• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
UPDATE:
I did it! India is formed, and Bhadra II "Son of the Vinyakas" is the new Samrat Chakravartin. This moment of glory wasn't meant to last long, however.
After all he did for the people of India, the great leader was murdered, IN COLD BLOOD, by his subjects.
Is this what justice is??

Attachments

• 20200331110341_1.jpg
    20200331110341_1.jpg
    738,6 KB · Views: 86
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So, I've decided to go back to CK2 (I have been doing a multiplayer game with friends for more than a year - started in 769, we're currently in ca 1060 - and all of a sudden I started craving more CK2). I've started 7 ironmen, all with different start dates: 867, 936, 1066 (William the Conqueror bookmark), 1081, 1187, 1241, 1337.
Religion split is pretty good: two of these are as a catholic, two as a sunni, two as pagans (but I don't plan to reform - in fact pagan reformation is disabled in one of those) and one as a buddhist.

I've finished the 1241 one, which was awesome (I'm going to try to AAR this) and because I liked it I decided to also quickly wrap up the 1337 playthrough, which went quickly but was still fun. It's more of a kingdom than an Empire, but I'll post it here regardless. (starting in 1337, it's hard to build a huge empire - not a lot of time, a lot of well established kingdoms).

Started as the count of Vienne, Ubert de la Tour du Pin. One county, vassal of Savoy (in the middle of France and the HRE). And I can present you....

The Kingdom of Arles and the wider HRE in 1453 (and yes, Denmark is part of the HRE - note that Italy isn't). The Kingdom of Arles (bottom left, granate color) is part of the HRE, as it should be. Note that the king of Arles is also duke of Silesia, hence the granate part near Poland. Arles is one of the Emperor's most important vassals (upon exporting to EU4, Arles is elector).

To get there, I first rebelled against the duke of Savoy to join the kingdom of France, who in 1337 owns the last 3 counties of Dauphiné (the de jure duchy of Vienne). I then quickly fabricated claims and invaded the counties of Lyon and Vivarais.... but these two counties are owned by bishops in 1337, so because of their church capital they were worthless to me ! And then drama, soon before I won the war against Vivarais, the king of France created the duchy of Dauphiné and gave it to the count of Forez (a vassal of Burgundy at the start). The count of Forez also owns a barony in Lyon, so my new liege was decently powerful compared to me, who owned two useless bishoprics. The end of the reign of my starting character and my second character's reign were.... uneasy, and then came this guy:

This guy single-handedly made the kingdom of Arles. With him, I managed to claim the duchy of Dauphiné AND the county of Forez as my owns, leaving the former dukes of Dauphiné to rot in their last barony. Then, thanks to his absurd intrigue I murdered the king of France so that the king's young son would inherit. The king of France having created the kingdom of Arles (notably thanks to my conquest of half of Savoy in an unremarkable war), I decided to plot to claim it but I screwed up (didn't know you had to go trigger a decision in the intrigue panel - yes, I'm dumb). So I murdered the new king of France as he started to approach adulthood, getting caught in the process but who cares about general opinion ? In the meanwhile I had gone crusading because at the first crusade I had said "yes yes, I'll go" without going to the Pope, who excommunicated me in return. So I decided to actually go this time and conquer a barony - except the crusade was successful, leaving one of my dynasty member as a duke in the newly catholic kingdom of Maghreb (had the option to play as him but declined) and seemingly gaining a lot of gold from this (though the assassination of a couple barons, so I could inherit their baronies and Lyon and Vivarais became counties with a proper barony as capital, might've helped me gain gold too).
With this gold, and the willingness of the Pope to give me a claim on the duchy of Provence, I went to war with Naples and overwhelmed them with mercs. Now rather powerful, I decided it was time for me to join the more decentralised HRE, so I set up an independance faction thinking that the new, young and weak king of France would not oppose me. He foolishly did, but again mercs stacks took care of him. So then I joined the HRE, having enough lands to usurp the kingdom of Arles and being crowned by the Pope. This character did not enjoy it for long, dying 2 years into his reign while trying to forge a bloodline, and his mediocre successor (who is the character with whom I finished the game) ascended to the throne, crowned by the Pope too. Not much to report since, outside of a war with Switzerland to gain control of the rest of Savoy.

The outside world in 1453. Maghreb, Jerusalem, Arabia and Egypt are catholics. Maghreb, Arabia and Egypt, thanks to regular crusades. Jerusalem was established by the children's crusade - in all of its events I decided to give him as much support as I could, because I found it fun. Except for the last one, where he asked for me to join his war to establish Jerusalem. Then I merely prayed for his success - but it looks like it was enough ! The king went cathar later in his life, but he died before spreading it much and his son is a regular catholic (a cathar Jerusalem would've been fun, though). The muslims mostly survive in India and Mali, outside of a couple emirates in Northern Africa - the Ilkhanate (still here as the green Persian blob) went buddhist. Ireland exists because England created it and lost it. Now the Plantagenets only own Ireland, while the crown of England went to the de Barcelona and later to another catalan dynasty. The king of Egypt is also married to my daughter and heir, so that would make for an interesting future

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Little stories like that are my favourite kind of post in this forum. :)
Thank you very much :) I've now been told that there used to be 1-post AARs in the AAR forum, so I'm a bit sad to not have AAR'd that playthrough. Eh, well, I guess this post has all the information required.

If you're interested, I've gone ahead and started AARing my 1241 playthrough, which you can find her: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ynasty-which-wouldnt-die-a-zengi-aar.1372057/
(sorry for the shameless advertisement :D)

ck2_52.png

Not an Empire yet, only your regular Norse Merchant Most Serene Republic of Denmark at the morning of the day from which onward it shall be known as the Deccan Empire Norse Merchant Republic.

On a related note, if you have a nation at both Oceans, Grant independence to the dudes on one Ocean, if you want the original Merchant Republic feeling. My Patricians spawned in good old Denmark and never build any Trade ports (because each republic is only allowed in one ocean for stupid reasons yet, they don't want to build posts to far from their holdings (or do they have an own diplomatic range independent from that of the realm?)

1588215377760.png

I started this game as a meme, to make an Empire of Chud. But I came to really appreciate the bloodthirsty madman who wiped out whole civilizations in his quest. And so, I settled on his beginnings for when I finally settled the khagan.

He was Tengri, but had the perfect opportunity to convert to Suomenusko and control all five holy sites, so he took it and turned the religion into a bloodthirsty, unrelenting faith that answered directly to him. There are still a few Russians... in a few places... outside his lands...

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
My second real campaign after the typical Ireland walk-through. 867, Ironman, with defensive pacts on. Started as Doux Elias Rachites of Calabria, vassal of the Byzantine emperor, and climbed all the way to the imperial office, which I held for more than 400 years. Restored the Roman Empire, mended the Great Schism as Orthodox, restored the imperial borders and reached a realm size of 3,905. Focused heavily on my dynasty, which ended with 10,424 members, of whom 2,115 were alive on 31 December 1452, and 25,368 dynasty prestige points.

CKII63.png

CKII69.png

CKII52.png

CKII62.png

• 7Like
Reactions:
I kind of accidentally took over most of the Mediterranean world in 25 years...

The first pic is my Amalfi run in 1060. In 1075, I finally managed to reach empire-tier. The second picture is the Principality of Italia in 1099. Um... oops?

ck2_1.png

ck2_6.png

Really, my goal was just to control all trade in the Mediterranean, and as much of the coastline as I could. I'd been struggling with my vassal limit beacuse I was so scattered all over the place. Once empire-tier, I could press kingdom-level claims, so I figured I'd take Egypt and Burgundy for their coastlines. Then Lotharingia had a few counties I wanted, and the guy whose claim I'd pressed for Burgundy also had a claim for Lotharingia, so I figured why not take it all in one war instead of waiting for the truce timer. And after that war, well, my armies were all up north, so why not take West Francia and Breizh on my way down to Aquitaine, right? And then Bulgaria just sort of happened in between fights with the BE... It wasn't my fault, it just snowballed!

Oh, and the trade zone:

ck2_8.png

"Serbia" is Ragusa, still a vassal of the BE. All the other colors are owned by either patricians in Amalfi, or my vassal-of-a-vassal Genoa.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I kind of accidentally took over most of the Mediterranean world in 25 years...

The first pic is my Amalfi run in 1060. In 1075, I finally managed to reach empire-tier. The second picture is the Principality of Italia in 1099. Um... oops?

View attachment 584069

View attachment 584070

Really, my goal was just to control all trade in the Mediterranean, and as much of the coastline as I could. I'd been struggling with my vassal limit beacuse I was so scattered all over the place. Once empire-tier, I could press kingdom-level claims, so I figured I'd take Egypt and Burgundy for their coastlines. Then Lotharingia had a few counties I wanted, and the guy whose claim I'd pressed for Burgundy also had a claim for Lotharingia, so I figured why not take it all in one war instead of waiting for the truce timer. And after that war, well, my armies were all up north, so why not take West Francia and Breizh on my way down to Aquitaine, right? And then Bulgaria just sort of happened in between fights with the BE... It wasn't my fault, it just snowballed!

Oh, and the trade zone:

View attachment 584072

"Serbia" is Ragusa, still a vassal of the BE. All the other colors are owned by either patricians in Amalfi, or my vassal-of-a-vassal Genoa.

Damn, that trade zone tho.

1591102339490.png

Culture conversion is at its default settings?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Basilissa Hypatia of the Kourtesios family founds the Myrmidens Empire in the year 2083. Between The Borderlands and The Badlands, with its capital at Myrmidens in the Black Gulf.
Mod: Warhammer Geheimnisnacht

20200604133134_1.jpg

20200604133140_1.jpg

20200604133145_1.jpg

20200604133201_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20200604133134_1.jpg
    20200604133134_1.jpg
    714,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Behold the Tocharian Empire of Turan!

Charlemagne start, all main DLC (except Sunset Invasion), no mods.

Started as a two-provinces Tocharian Buddhist Count, I swore fealty to the Kashgar (later Kasake) Duchy, then I got promoted to Duke after the previous one died in an "accident".

Then I conquered the Khotan Duchy and got enough provinces to form the Khotan Kingdom (or Ytarimypoy, as called by Tocharians). Meanwhile I became a Chinese Tributary, which helped me to at least not being attacked by China and earning Grace for Strategists and Engineers (and some Imperial Marriages)

I waged war to the nomads to get territories from Transoxania and Zhetysu (having many daughters to marry, even if they were bastards, helped a lot for making alliance with other kingdoms). I also used the Grace I stocked to call a few Chinese Invasions to destroy Tibet, which became too dangerous for my plans.

Then when I finally formed the empire, almost all my neighbors converted to Hindu, making impossible for me to call Holy War CBs. So, due to Khotan being a Bon holy site, I converted to Bon and reformed it around 1200 AD, reviving a religion which in game was pratically annihilated at that point. I also stopped to be a Chinese tributary and after a few GHW I conquered many territories from the Indian region.

I also created two level 4 Great Works (Fortress and University), two level 3 GW (Library and Garden) and other two level 2 GW (Royal Palace and Undergroud City)
ck2_1.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Behold the Tocharian Empire of Turan!

Charlemagne start, all main DLC (except Sunset Invasion), no mods.

Started as a two-provinces Tocharian Buddhist Count, I swore fealty to the Kashgar (later Kasake) Duchy, then I got promoted to Duke after the previous one died in an "accident".

Then I conquered the Khotan Duchy and got enough provinces to form the Khotan Kingdom (or Ytarimypoy, as called by Tocharians). Meanwhile I became a Chinese Tributary, which helped me to at least not being attacked by China and earning Grace for Strategists and Engineers (and some Imperial Marriages)

I waged war to the nomads to get territories from Transoxania and Zhetysu (having many daughters to marry, even if they were bastards, helped a lot for making alliance with other kingdoms). I also used the Grace I stocked to call a few Chinese Invasions to destroy Tibet, which became too dangerous for my plans.

Then when I finally formed the empire, almost all my neighbors converted to Hindu, making impossible for me to call Holy War CBs. So, due to Khotan being a Bon holy site, I converted to Bon and reformed it around 1200 AD, reviving a religion which in game was pratically annihilated at that point. I also stopped to be a Chinese tributary and after a few GHW I conquered many territories from the Indian region.

I also created two level 4 Great Works (Fortress and University), two level 3 GW (Library and Garden) and other two level 2 GW (Royal Palace and Undergroud City)View attachment 592171
Dat Croatia :D

Went for the White Hun achievement. I may have gone a little overboard...

20200707153725_1.jpg

Had to fight china to get the last few counties, which delayed everything by at least a century lol. Last time I went for this achievement I was too late and the mongols subjugated my entire empire in one war because apparently they can do that.

Meanwhile in Europe...idek man
20200707154851_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: