually witness at least some bigger realms and not the old "I want to be an independent count" mentally anymore. Cause it seems that the AI accepts vassalisation far more often if they are lower then kingdom rank (I guess that did let come the Abbasids back in my game before the mongols destroyed them again).

• 1Like
Reactions:
It all started when pdox finally went away from that horrible "faction roulette" back in the 1.4 patches!
Half the forum was full with threads about factions overthrowing the ruler like 25 times in the span of 50 ingame years... glad those times are gone! And we got a "Realm stability" game rule as a bonus on top!

Recently pdox also lowered specific goals for the AI, like making it easier for the AI forming the HRE (they didn't in my actual game, but saw it twice already in other campaigns prior to this one!).
So finally, the players can actually witness at least some bigger realms and not the old "I want to be an independent count" mentally anymore. Cause it seems that the AI accepts vassalisation far more often if they are lower then kingdom rank (I guess that did let come the Abbasids back in my game before the mongols destroyed them again).
I think also they made changes to the AI to stop it from obsessively hoarding gold at the cost of everything else. Like AI rulers would do nothing except hoard gold for decades but then never actually use it for anything.

Reactions:
I think also they made changes to the AI to stop it from obsessively hoarding gold at the cost of everything else. Like AI rulers would do nothing except hoard gold for decades but then never actually use it for anything.

What also helped was back then giving the AI the wish to actually have a full domain under their control. Meaning if a ruler could manage like 8 countries, they wouldn't just sit as a one county king there and go bankrupt!
Though it's a double sided sword, as they don't fabricate claims and rather forcefully revoke titles... which may lead into a civil war.

In addition to my empire post:
Sadly also Isbaniya imploded... had weak rulers without an own kingdom title. So spiraled out of control.
And the mongols collapsed, though I'm satisfied they are back to old strength and managed to conquer a lot. Have successor states in Sibiria with Golden Horde, Mongolia itself, Chagatai in Tataria and even a Khaganate in North Africa!
Il-Khanate in Arabia/Persia already collapsed... but the Abbasids are coming back a second time, already possessing 2 kingdoms.
Overall it is still nearly 200 years ingame time remaining, so I'm looking forward to see what will survive of the mongols eventually and who gets a comeback for an empire.
Though I doubt I see Isbaniya again (too scattered) and Britannia (Those Tanestry electives on the kingdoms there may be great in the early years, but mess everything up in late game... and the AI doesn't seem to remove them).

Reactions:
And I reached the end date:
Normannia 84.jpg

Normannia 85.jpgNormannia 86.jpgNormannia 87.jpgNormannia 88.jpg

I'm very satisfied, that aside from me and the 'purple endboss blobb' there are several empires on the map:
- Britannia came back, though it helped that kingdom of Scotland doesn't have Tanestry Elective, so the current emperor there has also his own kingdom and seems strong enough to keep the empire together despite having a big England in it
- Isbaniya (Hispania) also came back under the Umayyads, though they have a constant 'claimant roulette'... so even though I don't have the DLC, 'Spain is Pain' even in CK3.
- The Abbasids are back... with 2 arabian empires! At one point one of them did a custom empire with kingdoms of Arabaia, Yemen and Persia. Which made it easy for Egypt to form the original arabian empire.
- India has 2 empires with Bengal and Anahilapatakid (Rajastan). Going through their history, they seem stable enough against claimant factions, especially Bengal.
- The southern most Ghazi is Ajuuraan. Was former Abbasids with Zenghyi relgion of all things... though collapsed and got reformed by a maturidi Mongol...

Overall the world map leaves me satisfied as I can spin my own head canon how it would go from here:
- Normannia (myself), Britannia and Isbaniya would be the western colonisers and in a race for the new world.
- Central europe with the catholics even has some custom kingdoms and would slowly loose influence over time (especially as I already crushed 8 crusades of them!)
- Byzantium already had russian Tsars as emperors, so head canon here would be a strong orthodox state covering all of the balkans, anatolia and east europe.
- The Arabs stay strong for now, though if the Abbasids don't unify under one banner, the middle east would also loose influence over time.
- India stays strong and independent from eventually colonisers. Maybe Bengal unifies all of India?
- West Africa has a reformed Orisan religion, so I have it their kingdoms will stay strong and not succumb to the colonisers. Maybe them and Ajuuraan colonies africa themselves? Bonus points for having a kingdom there with a ruler of my dynasty!
- Norway finally became strong again (obviously with my help!), so they may either opt also for a bit of colonizing or they may unify all of Scandinavia under the Asatru faith!

It was a nice ride and it defenately is satisfying to see not only strong kingdoms but also empires arise! Of course it went a-historical, which I even love. But now it also 'makes sense' in like the scenario could be a starting point for EU IV!

That's it so far.
Most likely will now do a playthrough in Persia finally. See how the Seljuk invasion goes and eventually fight the mongols from there!

PS:
My reformed Asatru faith
Normannia 03.jpg

• 2Love
Reactions:
Capture d’écran.png

Reclaim the true Roman Empire !
I started in 867 as Count of Santiago de Compostela in Spain (Galicia). I first reconquered Spain and formed the Hispanic Empire, then slowly made my way into Africa along the Maghreb. Finally, through a good marriage, I reclaimed the Byzantine Empire and ended up taking back Italy!
Fun fact: I started out Catholic in Spain, then became Orthodox with the conquest of Constantinople, so Europe and the Roman Empire are Orthodox!
And I did this in multiplayer, while my friends played Aquitaine, Alsace (a sort of Germanic empire) and the kingdom of Corsica and Sardinia. Two of them agreed to become my vassals when I became the Roman Empire, and I preserved the independence of France (Aquitaine).
And now we're in 1009, and it's been 60 years since I reformed the Roman Empire.

• 4Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
00C7E0C0514E956F603C3412D07F3152328B7FED

This run is almost silly, Started at Suri of Ghurid as an oddball choice for Iranian Revival, and managed to get it within my characters lifetime (got Athletic, Venator Hunter t1, Whole of Body and an artifact giving me small boost, and quite the load of resistances, so even in spite of being 77 my character health is at Fine)

Started out by becoming vassal of Samarids, so i could claim and conquer Bamian without them getting involved (between Buddha's of Bamyan and the gold mine in Panjhir, it's a very strong country to sit on) and while doing so provoked a Dissolution war, so i was Independent again shortly after. Afterwards i became a vassel of Tahirids, but unfortunately i couldn't conquer the throne from within before the ruler blackmailed me into a strong hook, so i sat some 15 years, expanding from within while trying to distabilize them into toppling the Shah (and largely not succeeding, must be said, although it never quite bit me in my arse). Finally in 896 he croaked, and i quickly claimed the throne as i had twice the army than the rest of the nation combined, and followed up by conquering any and all non-iranian heritage involved/interloping in the Intermezzo whenever it was in Unrest, and towards the Buddhist holy sites whenever it was in Stabilization (Subjugating Dehli, which looking at the map appearently got partially reinherited out of my realm since last i looked), and recently as a last hurrah of achieving enough Iranian heritage rulers, ran a invasion war on Mesopotania, after stabbing the caliph so it was his 12 year old son that took over.

Against usual style for me, I'm not quite done since i got my eyes set on Darius' Revival as well, so while i consolidate, I'm going to be looking into options to splinter and conquer even further in that direction.

And not going for Rise of the Ghorids, since i did that some two years ago

• 2Like
Reactions:
My finished zoroastrian Persia run:
Persia 66.jpg

Persia 67.jpgPersia 68.jpgPersia 69.jpgPersia 70.jpg

Well, interesting run, got to experience the new Clan mechanics, which I find overall interesting. Though keeping the house on harmonious while your Dynasty grows to over 500 members in late game is... "tough" to say the least!

But, off to the overview:
- I really liked to see the Holy Roman Empire! Man, finally the AI can form it and even hold it together!!! Just love that.
- For a change of pace, the crusaders were actually (very) successful. They retook not only Spain, but also North Africa and even Jerusalem including Arabia!
- On the other, with me retaking Persia and all the successful crusades, the muslim world is shattered to some remnants in southern India and Mongolia.
- Super Thicc Mali with a reformed african faith.
- Golden Horde and Chagatai survived after the collaps of the Mongols cause of me. Them taking on my on zoroastrian faith made me ally them and keep them alive. Which was a hard task fighting three wars for Chagatai with my Men-at-Arms in the himalayas, sending my "death stack of levies" to help the Golden Horde vs the Holy Roman Empire and also getting called in from my dynasty member in east India... Micromanagement hell isn't even close...

Spinning this timeline forwards, I would suspect the following:
- My Persia is the leading in innovation. Got max development and all innovations around 200 years earlier then this screenshots. So I would be the richest, trading with India, while also bringing "civilization" to my religious sisters in the steppe. Also with their help trading with China via the "silk road". When sea trade ramps up, I see Persia dominating it together with India for the trade with China, maybe Persia even colonizes Indonesia.
- I see the Golden Horde taking Russias place in the north, even reaching the pacific, while Chagatai gets central Asia together with Sinkiang and tibet. Both would be dependant on my dynasty for development, but also profit massively from it.
- The Byzantines are strong, but not totally overpowered (Could be my fault "bullying" them a few times and even handing out the caucasus kingdoms to indian rulers...). They have a high rate of claimant factions, so overall I see them slowly declining. A bit like "Austria-Hungary".
- The HRE is very strong. Heck, at one point they even had Poland and Lithuania inside their realm! I see them under their saxon emperors striving to unite the catholic world in central and eastern europe, forming one hell of a strong and pious state!
- England didn't form an empire, but they are strong, so I see them at the forefront in north american colonization. Alongside with them are some othe minor catholic kingdoms, as Anglo-Saxons landed on quite some of the thrones won by crusades!
- Mali will definately colonize South America, I even guess uncontested! They may even reach out for South Africa and establishing sea trade routes with me and India and possibly China.

It was a fun ride, though sometimes in late game keeping Golden Horde and Chagatai alive was Micromanagement hell.
Next goal of me will either be trying after a long time a second play in south Italy with the muslim start their and recreate my "sicilian muslim mafia" run from the early days of CK3. Or I try to unify all of India under one empire!

Cheers, ali.

PS:
My own created zoroastrian faith
Persia 04.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
One founded, two to go to unite all of India: My Bengal Empire.
20240313165323_1.jpg

And the "biggest empire" I've ever seen ingame ;)
20240313134530_1.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I united India:
20240315103529_1.jpg

20240315103549_1.jpg20240315103557_1.jpg20240315103626_1.jpg20240315103645_1.jpg

Now to wait for the mongols and see if they take a sidetour towards me.

• 3Like
Reactions:
1712077722212.png

I'm playing Croatia, currently married to the Queen of France, so my heir will inherit all of that too.

Started as Domagon I in the Duchy of Croatia, plan was to form the Kingdom of Croatia and then see what was happening. I had vauge notions of uniting Italy using a Croat to start but didn't really mind too much.

My Grandson Domagon II, was the first King of Croatia and married the heiress to the Duchy of Friuli (Italy, Lothereringia, Bavaria, and East Francia had all blown up at this point), which also owned the duchies of Istria, Krain, Tyrol, Verona and Augsburg. By the time these duchies came under the crown of Croatia, the pagans in Serbia had also been eradicated and the southern border with Bulgaria and the Romans had also been established.

After this point, most of my land gain was diplomatic. All of Burgundy and Bavaria was diplomatically vassalised. The Bonifazi dukes of Tuscany, in 867 start, had formed the Kingdom of Sardinia, holding Tuscany and Spoleto under it, I once again married the heiress and got the titles. Languedoc is currently at war with my wife, but will accept vassalage soon, and once I have them I can easily get Barcelona.

Once my son inherits, I plan on forming the HRE and then destroying all of the kingdoms but Croatia. After that, I might try uniting the South Slavs, but I'm not sure.

Oh yes, and I formed the Dalmat culture, a hybrid of Croatian and Lombard which has taken over all Croatian and Lombard regions. So now the North Italians and ethnically South Slavic.

1712078839841.png
1712078863262.png

• 3Like
Reactions: