• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ongoing co-operative game:
NhWZbZC.jpg
c6EIZHV.jpg

We started in TOG and are currently at 1038.
What did you all start as?

What did you all start as?
I started as the Umayyads, the player in North Africa started as the Aghlabids. The third player got a trade republic in Socotra set up for him after another player (who started in Oman) jumped ship and we asked him to join.

I'm also the only one of us who's not a Caliph at the moment - still waiting for the Abbasids to finally be wiped off the map.

Reactions:
Went back to my Ireland game. This is Sechnassach mac Conchobar Mac Gabraín the Troubadour, Emperor of Alba, High King of Ireland and Scotland, and King Consort of Bulgaria. In addition to Britain, I control all of Spain except Navarra and Barcelona (which is part of Aquitaine), Brittany (which is now the Most Serene Republic of Bhriotain), Germany, Frisia, Lithuania, Lesser Poland, and Norway. I have also vassalized the Knights of Calatrava, the Teutonic Order, and the Papacy (my half-brother Bruatur, formerly the Prince-Archbishop of Laigin, is now Pope Victor III the Usurper).

Catholicism has made major inroads into the east: Pannonia, Danmark, and one of the little tinpot chiefs in Sweden are all Catholics (the latter to fend off a holy war by the Irish Viceroy of Iorua (k_norway). There's a Lollard King of Bohemia but nobody pays him any attention.
20160810231445_1.jpg

Also, the Middle East is an absolute mess right now; losing the First Crusade for Andalusia hurt the Sunnis bad. Coptic Abyssinia is expanding in Yemen and Sudan, the Indians are pushing west, Persia is controlled by the Shi'a Nizamid Caliphate, and the Abbasids have been reduced to one independent county in Baluchistan. Meanwhile the Sunni Caliphate was actually destroyed because the caliph was completely unlanded somehow. The Arabian Empire is now controlled by a fully secular dynasty, the Muzaraffadins, and their vassal the Hashemid Emir of Mecca later recreated the caliphate.

Also the Byzzies expanded south into Jerusalem by holy war, but then apparently got hit by an independence revolt because the Duchy of Jerusalem is now independent.
20160810231503_1.jpg

Reactions:
My kingdom of Sweden, started by Eric the Heathen. My capital is indeed the Danish duchy of Sjælland. I also control all of Finland, and am busy cutting Norway in half. Preparing for an Empire, and the reformation of the Norse faith. Fortunately, I have to tread very carefully, lest I wake up the Holy Roman Empire.
Further in the world, the Lietuva has reformed the Romuva faith, that was quite the surprise. It's surrounded by Orthodox, but somehow managed to hold on. Still tribal, but highly upgraded tribes, so they will probably turn Feudal soon. To the east is a massive kingdom of Perm, who are unreformed Suomenusko
And the Mongols have just shown up, so that should stir up the Muslim/Orthodox steppe
BczF5Dy.jpg

Reactions:
My kingdom of Sweden, started by Eric the Heathen. My capital is indeed the Danish duchy of Sjælland. I also control all of Finland, and am busy cutting Norway in half. Preparing for an Empire, and the reformation of the Norse faith. Fortunately, I have to tread very carefully, lest I wake up the Holy Roman Empire.
Further in the world, the Lietuva has reformed the Romuva faith, that was quite the surprise. It's surrounded by Orthodox, but somehow managed to hold on. Still tribal, but highly upgraded tribes, so they will probably turn Feudal soon. To the east is a massive kingdom of Perm, who are unreformed Suomenusko
And the Mongols have just shown up, so that should stir up the Muslim/Orthodox steppe
BczF5Dy.jpg
Are you going to conquer the rest of Denmark and Norway to form Scandinavia?

Yes, but at 1 county at a time, it's going to take a while. And I always run the risk of drawing in the HRE, so I can't go to fast.
And I can't just take half and usurp it, because they are a different religion.

Also no rush.
Try to sack their capitals and kidnap a woman with a claim whom you can turn into a concubine. Then get him nominated as your heir.

Also, just steal the holy sites for now so you can reform and go feudal to dump elective gavelkind. Worry about the Empire of Scandinavia later.

Try to sack their capitals and kidnap a woman with a claim whom you can turn into a concubine. Then get him nominated as your heir.

Also, just steal the holy sites for now so you can reform and go feudal to dump elective gavelkind. Worry about the Empire of Scandinavia later.
I started as Eric the Heathen, who is Feudal. So I already have regular Gavelkind (most of Finland is already drifted into Sweden, so long I have it). So no problem there.
I guess I could try to push for such a claim and subjugate them though.

As for reforming, with HIP you need at least 4 holy sites. That means either England or HRE. The HRE has 10k more troops. I roughly match England, but that's without the bonus they'll get from defending against infidels, and like, 5 holy orders.

The start of my 1066 Premyslid game is going very well.

FmNuTwa.png

Boleslaw dying of poor health at 26 made this happen. Too bad Hungary being gavelkind means I'll have to postpone getting inherited by Poland to get out of the HRE.

67oUSwg.png

Thank you Alex II, helping me paint Hungary HRE white was a very cool thing. Invaded, unlanded one of the claimant brothers, grabbed some more land and peaced out. Going to keep the eastern half Hungarian and colonize the west with Czechs.

Reactions:
A newbie here. After several dud starts with Munster and Sjaelland, I finally got a game where I wasn't mercilessly crushed or completely outmatched. For this game, my goal was to secure the future of the Norse faith. So I aimed to unite Scandinavia under an empire and reform the faith. Some save scumming when I blundered from not knowing how the game works all that well and to avoid gavelkind disaster early on, though no ruler designer. My first ruler executed a half-dozen sons (one in a Blot) to keep his gains intact. The second became Fylkir and Emperor. I convinced every other independent Norse ruler to join, which was a handful of counties in Britain and the Baltic.

Edit: Old Gods start.

Though Frisia nicked back Zeeland and the Teutonic Order are lodged in Bremen (I snatched their other county off them). The Jomsvikings are a recent addition, as are a bunch of the Baltic counties. The plan now is to create buffer kingdoms to further secure Scandinavia. Such as Germany and Lithuania...

0zxZ5p8.png

IsOJvwW.png

ZWKkxL2.png

And this is where I left that game, some months ago. Some oddities, such as Ireland and Galicia being united and Frisia spreading to multiple coastlines.

The Scandinavian Empire had continued to gobble up territories here and there, aggressively converting those in its power. The big development was the prior Fylkir assassinating a troublesome dynasty king vassal - and getting caught. Cue a decades long revolt, the Empire driven back on multiple fronts and with no end in sight. Oh and the Teutonic Knights hacking away in the Baltic.

I doubt I'll return to this game but I thought I'd at least show where I'd left it.

NKEQks2.png

RKf8RyM.png

9fjkRSD.png

NKEQks2

769 start Tocharian kingdom
PdEKwMB.jpg

LDw3uQL.jpg

How to win the game
SXp5CLK.jpg

The silk road starts on my provinces. I am regularly making 30+ gold a month, so I can afford to do whatever I want.

Reactions:
769 start Tocharian kingdom
PdEKwMB.jpg

LDw3uQL.jpg

How to win the game
SXp5CLK.jpg

The silk road starts on my provinces. I am regularly making 30+ gold a month, so I can afford to do whatever I want.

Until 1200, anyway.

Reactions:
Until 1200, anyway.
Yeah, for now I'm focussing on upgrading my holdings as much as possible. I can raise about 10,000 troops max right now, in theory by 1200 I can have way more.
No mongols if there is already a powerful nomad realm right?
Even if that is true (which I don't know) I am not nomadic, I'm feudal. All those Tocharian steppe provinces have castles, towns and temples I built in them, they're all built up to around the same level as my Tarim base of power.