• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Only tangentially an Empire (so far) but I'm incredibly proud of this vanilla ironman achivement in a single generation:

08CF7804A5E88DBC9A1917476CF54D3FE32C3EEB

I was only trying to get the "An Norman Yoke around the English Neck" achievement, but it seems destiny had even more in mind...

Led a French army to conquer England, then led an English army to conquer France. Also note Flanders is held by my second son.

The HRE conquest of Aquitaine & Potiou was the reason that France was weak enough to be conquered by a very drained Anglo-Norman army...

This one.

Imperial Legacy: Restore the Roman Empire in the West

I did monkey with the files a bit to make it more compatible with the following mod as well, however.

Project: Augustus - A Roman Realism Mod

I also changed at least one CB. The first mod comes with an "Imperial Dignity" CB which basically allows W. Rome to declare war on the whole of E. Rome (or vice-versa), with the losing empire title being permanently destroyed afterwards. I changed it so that I could vassalize the title instead.

I wanted to preserve the possibility of another schism occurring. lol

That color is so ugly; the vanilla Roman Empire is MUCH better.

Ck2_43.png

Started as the Protarchon of Athens, a humble servant of the Makedon tyrants. This screenshot was taken just before assuming the Imperial throne for myself. The fatherly figure of Despot and Protodoux Isaias of Athens and Anatolia is pictured too. Third of my rulers.

I have to ask you, which mods are you using? The kingdom level Athens and the not-extremely-boring-looking Greek portraits.

I have to ask you, which mods are you using? The kingdom level Athens and the not-extremely-boring-looking Greek portraits.

I am using Historical Immersion project. However, I must point out its King-level Epirus, I renamed it Athens.

The Khaganate of Israel
(Ironman Bulanid Jewish Khazaria, in the waning years before EUIV conversion)

The goal was to achieve security in the north, and then conquer around the Eastern edge of the Black Sea Southward to form the Kingdom of Jerusalem, before destroying the Khazarian title and remaining a kingdom tier throughout.
The Seljuk and the Sunni Caliphate threw me back, and the Byzantines began putting pressure on as well.

So Khazaria drove into Bulgaria/Hungary to gain greater strength, which resulted in a drive down into the ERE, ultimately conquering it and setting Constantinople as the capital. Somewhere in there, due to drift and rebellion concerns (that I barely remember now), Carpathia was formed and re-titled, and then the drive on Jerusalem resumed.

Generations of warfare destroyed the Muslims in the East. The Mongols were stopped cold with barely a whimper (the GH never captured a held a single province).

The remaining conquests were conducted at a steady pace purely to land brothers and other relatives, or were the efforts of dukes and kings powered by their 140+ landed/allied relatives.

Some items of note:
  • 9 failed Crusades for Greece (no other crusade targets were launched)
  • Scandinavia was fascinating reverting from all Norway, spilt, all sweden, split, etc. repeated
  • Sweden went Sunni reverted Norse, Sunni, and back to Norse, and still has 2 Yazidi and a Sunni province
  • The Jomsvikings formed Finland

I waffled on forming some of the 20+ Kingdom titles available, but brought the entire thing over thinking westernizing the entire empire would be a... challenge...

I'm almost tempted to form the kingdoms, re-export, and play in that HRE instead...

Last edited:
Time to unite Europe under the one true faith.

My current Romuva empire following the conquest of Denmark. (Started as count of Zemgale in 867)*

B1C65418D7FED4CBFFD15B5DFC3CDDB8CAD44FDF

*Custom ruler
Those borders look unusually neat.

Finally, I reached my primary goal in my current game: Uniting (nearly) all the Slavic lands under one crown:
NZGM8aGc4O.jpg

gqTKd6Q5xO.jpg

0s3feIg5YW.jpg

iYWCKQo7ph.jpg

No longer divided by tribe nor by religion, the Slavic people stand as one. The Magyars are no more, their only legacy a few lonely settlements around the black sea. The Roman Empire is merely a shadow of its former glory. Though their rulers are of our blood, they bow to the Pope in Rome. Their once great city is now occupied by their so-called brothers in faith.

The Volga is our natural eastern border, so we will have to drive these German crusaders out of our land. May they . Then we will bring order to the people of the Caucasus to establish a buffer zone against the heathens in the south. Parts of Croatia are still held by the Germans, but their time will come.

ZPEgIVCiok.jpg

aqQJsc63vd.jpg

2wnlf03l9T.jpg

Last edited:
I reunited the Carolingian empire with a historical character (prince of Bavaria at TOG start). He even has an in-game wikipedia link!

yemdz1A.jpg

Started as Charles of WF, died and united WF and Aquitaine, as him inherited Burgundy and took Italy by force (some revolt had made it EM), then finally was able to wrestle my primary title into Senority, created Francia, died, had a interim character who did nothing, then died and became the former king of EF, now the king of the new Carolingian Empire.

Reactions:
Situation of my game:
15E7AFF94F1C962E034F22E2DC255E589CABDE15

Almost all Europe is under the true faith: Orthodox Christianity.
Sunni Caliph has lost almost all his territories to Ilkhanate (which is sunni), Byzantium and Abyssinia.
You can see that Lotharingia controls also Kingdoms of England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Brittany, Norway, Bohemia and Jerusalem.
King of Asturias is also King of France but he holds only a few counties in France. Perm is currently only pagan kingdom. And Byzantium is ruled by Russians

Last edited: