• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From the never-ending Zoroastrian game at x1 speed:

CDqOt4i.jpg

Ardashīr Shahanshah eran would be bloody well over the moon.
Xerxes would be proud.

Reactions:
Here's my Roman Empire at 1066, September 15th.

ck2_map_4_zpsm2mhjl72.png

And here it is in December 1066.

ck2_map_6_zpspvqdik4u.png

I decided to give away four Empires, a third of my Empire, because being a super blob is too easy and causing some bad performance issues. My new goal is to form some of the other Empires and give those away so that I only own the land that the height of Rome controlled. Still a super blob I know but I'm waiting for the Aztecs before I convert to EUIV which I've never played.

Last edited:
Reactions:
An update to my Lishbunid run through, 162 years have passed and after some odd events, the Andalusians and the Irish have become quite close.

Gx2TJMl.png

Reactions:
An update to my Lishbunid run through, 162 years have passed and after some odd events, the Andalusians and the Irish have become quite close.

Gx2TJMl.png

Your realm is truly multiracial. Your kids are part Bedouin/Visigothic/Andalusian/Irish. And they speak Arabic and as well as maybe some vernacular Irish or Latin? Stuff like this makes RPing so great!

Reactions:
Not that impressive, but I am hyped over how well this Zunist game has been going:

WkaEQR6.jpg

The Shia took the entire kingdom of Persia, the Abbasids haven't even looked at me mean (I didn't take Kalat), the Indians have been so busy killing each other I can swoop in with county conquests, and even though my second king was incapable when he took the throne (and lived 16 years, surviving three assassination attempts) I didn't get attacked at all and instead got a fat treasury from the long regency.

I'm honestly scared now that it's all about to come crashing down before i can get those last 10%...

E: Also I converted a province.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Finally made it to Emperor.
3126CAB274A0330195313972B13E4822DD68869F

Actually, this guy's father did, but he died shortly thereafter. I used the custom empire decision, as that was supposed to insta-drift in the other kingdoms. And it did, with the exception of the custom (AI created) kingdom of Badajoz, in which I did (and still don't) hold any land. Darn Aztecs.
They will probably become/stay my biggest problem. I tried to take a couple of provinces from them while they were also being crusaded, but A) barely anyone joined the crusade and B) the old ruler died and the claims became invalid (apparently press all claims does that). They have (both right now and at full strength) twice my number of troops, so I'm not really sure how to handle this.
Ah well, my main goal of learning how to play as a Muslim has been met already. Whatever fun I manage to drag from this game is bonus, in my opinion.
Edited in example: My current ruler is a Mirza, Genius, Brilliant Stategist with 29 Marital and no stat below 11. Yeah, I think I know how to (ab)use the Muslim succession rules.

After three centuries, the rightful Caliphs return.
G7D8wPy.jpg

So how did I took Arabia over so fast? Well, I already controlled all of North Africa and Jerusalem, so I had the numerical advantage - I also got a kinsman with a claim on the title.
SYS0b6y.jpg

After putting him on the throne, I tried to make sure that I would inherit the throne, but one of his sons still managed to survive long enough to inherit. After murdering the child Caliph I granted a bunch of emirs in Persia independence as I wanted to consolidate my rule in Arabia first. I also destroyed the Arabian Empire for two reason: First so I can integrate everything into my main title and second because the Abbasids only have a claim on Arabia, but not on al-Andalus (renamed Hispania).

Looking forward to the activation of Jihads - maybe I can conquer the Caucaus and connect my empire with my Jewish vassal state in Crimea. :)

Reactions:
Reactions:
Probably in reaction to the dynasty name.
Of course it is but I can't tell what emotion or feeling it's trying to portray. Happiness? Exasperation? Frustration?

Empire of the Jomsvikings, with reformed Germanic faith and Norse culture. Start date 1066 as Erik the heathen on ironman.

This is nothing short of glorious.

Reactions:
A newbie here. After several dud starts with Munster and Sjaelland, I finally got a game where I wasn't mercilessly crushed or completely outmatched. For this game, my goal was to secure the future of the Norse faith. So I aimed to unite Scandinavia under an empire and reform the faith. Some save scumming when I blundered from not knowing how the game works all that well and to avoid gavelkind disaster early on, though no ruler designer. My first ruler executed a half-dozen sons (one in a Blot) to keep his gains intact. The second became Fylkir and Emperor. I convinced every other independent Norse ruler to join, which was a handful of counties in Britain and the Baltic.

Edit: Old Gods start.

Though Frisia nicked back Zeeland and the Teutonic Order are lodged in Bremen (I snatched their other county off them). The Jomsvikings are a recent addition, as are a bunch of the Baltic counties. The plan now is to create buffer kingdoms to further secure Scandinavia. Such as Germany and Lithuania...

0zxZ5p8.png

IsOJvwW.png

ZWKkxL2.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
So after achieving one of my major goals of the campaign I deicded to share an update of my Lishbunid Portugal-Andalusia-Sunni game. I have just had this chap, in 1060 be declared Sheikh of the Yazidi. I hadn't meant to embrace a heresy, but the Umayyad assumption of the Caliphate offended my ruler far too much. My Anglo-Irish possessions are thriving and a great cultural exchange exists in the empire. Tolerance is my main technological advancement, and I practise it throughout my lands!

The Empire of Al-Burtughal
F2wQO7R.png

The state of faith in the world, Yazidis assume the 'orthodox' station of the Sunni faith.
bT62jHb.png

And the man who made it all happen:

Muyahid ibn Jalid Lishbunid, Badshah of Al-Burtughal, Protector of Faith, Sheikh of the Yazidi
ssofPLG.png

Reactions: