• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Norse Egypt! Raiding India and Europe on a yearly basis, and my king. I always name my kings after random GoT characters :p

Started out in ToG and reformed the faith and united Sweden. Around 990 or so, cant remember, I declared a great holy war for Egypt against the Abbasids that held the entire Arabian empire except Africa, yes, they had even conqured the eastern roman empire :eek: Never seen that before. I managed to win the war and moved my capital to Fustat and set Sweden free :) The Abbasids at the time had an army of 90000+ while I had around 25000, something I found out after i DoWed, but I won in the end because much of eastern europe is norse and so many rulers answered the fylkirs call for war :) Abbasids later lost constantinople to the knights templars, as seen in the pic.

The king in picture is my current ruler who died a year after I took the screen, his son formed the abbysinian empire and I'm planning the great holy war for southern India right now!

Oh, all provinces are converted to the norse reformed faith and about 60-70% of all my provinces are norse cultured!
JHa23Ax.jpg

I believe it was an 876 start. :laugh:

It's funny how powerful Byzantium is in player hands vs. how often the AI manages to totally wreck it :D

Latin Empire (Romania) with the HIP mod.

2014-08-18_00004.jpg
2014-08-18_00006.jpg

Romania from coronation of Baldwin I to 1400 when the game started lagging and became unplayable.
The Holy Schism was mended by Catholics, although I admit that I cheated a bit: I removed the requirements that needed one Monarch to have the four Pentarchy seats (but they still had to be Catholic and owned by Latin Patriarchs). But since Antioch and Jerusalem were controlled by a powerful Catholic Crusader State itself, I saw it as plausible. Il-Khanate helped a lot as it converted to Catholic faith by itself, long before the schism was mended, and they destroyed Islam in the east (until the Timurids came and their realm started to crumble).

All in all, quite a fun campaign.

Last edited:
First game with the 2.1.6 patch and the first proper Republic playthrough. Had to create duchy of Genoa in 867, obviously. I didn't even plan on expanding into Egypt and Nubia, but the Shia Caliph there was spamming me with suicidal wars, and we can't let that slide, can we?

Further plans include completing the reconquista of Iberian peninsula (as you can see, I took the precaution of completely surrounding the Umayyads so that those French opportunists don't ruin it for me), and then methodically taking the remaining part of Apennines. Maybe I'll take Toulouse too, so that all of my European holdings are connected by land.

KhdmK83.jpg

the territories of The Most Chivalrous House of Small.

Originally counts of Bologne who invaded england during the anglo-saxon viking wars, the family went on to rule the rest of the isles as well as France, Hispania, Jerusalem and territories in scandinavia and north africa.

the Year is 1305 but i'm pretty much done with this game since there isnt much else to do and I have the highest score.
6016FEB2DCE26F01C673485B949C9C8DE172B7DE

Nah, allies gonna help him
Nah, it's the allies that he has to help all the time..

I had an England game where I ceded Iberia, Sicily, Lotharingia, Norway and Jerusalem to kinsmen and set them free, around 13th centry, spent the rest of the game saving their asses over and over again. In Sicily in particular I had to station 20k retinues there just to keep them afloat. But even so in the end they died out because they got invaded and hard but never asked for my help. Jerusalem also got so bad that I had to retake it for myself.

2wq7p60.png

Byzantium is blobbing all over the place. They took over Italy via a claimant of House Makedon and tried the same stuff for Aragon. Trashing their army made an independence revolt possible. Hopefully Italy and Serbia can beat this giant. There's also hoping this will halt the race for India. The Golden Horde is nowhere to be found and the Ilkhanate is chilling in the steppe.

0osy.png

Lang lebe Kaiser Albrecht der Große, Kaiser von Böhmen und der Heiliges Romisches Reich; König von Böhmen und Ungarn und Polen und Litauen und Bayern.

Crowns held by the Premyslid Dynasty since 1066, first Premyslid monarch and how inherited:

Kaiserreich Böhmen: 5 May 1159 (Albrecht der Große) -- Formed
Heiliges Romisches Reich: 24 March 1167 (Albrecht der Große) -- Inherited by election after the death of Kaiser Eberhard von Rheinfelden
Königreich Ungarn: 18 October 1139 (Albrecht der Große) -- Inherited from mother, Königin Terezia der Gerechte.
Königreich Litauen: 9 September 1158 (Albrecht der Große) -- Formed after conquering pagans.
Königreich Bayern: 2 June 1167 (Albrecht der Große) -- Formed after inheriting HRE.
Königreich Polen: 18 February 1116 (Jirik) -- Jirik conquered it from Christina Piast, he died, and the crown passed to Bretislav das Alte, his brother. The crown then passed to his son Albrecht das Erste, then to Leopold, then to Albrecht der Große.
Königreich Pommern: 20 October 1164 (Albrecht der Große) -- Formed by conquest of pagans.
Königreich Böhmen: 1 March 1075 (Vratislav) -- Formed due to wealth and the fact that he was the Duke of Bohemia and Moravia.

Official Premyslid line from Vratislav to current monarch:

- Vratislav (b. 1032, d. 1090) -- First King of Bohemia, passed away in sleep due to old age
- Bretislav das Alte (b. 1058, d. 1131) -- Died a maimed cripple.
- Albrecht das Erste (b. 1083, d. 1133) -- Died naturally due to old age.
- Leopold (b. 1104, d. 1137) -- Died in battle against Kaiser Gottschalk of the HRE to install his wife as Holy Roman Emperor (the crown would pass to Gottschalk's son after Terezia's death)
- Albrecht der Große (b. 1137)

It's an ironman game, btw. My monarch has some mad stewardship skills. I'm taking advantage of my massive demense while it exists. I think it might be a bug though. :|

The First Crusade (for Jerusalem) was a massive failure, but the Second Crusade was a massive success, and Jerusalem became part of the Kingdom of Denmark, but a Shia Jihad drove them out, and now they're a one-province kingdom in Forez, near the Kingdom of Burgundy, and is one of my first targets. Sweden already ate regular Denmark, shortly after the jihad.

Nah, it's the allies that he has to help all the time..

I had an England game where I ceded Iberia, Sicily, Lotharingia, Norway and Jerusalem to kinsmen and set them free, around 13th centry, spent the rest of the game saving their asses over and over again. In Sicily in particular I had to station 20k retinues there just to keep them afloat. But even so in the end they died out because they got invaded and hard but never asked for my help. Jerusalem also got so bad that I had to retake it for myself.

That implies that the AI is smart enough to actually sail a large enough army to help (More likely, they walk from Francia and end up getting attrition'd down to a few thousand troops and then get facerolled by the deathstack).

You guys are kind of unlucky then, or your allies are stupider than normal.

That implies that the AI is smart enough to actually sail a large enough army to help (More likely, they walk from Francia and end up getting attrition'd down to a few thousand troops and then get facerolled by the deathstack).

This made me laugh.

Today I was allied with France playing Byzantine from a Trebizond Empire start. France proceeded to march an army of 14K from France all the way to Anatolia. By the time they arrived they were around 10K or so and they marched right by my defensive stack straight into the horde and were demolished. They were not there more then 30 seconds.. Hell of a walk for all that.

I'm starting to suspect the AI just plays dumb when it's your ally. Byzantines had no trouble whatsoever in sailing a 20K stack to Sicily and crushing me instead of going on foot across Balkans and Apennines.

3F2B27F6CAA0D2D9B3FE66BAC04B7EC644FA0301

This is why you should never let me play as the Byzantines with Project Augustus installed. Other than a few religious uprisings in India and Russia here and there, everything is locked down.

Last edited:
WbSaO45.jpg

Started as Emir of Medina in 1066

9V1pXaD.jpg

Started as a ruler designed character as the duke of Wessex in 867, this got unplayable because every time I, the byzantine empire, or the abbasids or ummayads raise there troops, the game slows down to a crawl.

uvwNaz4.jpg

Emperor of Solanki is my brother in law

Not really impressive, but here's my Chola kingdom, ready to be exported to EU4 under my worst maharaja ever:

2014082200001.jpg

I completely abandoned India in 1026, but my dynasty still rule a tiny kingdom there.

Realms:
ck2map31.png

Religions:
ck2map30.png

Notice the fragmented Scandinavia (Denmark and Sweden don't exist anymore, Norway is an OPM in Orkney). Garðariki kept alternating between Norse and Swedish rule. Persia converted almost everything to Ibadi Islam before flipping back to Sunni (same with Shia Ethiopia suddenly becoming Druze). Lithuania is a theocracy, now ruled by a Mordvin king-bishop due to having their capital in some bishopric near Moscow. The Pope is king of Hungary, but lost most of his territory to factions.

France became Orthodox for some reason, and its queen is married to the British emperor (who successfully pushed a vassal's claim on Bavaria many years ago). Hinduism spread to the steppes thanks to my missionaries, and is more powerful than ever since the duke of Yaik conquered the Mazdaki Khanate of Turkestan and usurped the title. India is pretty much divided between the Bengali Pranarayan Empire and the Tamil Chera Kingdom, both Hindu.

The Karlings still rule Aquitaine, Aragon, the Papacy, Bohemia and a couple of duchies in Hungary.