• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
g98Buwz.png

Kill it with AllCK2Blobs!

1 million men and no attrition, that is not right

It's like something from Herodotus or the Bible....

Historians still argue fervently that the historical accounts were just incorrect and blustered such numbers in the final days of the great Abbasid Empire. Most believe it was the poor Abbasid army or plague striking the land, because no evidence of any men dying where the famed million man army marched have ever been found.

Needless to say it's obviously invented by revisionist contemporary historians.

It's like something from Herodotus or the Bible....

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale camel
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

So after recreating the German Empire (posted on page 143 ITT), I decided this time recreate the Austro-Hungarian empire (1914 borders. Using the HIP mod). Here it is:

pmYjqZX.png

oINFyR4.jpg

Started off as a custom german count in the Kingdom of Bavaria in 867 (county of Osterreich), soon formed the duchy, then after the HRE formed I invaded Bosnia. After conquering some more land I declared and won independence from the HRE in a one-on-one war. After that it was conquering Bohemia, the rest of Hungary, and then further eastward.

You'll notice it's not a perfect recreation, especially in the eastern parts of the empire (I'm actually kinda disappointed by how it looks). Also, that province in Italy directly above Venice makes things a bit weird, since it stretches eastward. This is all mainly because of the province shapes in SWMH, which is understandable of course. Another thing is that there is no empire that really makes sense to form. As a result, I remain as a king level ruler (archduke of the Arch-duchy of Austria).

Oh, and if you want to know what happened to Europe: basically France united all the karling kingdoms and then formed the HRE. Several rulers later and all other kingdom titles (including France and Aquitaine) have been dismantled.

And despite no intentions of picking this save file up again, I had a lot of fun!

So after recreating the German Empire (posted on page 143 ITT), I decided this time recreate the Austro-Hungarian empire (1914 borders. Using the HIP mod). Here it is:

pmYjqZX.png

oINFyR4.jpg

Started off as a custom german count in the Kingdom of Bavaria in 867 (county of Osterreich), soon formed the duchy, then after the HRE formed I invaded Bosnia. After conquering some more land I declared and won independence from the HRE in a one-on-one war. After that it was conquering Bohemia, the rest of Hungary, and then further eastward.

You'll notice it's not a perfect recreation, especially in the eastern parts of the empire (I'm actually kinda disappointed by how it looks). Also, that province in Italy directly above Venice makes things a bit weird, since it stretches eastward. This is all mainly because of the province shapes in SWMH, which is understandable of course. Another thing is that there is no empire that really makes sense to form. As a result, I remain as a king level ruler (archduke of the Arch-duchy of Austria).

Oh, and if you want to know what happened to Europe: basically France united all the karling kingdoms and then formed the HRE. Several rulers later and all other kingdom titles (including France and Aquitaine) have been dismantled.

And despite no intentions of picking this save file up again, I had a lot of fun!

You can't claim Österreich-Ungarn without holding the Kingdom of Hungary! Also go on and reclaim Veneto to get 1816 borders.

And don't forget Silesia.

Sadly due to a crashing bug I had to finish my game in 1058, but i'd like to share the final map nonetheless.

I started the game as the King of Ireland, who only held the west of Ulster in the HIP mod, and ended up as Emperor Brian II (son of Finn V) of Níos mó Éire, had the game continued he would have been succeeded by his daughter, Clíodhna II.

This game was incredible for me, it was my first time playing as a heresy, the Fraticelli. I successfully created the Papacy, and converted Norway, Poland, Hungary, Wendland and Sweden to our cause. Fraticelli became the dominant denomination. Even winning a crusade for Jerusalem which sadly was lost to a Jihad. My ambition in this game was to set up foreign realms, instead of having them in one Empire. As I hated managing so many vassals, so i'd like to present to you first my map, and secondly the map of the 'Gaelic' realms. So you can see just how many independent Kingdoms I set up.

I'm sure a few will wonder how I nabbed the HRE, my Emperor's grandmother, Clíodhna II married a minor prince of the Holy Roman Empire, he seemed happy to die of old age in my court. Then a faction pressed his claim, and he became Emperor. I couldn't believe my luck. So I got a claim in turn, and when a child was elected Emperor, I struck. I set up six Gaelic Kingdoms, half of my dynasty and intended to convert the game to EUIV with the HRE as my main title, so I could get this empire as the 'HRE' of EUIV. Sadly it wasn't to be. Anyway, onto the maps!

Independent Realms:
Independent.jpg

Gaelic Realms:
Gaelic_Realms.jpg

bp7RWsM.jpg

The Avar Khaganate Strikes Back!

Small i know, but it took me time to survive the Hungarians because they revoked the duchy i started with and every single county. Constantinople became independent and i took it, triggering the crusades: a big crusade against hungary started. Hungary was having problems with a 5000k rebel stack already, but the holy orders bringing their stuff really roflstomped them, and i declared indepedence - i already owned all of Wallachia. From there, i declared an invasion on hungary after they became catholic, and then bulgaria. Now, who knows what i will do.

5 millions rebel doomstacks!?

This game was incredible for me, it was my first time playing as a heresy, the Fraticelli. I successfully created the Papacy, and converted Norway, Poland, Hungary, Wendland and Sweden to our cause. Fraticelli became the dominant denomination.

My dream...

6tuNB1W.png

Pretty typical Roman Empire, but I'm proud of it. However, it wasn't the Greeks that united the disparate states within the imperial borders...

npZQx6F.png

Look at that sexy, sexy font size/name. Started as Haesteinn of Nantes, had my son convert to Catholicism and spent the next couple hundred years crushing the Muslims to the point where they only have 19 provinces (not including Yazidi), getting my dynasty onto various thrones and inheriting them, and conquering into India.

yKM24Vs.png

Here's the guy who reformed the empire. I mean, his granddad did most of the work (I skipped a generation in inheritance), but I decided I'd give the one who did it a fitting name, which the previous emperor did not have. Arabia and Jerusalem are almost entirely Norse cultured, as well as most of northwestern India. Iberia, being the place I conquered first, is pretty much all Norse now, along with a good chunk of North Africa. Pretty much all of my provinces are Catholic, save for a few Dharmic provinces in India.

Yet another Roman Empire. Not really an acomplishment for people, but I wanted to share as it was my first time when I did it in Ironman without ruler designer and all the other things you can't do in Ironman. Entire conquest took roughly 300 years starting in 867. Rest was spent converting infidels and fighting billion rebellions. I would have never continued playing a game this pointless if it wasn't for steam achievements.

Independent realms
AMcB9IV.jpg

Religion
GInnDlq.jpg
Culture
kCAw7cA.jpg
De Jure Empires. Rest of Persia and Abyssinia will be assimilated before 1453.
aWB5Glr.jpg
Republic tradezones. There is also Sri Lanka republic with 6 tradeposts.
yXyyLz6.jpg
Retinues and technology. I swear I didn't max any of these technologies. Last time I remember they were 2 squares from being maxed, then I open the menu and see it way more advanced than I expected it to be. Such retinue cap allowed me having 6 retinue armies 24k men each (50k points each).
19KU5co.jpg
aUCDtUT.jpg

Last edited:
Yet another Roman Empire. Not really an acomplishment for people, but I wanted to share as it was my first time when I did it in Ironman without ruler designer and all the other things you can't do in Ironman. Entire conquest took roughly 300 years starting in 867. Rest was spent converting infidels and fighting billion rebellions. I would have never continued playing a game this pointless if it wasn't for steam achievements.

Independent realms
AMcB9IV.jpg
Religion
GInnDlq.jpg
Culture
kCAw7cA.jpg
aWB5Glr.jpg
yXyyLz6.jpg
Retinues and technology. I swear I didn't max any of these technologies. Last time I remember they were 2 squares from being maxed, then I open the menu and see it way more advanced than I expected it to be. Such retinue cap allowed me having 6 retinue armies 24k men each (50k points each).
19KU5co.jpg
aUCDtUT.jpg

Wow, dat culture conversion though

Independent realms
AMcB9IV.jpg
Religion
GInnDlq.jpg
Culture
kCAw7cA.jpg
aWB5Glr.jpg
yXyyLz6.jpg
19KU5co.jpg
aUCDtUT.jpg

*_* fabulous. I want make this.

A72703154F5CFCFE1B789B92385E906185AB4C9F

Nothing really impressive but I had a lot of fun. I am currently eyeing to create the Empire of Britannia. My relatives already rule Scotland and Wales. On a more curious sidenote the Karlings went nearly extinct. Italy is ruled by the d'Asti dynasty, Germany and Bavaria by the Ludolfingers and France (well, what is left of it) is controlled by of Wessex. The Karlings clinged to the remains of Burgundy and OPM Aquitaine until they inherited completely centralized (absolute crown authority and primogeniture) Asturias and Navarra. Also adventurer conquests seem to go completely overboard (Tlemcen, Damietta, Poitou, Munster, the ones in Naples and Karwuna were gobbled up by the Byzantines).

84DF0FE81CD59DE630C38DB1DCC8592B2DC831D7

I had nothing to do with the installation of this Pope who is of my dynasty. I was completely dumbstruck when I saw him. Turns out some members of House Haesteining didn't convert to Norman and ended up in (back-then) Norse controlled Naples where he became bishop and subsequently Pope.

Last edited:
Here's my latest.

RomanEmpire.png

It's a pretty standard "Roman Empire 2.0" model. However, it does differ in at least a few ways.

A) I'm playing with a mod that allows either the player or the AI to restore the Western Roman Empire separate of Byzantium as well as Rome Proper.

B) I started off in Norway as a minor (ethnically Irish but culturally Norse per the ruler designer) count.

After uniting Scandinavia and founding the Kingdom of Norway around 890-ish, I decided to try and branch off into the Mediterranean with the intention of eventually becoming Norman and founding the Kingdom of Sicily. Well, as luck would have it, around 910 or so (after I had taken Corsica, Arborea, Capua, Amalfi, and Salerno with my Norse hordes), the Pope decided to get all uppity and restore the Western Roman Empire, essentially making himself "Pope-Emperor."

I knew an opportunity like that doesn't present itself everyday, so I steam-rollered over the place with my horde, converted to Christianity, and promptly usurped the title. My heir after that consolidated our position in Italy and changed our culture to Roman (one of the decisions the mod adds), the one after that helped to take the Holy Land for the Knights Templar via Crusade and conquered most of North Africa, and the emperor after that took the entire Kingdom of Andalusia from the Moors in one blow via Crusade and conquered the Byzantines.

My latest Emp recently finished smacking the crap out of the Seljuks, so now I'm pretty much just biding my time waiting for the Mongols and Aztecs to show up. lol

I also kept the ERE intact as my secondary title, and I'm making a deliberate point of parceling off my various kingdoms to blood relatives (Norway and Sweden are independent now, for instance) while leaving France, Germany, and Eastern Europe more or less unmolested. I'm hoping this will help to bring about some interesting civil wars and rivalries which might break-up the "I win" monotony of the next 400 or so years.

In any case, though... IRISH-VIKING-ROMAN EMPIRE FTW!!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
Here's my latest.

RomanEmpire.png

It's a pretty standard "Roman Empire 2.0" model. However, it does differ in at least a few ways.

A) I'm playing with a mod that allows either the player or the AI to restore the Western Roman Empire separate of Byzantium as well as Rome Proper.

B) I started off in Norway as a minor (ethnically Irish but culturally Norse per the ruler designer) count.

After uniting Scandinavia and founding the Kingdom of Norway around 890-ish, I decided to try and branch off into the Mediterranean with the intention of eventually becoming Norman and founding the Kingdom of Sicily. Well, as luck would have it, around 910 or so (after I had taken Corsica, Arborea, Capua, Amalfi, and Salerno with my Norse hordes), the Pope decided to get all uppity and restore the Western Roman Empire, essentially making himself "Pope-Emperor."

I knew an opportunity like that doesn't present itself everyday, so I steam-rollered over the place with my horde, converted to Christianity, and promptly usurped the title. My heir after that consolidated our position in Italy and changed our culture to Roman (one of the decisions the mod adds), the one after that helped to take the Holy Land for the Knights Templar via Crusade and conquered most of North Africa, and the emperor after that took the entire Kingdom of Andalusia from the Moors in one blow via Crusade and conquered the Byzantines.

Now, I'm pretty much just biding my time waiting for the Mongols and Aztecs to show up. lol

I also kept the ERE intact as my secondary title, and I'm making a deliberate point of parceling off my various kingdoms to blood relatives (Norway and Sweden are independent now, for instance) while leaving France, Germany, and Eastern Europe more or less unmolested. I'm hoping this will help to bring about some interesting civil wars and rivalries which might break-up the "I win" monotony of the next 400 or so years.

In any case, though... IRISH-VIKING-ROMAN EMPIRE FTW!!!! :rofl:
Which mod it is?

Which mod it is?

This one.

Imperial Legacy: Restore the Roman Empire in the West

I did monkey with the files a bit to make it more compatible with the following mod as well, however.

Project: Augustus - A Roman Realism Mod

I also changed at least one CB. The first mod comes with an "Imperial Dignity" CB which basically allows W. Rome to declare war on the whole of E. Rome (or vice-versa), with the losing empire title being permanently destroyed afterwards. I changed it so that I could vassalize the title instead.

I wanted to preserve the possibility of another schism occurring. lol