• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haven't played CS in awhile but found some screenshots of the last city I was working on.

oJbP7LE.png

AREzYvi.png

01LtTUF.png

Q2Jui0z.png

10bbOxB.png

6wXKowo.png

Welcome to Griega City, the city with no land connection to the outside world. It's built on a map I found on the Workshop, and its particular situation presents both challenges and advantages. Cargo must be carefully handled as it can only arrive by sea, but the flow of people in and out of the city is easy to manage as they all descend upon me at either the airport or the ferry terminal, both of which have good connections to public transport, rather than causing congestion on highways.

20170221205251_1.jpg

Griega City is what I call the downtown area which is centered on the airport because that and the cargo harbor was the first things I put down on the map. A third of the population live here and they seem to manage quite well despite the constant air traffic. I have kept parts of downtown low density to avoid planes touching buildings (security first!) but the planes still pass quite close. The city and most of my districts are located on the biggest of two (well, three, but one is really tiny) islands located in my starting area which I call Gran Griega because I named the entire map, which is a group of islands, Las Griegas. Don't ask me why, it means "The Greeks" in Spanish...

20170221205735_1.jpg

Island numero dos is called La Grieguita, "the Little Greek", and holds an extension of the harbor industrial area on Gran Griega and a suburban residential neighbourhood. La Grieguita is connected to Gran Griega through bridges and a metro station part of the bigger island's network. Not a lot happens here but I expect it to become more of a thoroughfare when I expand to the islands which that can be seen in the background.

20170221205824_1.jpg

I said there were three inhabited islands so before I show some places I like around Griega City and suburbs, here's Tercera. It's connected by a bridge to neighbouring Grieguita but in terms of electricity it is self-sufficient, mostly because I hate the look of power lines crossing water.

20170221205919_1.jpg

Quick look at a few different areas in town, first out is the neighbourhood Llanuris which is close to the city but they've still got some dirt roads lying around. It connects the city to its oilfield, of course with a commercial buffer zone between where people live and where people drill for oil.

20170221210306_1.jpg

Sunnyside Park is a low density residential area right in the middle of downtown. Much like the commercial areas right by the airport, most of its residential zones haven't been allowed to upgrade to higher density due to the risk of planes accidentally crashing into them. Not that planes crashing into buildings has any in-game effect but it doesn't exactly look good.

20170221210010_1.jpg

The map might not have any outbound train connections but that doesn't mean I can't create my own network. It's actually the best network I've ever had because those damn orange AI trains don't keep showing up wherever I go... the line begins in Llanuris and goes from one end of the island to the other, passing through Sunnyside Park and some other districts. As I mentioned earlier, there is also a metro line. That one goes through older parts of town where I had built stuff on the ground before I had the money to build trains.

20170221210614_1.jpg

One of my favorite sights is the Business Park in a district called The Pamela (because Pamela is a good name? I don't know...) Here you can go on a really scenic walk from the train station to the Tax Office on the other side of that big arch thing. Pamela also has another side to it where most of the city's high-density shopping areas can be found but there's not much to look at there so no picture.

20170221210625_1.jpg

I actually like this view so much that you get a second picture from another angle. Deal with it.

20170221210408_1.jpg

Coral Beach is an old neighbourhood right by the ocean. It's a nice place to live except for the streets occasionally flooding a little.

20170221210915_1.jpg

Another place with beachfront properties is the Santa Maria district where some people actually live on the beach and not just close to it.

20170221210952_1.jpg

Frances-Myfanwy is the name of a suburban neighbourhood close to Santa Maria and the Pamela. There isn't much to say about it, but the metro has its other end station here.

20170221211036_1.jpg

The train line from Llanuris goes one stop further however (well actually it doesn't even stop in Frances-Myfanwy) to Easthaven at the opposite end of the island from Lllanuris and the oilfields. People who don't fly to Griega City come here with the ferry and then take the train downtown.

20170221211249_1.jpg

And that's most of what you can find in the islands of Las Griegas. Here's an overview picture of everything. I have some land left on Gran Griega but it's located at the end of the map so part of it can't even be bought. Most of it is mine though and I plan to expand a little bit more but keep some of the forests around. Wow, this post became longer than I thought it would. Hope you enjoyed it anyway! I might come back with more pictures when the place has grown.

Picked up Cities, not having played it in a while, and cooked up Novaliches today. 30k pop, little traffic problems, and overall satisfied with the start. Going to be working on it some more in the future.

8275E6FDF2C5DB7EED33665A26D3E6F5A09E5ECB

Birds-Eye View. As you can see, there's still a lot of areas to be developed, but I'm very proud of the street layout - order of a grid with some chaotic elements mixed in.

36ED6161DD4F7D777A11A300368F4F243BEED2D6

Overlooking the city from the (original city) suburbs.

CB7E6FFA976358C74E984ACE29D085D5AD5108B5

The Siguares River. When it was dammed, it gave two nice spots for leisure (on the left bank) and a beach/waterfront/park area where the water level was raised significantly (on the right bank).

AEFAD7371E0EB104AA8E90A4DE7179D07DDF0EB2

Close up of the waterfront.

549EBEA21DA460594B20DBC2D8715EEE3E103623

The Statue of Wealth plaza.

Verville - cyberpunk capital of sin. goal: 1 million pop. City constraints: no traffic lights. no traffic jams. no stop and go traffic allowed. no mass transit that reduce cars such as metro or bus. this is neo atlantis. haves and have nots only.
hitfDuNbUTv1SCrmzOlgpID3JdRc-ibeHTM964JG0W40Yw3gsaGan0tfZ3jWiEOoBRONSzzFbsyF8Q=w1920-h1080-rw-no

90k pop. no traffic lights no traffic jams no public transit.
npxZXtT5K2mKY8lBioQKC4pz6yl82h30HZGrJ6MDll-DwMpJXXRWVgfGYt7p8ig_jwg-iccPk_yXtA=w1920-h1080-rw-no

~95k grime grim dark murder suicide corruption megacorps megacity
GPBPlTHFaBVBTeYFA7BVUf3xSs8Jw_QtBkoJ2WC3EdkfTa5r4d7bE3ZlW9RKsTdultgVodE_2tKAAg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

drivers can watch the game
zgqa5Ae2oEI7547fKrzG6wtCoUCecHuOtO8dLleVnndF2M4P-8YkHnBpXNJEB5FOshwccFsGEhuicg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

i like looking down this long tunnel
EBCctsSKKkKMXFnuFGV2nnEXTZKYE1zuK7n4p0GBg063AtsnCoHgucLqvpKQ0iIXjyKZA6ubsjDbbA=w1920-h1080-rw-no

100k city at night with its very busy red light district
5LczzaZYt58LGdRiLA_4npoFIajEnnXfuZPXec-zAmY6hCvcblyYDBvSybIrXmp4yC4xwRH-IFaJPA=w1920-h1080-rw-no

this is a typical intersection in Verville. the world is your oyster

Last edited:
I've been fighting a losing battle with traffic for a while and after my last game session it got too bad for me to manage, so I'm calling it for this city - my largest city to-date with 50k pop.
I'm quite proud of this city as I was able to make res neighborhoods that weren't just big grids. I also learnt alot of cool techniques for traffic, that, had I started with probably would have saved the city.
20170317035546_1.jpg

Last edited:
I've been fighting a losing battle with traffic for a while and after my last game session it got too bad for me to manage, so I'm calling it for this city - my largest city to-date with 50k pop.
I'm quite proud of this city as I was able to make res neighborhoods that weren't just big grids. I also learnt alot of cool techniques for traffic, that, had I started with probably would have saved the city.

Not enough paths on and off your highway. It is forcing too much traffic into too few paths.