• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This was two years and a half ago. I´ve been trying to reproduce it again, but it´s hard to survive as asturias the first 50-100 years. Love the new bloodline feature. Bring more flavour to the game.

D45D97AB7EE3F8F68ADFF18E2EFD60E1BA621781
Two years and a half, and there's the societies icon from Monks and Mystics.

Has it seriously already been over two years since Monks and Mystics came out?

20200113091314_1.jpg 20200113091349_1.jpg 20200113091532_1.jpg 20200113091537_1.jpg 20200113091543_1.jpg 20200113091546_1.jpg

So Im coming to the end of my first complete run after a long hiatus and thought I might as well post it. This was a Haraldr Fairhair run with no mods, Ironman and achievements enabled. My goal setting out was to conquer all the lands around the North sea and Baltic and making sure I had all five norse holy sites, Bohemia and Poland were both late game aquisitions because I did not like how big my neighbor Bulgaria was getting. Almost as important I wanted to ensure I had clean external and internal borders while also maintaining complete control over my vassals, so I utilized grand duchy viceroyalties made up of 2-3 duchies each and kept all king tier titles for myself. In total Im finishing the game with 3 empire titles (2 titular), 21 kingdom titles (2 titular), 3 duchy titles (including the fylkirite), 6 county titles, and 4 baronies. I managed to max out the number of holdings in all six of my counties and opted for the 4 baronies in my capital for the huge levies (just over 50k from that one province).

As far as bloodlines go Im ending the game with 11, I grabbed the four historical norse ones before reforming the faith, got 5 from the warrior lodge legendary journies, 1 from the ambition, and managed to get the blood of Alexander which ended up costing me a ton of prestige lol. As far as reforming the faith I decided to go with Proselytizing/ Stability/ Agnatic Clans/ Temporal which after starting and quiting a few games learning the new mechanics Ive settled on being my favorite reformation. The one downside is that agnatic clans locks you out of matrilineal marriages so if you want to breed for bloodlines you have to do it before you reform. As far as artifacts went I aquired and horded quite a few and am ending the game with 55 some highlights included Mjolnir, Andvaranaut, Gjallahorn, Dragon Amulet, and the best ones I could craft. For books equipped I currently have A treatise on fishing with an angle, the odyssey, keeping feudal court, and the lost astronomy book from the library. For great works I focused on building one in each of my personal counties first, then repaired stonehenge, and in the late game Ive basically just been building them wherever to get rid of some cash, these ones will not finish before the end of the game.

All in all Ive got to say I love the new features and will definitely be playing more after this one is finished

So Im coming to the end of my first complete run after a long hiatus and thought I might as well post it. This was a Haraldr Fairhair run with no mods, Ironman and achievements enabled. My goal setting out was to conquer all the lands around the North sea and Baltic and making sure I had all five norse holy sites, Bohemia and Poland were both late game aquisitions because I did not like how big my neighbor Bulgaria was getting. Almost as important I wanted to ensure I had clean external and internal borders while also maintaining complete control over my vassals, so I utilized grand duchy viceroyalties made up of 2-3 duchies each and kept all king tier titles for myself. In total Im finishing the game with 3 empire titles (2 titular), 21 kingdom titles (2 titular), 3 duchy titles (including the fylkirite), 6 county titles, and 4 baronies. I managed to max out the number of holdings in all six of my counties and opted for the 4 baronies in my capital for the huge levies (just over 50k from that one province).

As far as bloodlines go Im ending the game with 11, I grabbed the four historical norse ones before reforming the faith, got 5 from the warrior lodge legendary journies, 1 from the ambition, and managed to get the blood of Alexander which ended up costing me a ton of prestige lol. As far as reforming the faith I decided to go with Proselytizing/ Stability/ Agnatic Clans/ Temporal which after starting and quiting a few games learning the new mechanics Ive settled on being my favorite reformation. The one downside is that agnatic clans locks you out of matrilineal marriages so if you want to breed for bloodlines you have to do it before you reform. As far as artifacts went I aquired and horded quite a few and am ending the game with 55 some highlights included Mjolnir, Andvaranaut, Gjallahorn, Dragon Amulet, and the best ones I could craft. For books equipped I currently have A treatise on fishing with an angle, the odyssey, keeping feudal court, and the lost astronomy book from the library. For great works I focused on building one in each of my personal counties first, then repaired stonehenge, and in the late game Ive basically just been building them wherever to get rid of some cash, these ones will not finish before the end of the game.

All in all Ive got to say I love the new features and will definitely be playing more after this one is finished
Those are very lovely borders.
What are / how did you acquire your titular Empire titles?

Just how do you possibly achieve that in a single year? I don't even know where to start asking questions about how this is possible.
I invited Bulgaria's heir, made him a vassal king, and plot murdered his father. I used Nomadic Subjugation CB on Byzantine. Most of other areas I used combination of forced external inheritance + granting counties to non-nomadic courtiers + equality doctrine. (Explained in length in my other posts), and then when I had enough counties to create or usurp kingdom titles, I did and offered vassalization to remaining realms in that area.

One of my First real games in CK2, started as 1066 Dunkeld Scotland and slowly moved up from there. Most intresting thing is that the Irish practically took over my empire before I was even going into France but they caused no trouble, And now im slowly improving my technology and crusading against various people to spread my dynasty. Planning on porting to EU4 allthough i legit have the game with no expansions. Suprisingly not a lot of bordergore, well atleast before the mongols broke. we dont talk about the middle east.
ck2_5.png

2 years and a half later i completed another run. This time it was called the empire of asturias. Most of the Kings/Queens were dominican or in the benedictine order except the last four, due to the magnum opus. i managed to converge....7 o 8 bloodlines, don´t remember exactly. Funny as hell, i almost screwed in the last 30 years due to a hangover, was clicking without reading...Anyway, very happy, but it´s a pity i couldn´t have all the iberian peninsula in my realm. This time, however, i conquered more counties of the south african domains, I managed to "steal" a lot of the domains of the france empire and some of the byzantium empire on the iberian peninsula, so the "diplomatic" game was more interesting, balancing between both while conquering parts of them on the iberian peninsula.

It costed me 5 or 6 attempts, one of them included a new empire created after being the first with an old queen on a crusade over byzantium...couldn´t manage to change the inheritance laws in time, so i decided to start again.

For a brief moment i almost managed to unite under the same flag Asturias, Francia and the mongol Empire, but my heir coudln´t hold the Francia Empire due a revolution to depose here while i was reigning in Asturias, and her son was the heir of the Mongol Empire. Dreamed about it and lost in in a 10 years ingame frame. Dammit....

4CC8C8A52A8B31C55FDACE2B1E325A6ABC5C1A74

I impressed myself today :cool: (sung to the tune of Hurt).

I got two achievements in this game, one I was going for (forming Israel), and one I had no idea existed: Prester John

I want to share how I did it (I'm not an amazing player so I'm happy with the results so far, I haven't finished yet).

I started as the crusader kingdom around the third crusader bookmark (I added or removed a few years to try to get the easiest enemies around me). The first thing I was worrying about was the inevitable Jihad, that happened about 2 weeks into the start date. Luckily it was only around 15k~ troops and France (for once) actually came to help me so I had around 20k by the time the war ended. I then decided to give out some land because of my stupidly small demense limit (bad character) and due to the piety from defensive jihad I secretly converted to Jewish and set about converting some provinces to that religeon also. I was then incredibly lucky to get a crusade happen while i was waring with Demascus, so Instead of converting straight away, I donated some money to the crusade and played the system a bit by claming all of the land as mine and as soon as the crusade started quickly took some main land to be the best crusader. This is how I got the Prester John achievement (I was the best crusader) and all of the land. It was then a matter or openly accepting my faith and doing the decisions. Now everyone hates me so I have to weed out my vassals and courtiers but I think it's up and up from here!

fWVLf19.png

TWLiIkt.png

I also want to add some other images to show why I love CK2 (from various different games):

BRTYhip.png

The first time I actually beat the Normans and Norway as Harold Godwinson, his son and my fat current ruler died making love to his fat wife, I love the dedication!

Fy5WIjC.png

In this game I was playing as India, so I was supprised when the pope declared a crusade so early and against France! The King of Aquitaine converted to Islam for some reason. Also, England managed to fend of the Vikings through a revolt leader and his name was "the Liberator" and he became the first King of England, really cool.

And finally:

fDmNQbo.png

Getting "the outside bet" was supprisingly easy! I had a few alliances with Castile and France, waited for Normandy to win (it's always in my games Normandy beats England then Norway beats Normandy), then sieged down Middlesex and other provinces until I won, and finally used my allies (who again supprisingly did their jobs) to beat back Norway and settled out for white peace since I was only there for the achievement and didn't want to go to Scandinavia to siege his provinces.

Thanks for reading!

They said the White Huns were gone.
After the collapse of the great Hephthalite Empire, which stretched from the rivers of Mesopotamia to the Rajputs of India, it was thought that the Hunas would never rise again. The Pratihara ruled the expanse of northern India, and all that was left of the Hephthalite legacy was an irrelevant county north of Gujarat (Mohadavasaka), who paid homage to their Rajput overlords.
Fortunately for the descendants of the Masters of the Steppe, this wasn't meant to be.
Through diplomatic maneuvering (and some collaboration with the Hashashin), the Hunas of India took out each of their rivals one by one. Eventually, following the defeat of the Tibetan Empire and the Great Dragon of the East, the Hephthalite Empire took its rightful place on the world stage.
Currently, the servants of the Shahanshah are finishing off the last of Tibetan resistance in India, whilst also steamrolling through the Muslim world.
It's worth mentioning that two merchant republics, Sindh and Oman, provided a lot of the fuel for me to fund this whole thing. I've also adopted Imperial Administration, given women full status, and maintained primogeniture succession. I'm proud to have done this without changing my culture for the subjugation CB.
(Also, yes, I did modify the coat of arms for my dynasty).
This game was on Ironman mode

Attachments

• ck2_43.png
    ck2_43.png
    3,3 MB · Views: 197
  • ck2_map_5.png
    ck2_map_5.png
    117,8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
After the collapse of the great Hephthalite Empire, which stretched from the rivers of Mesopotamia to the Rajputs of India, it was thought that the Hunas would never rise again. The Pratihara ruled the expanse of northern India, and all that was left of the Hephthalite legacy was an irrelevant county north of Gujarat (Mohadavasaka), who paid homage to their Rajput overlords.
Fortunately for the descendants of the Masters of the Steppe, this wasn't meant to be.
Through diplomatic maneuvering (and some collaboration with the Hashashin), the Hunas of India took out each of their rivals one by one. Eventually, following the defeat of the Tibetan Empire and the Great Dragon of the East, the Hephthalite Empire took its rightful place on the world stage.
Currently, the servants of the Shahanshah are finishing off the last of Tibetan resistance in India, whilst also steamrolling through the Muslim world.
It's worth mentioning that two merchant republics, Sindh and Oman, provided a lot of the fuel for me to fund this whole thing. I've also adopted Imperial Administration, given women full status, and maintained primogeniture succession. I'm proud to have done this without changing my culture for the subjugation CB.
I love what you did, it is awesome, but I thought you might like to know, the Saka are Scythians. So that would mean that, rather than making the Hephthalite Empire, you actually remade, and expanded on, the much cooler Indo-Scythian kingdom.

Nice, I tried the same thing with pretty much the same approach (the Hashashin are invaluable to small rulers). Unfortunately my heir came out as Shia (we had been secretly shia until then) so he lost his caste. Do you know how to get it back?

Anyway, my game prematurely ended due to a Chinese invasion but I'm probably going to try again some day. Congrats to you.

Nice, I tried the same thing with pretty much the same approach (the Hashashin are invaluable to small rulers). Unfortunately my heir came out as Shia (we had been secretly shia until then) so he lost his caste. Do you know how to get it back?

There is an (expensive) intrigue decision that allows a Hindu ruler without a caste to declare themselves to be kshatriya.

I love what you did, it is awesome, but I thought you might like to know, the Saka are Scythians. So that would mean that, rather than making the Hephthalite Empire, you actually remade, and expanded on, the much cooler Indo-Scythian kingdom.
I like to think it’s something similar to how the Byzantines identify themselves; even if they’re culturally something different, they like to be tied to a prestigious empire that ruled most of Central Asia. But obviously Indo-Scythians are badass as they are.