• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My mighty Norse empire is shaping up nicely. I swear I wasn't planning on conquering Mecca and Medina, I just conquered al-Aqba-something on the coast and gave to the king of England so I could raise his fleet there and hop on to India but he went and holy warred the place. Should help to cripple the Sunni MA though.

fUoZHqc.png

WU5xyhr.png

As you can see, the Asatru faith is clearly the dominant one in the world as besides me the kingdoms of Poland (the king also has the kingdom of Bavaria) , Bohemia (both of which are of my dynasty) and Cumania follow the Allfather.
ZIdaWf1.png

But I'm thinking I should release some vassal kingdoms to make the world a bit more interesting, especially the ones in Russia and Iberia. Should I create and give out the empire of Russia to either king in that area or just release them separately? And if I gave the title to one of them, would he also get the other one as a vassal? They're becoming de jure parts of my empire so pretty soon I can't just grant them independence without giving them (titular) empire titles. Breaking up the empire would at least give something to do until the Mongols show up :D
dJzTmVm.png

My glorious reforged Carolingian Empire, united under the Franks around 930 + extra territory in Spain and Croatia.
288qakh.jpg

And here is the man who made it all happen. Louis III inherited France, Aquitaine, and Aragon from his grandfather, Louis the Stammerer. Louis III's father was killed in battle against the Duke of Brunswick while he was a child. A spat of murders in the German Karling line wiped them out and so Germany then fell into Louis' lap. He then reconquered Italy which had been lost to the Karlings for close to 70 years. And he finally took Bavarian throne to complete the empire. I'm going to make sure it all breaks up after his death, but for now I like to relish in its glory.
2gt9fma.jpg

My mighty Norse empire is shaping up nicely. I swear I wasn't planning on conquering Mecca and Medina, I just conquered al-Aqba-something on the coast and gave to the king of England so I could raise his fleet there and hop on to India but he went and holy warred the place. Should help to cripple the Sunni MA though.

Release everyone outside of your de jure kingdom, and see what happens.

Flanker and Rough Terrain Master!! That's a killer combo, especially with his martial stat.
He is an utter beast. I believe it is the rough terrain and mountain expert trait, not flanker. I suppose he picked it up on his excursions through the Italian and Bavarian Alps. His son Prince Jourdain (who is now 20 in game.... in that picture he is obviously a child) is also like a 24 marshal with the defender stat, though not strong like bull like his father. Louis III is so bad ass that he has been king of the unified Carolingian Empire for 20 years now with NO revolts from upper nobility. I took the Italian throne from Rolando the Great who was the Italian king for 40 years, he lived to be my 75 year old Duke of Lombardy and never rebelled, same with my Duke of Bavaria. And I'm ruling over French, Germans, Italians, Catalans, Dutch, etc. I'm not totally liked by everyone, but I am respected for sure. I'm expecting some heavy rebellions when he dies.

Small update on my ongoing TOG game:
scNrulxf8e.jpg

gHE5UN5aIW.jpg

XpQkwBrHWx.jpg

JM2arByzAP.jpg

Bohuslav the Great subjugated Lithuania and abolished the old tribal kingdom, while his successor Bohuslav, called "the Ill-Ruler", split from the Roman church and caused the reemergence of Orthodoxy. Some of the Moravian nobles still cling to their old ways, as do most of the smallfolk, but the Moravians will follow their own way, not willing to bow to Rome like their weak neighbours in the south do.

The next step will be the subjugation of the remaining Slavic lands in the Rus and the Balkans.

Last edited:
Release everyone outside of your de jure kingdom, and see what happens.

Procrastinated too long, forgot about it and now all of Russia sans Perm is de jure. I wish it was possible to grant independence to de jure vassals.

FINALLY

xQqXQ3f.jpg

after 5 or 6 false starts I finally had a successful Karen ironman game. Literally the only thing I did differently this time was I just planted all my chancellors in the Saffarid capital for a good 50-60 years. They had 100 opinion of me even as I was holy warring them. As a result, they never attacked me

I totally forgot about Seljuk until he showed up with 50k troops. Luckily I had 5k gold (ran out of upgrades to spend money on at my current tech levels), so I hired 20k mercs, added my 20k retinues+levy, and marched out. He split his forces to carpet-siege, which was a bad decision, because it takes like 2 months to move between counties out there. So I destroyed two 9000-man detachments individually, then he managed to assemble his 25k remaining troops into one stack, but I still had 30k and steamrolled them

to show there were no hard feelings I force-converted him then gave him a title

YsktOC9.jpg

I did the same thing with the Abbasids, Saffarids and Samanids too. I fought a war to place the Zoroastrian abbasid vassal on the throne... he lasted literally 6 days before someone usurped him

also as you can see I changed the name of the county of Baghdad (back) to Ctesiphon, and the kingdom of Khiva to Khwarezm

I don't know what else to do this point other than just go for WC... Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand, Fergana, Esfahan and Baghdad/Ctesiphon have all slots filled with cities, and all those cities have Courts and City Walls 2, so I'm rolling in money.

btw that ruler's sister-wife had even better stats than him... 22 diplo, 18 martial, Strong. Here's the kid they had (had to assassinate because of primo):

2VlYd6b.jpg

Zoro marriage is not perfect.

Last edited:
Ck2_33.png

Current game playing as Emperor Brian Leanbh Dearg of Níos mó Éire, son of Finn III, High King of Éire, Cymru and Lloegyr. Having an absolute blast. Sadly my wife, the Queen of Brittany died giving birth to our daughter, so i'm trying to keep her on her throne as a one year old so she can one day bring the celts of Brittany into the fold.

Another awesome development was the Catholic church falling apart, so we became Fraticelli, and since I briefly held Roma, which allowed me to create the Fraticelli Papacy. Conveniently given to my uncle, keeping it in the family. We even had a Fraticelli crusade for Lombardia. Such an awesome game so far.

What mod is that?

The glorious African empire of Nordic Abyssinia! (Nearly the entire world is covered in empire-tier realms)

ck2_18_zps3be0a238.png

------
Edit: Every single conflict I get involved in quickly turns into colossal megawars with 100,000+ soldiers on either side and with empires quickly taking sides.

For example: The Holy Roman Holy War for Venice. (And conflicts that built up to it)

ck2_15_zps628f8079.png

#1: The Empress Euphrasia of the (Rump State) Byzantine Empire, in an early war against her mother my Fylkir and Emperor of Abyssinia(At the time still just Fylkir and King of Nordic Mali) captured her and forced her into concubinage.
I then pressed her claim for the Byzantine Empire after her mother died, overthrowing her sister (The then Empress) and making her child the heir. I fought numerous wars to keep
Euphrasia in power (And ended up assassinating her sister). Once Euphrasia died her and my emperor's daughter inherited, turning the Byzantine Empire into an ally of Nordic Abyssinia.

ck2_20_zpscb7361dc.png

#2: After my heir succeeded my previous emperor, the HRE decided to reclaim Venice for Christendom, beginning the worlds most horrific megawar (Untill the Second Holy Roman Holy War for Venice that is) to date. the Byzantine Empress and my emperor's half-sister called me into war along with our mutual ally the Emperor of Carparthia. Massive war all over Italy and Eastern Europe with the numbers around 110,000(us) vs 78,000(HRE). Nearing the end of the war Hispania joined making the war roughly 110,000 vs 140,000.

ck2_19_zpsc9a6e225.png

#3: The glorious armies of Odin and Tengri won the war mostly out of the efforts of this man, the invincible and unstoppable (But unhinged!) Nordic marshal Zabargad, greatest military commander on the planet and forever remembered as liberating Venice (Twice!) from the HRE, particularly the Second Battle for Venice, where 51,000 Nordic soldiers defeated an army of 46,000 Germans.

For the inevitable Third Holy Roman Holy War for Venice, I predict these will be the factions:

Pagan Alliance:
-Empire of Abyssinia
-Byzantine Empire
-Empire of Carpathia
-Kingdom of Sweden (Will soon become Empire of Scandinavia)
-Kingdom of Poland (They are apparently invincible despite their tiny size)

Christendom:
-Holy Roman Empire
-Empire of Hispania
-Kingdom of Wales
-Kingdom of England
-The Knights Templar
-The Pope + Endless hordes of Mercs

Last edited: