• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IgnNTCJ.jpg

Well, this is my current city. Nothing big, nothing special, but mine. <3

xyhjn6y.jpg

And that is why i´ll never be able to do anything that is even kind of going towards architecture.

Reactions:
The city of Silvaria Hold, of the great and mighty nation of Silvaria.

D69AEFF508C28B872B7C6C42554983FB3D90707D

[Edit] It features numerous bus routes, a metro and access to the train systems. Traffic is only heavy in a few places between industry and the city but the highway has relieved the load throughout the city.

Last edited:
Reactions:
More see these fantastic pictures, more i think i'm doing something wrong as it takes me forever to make even 1,000 dollars...any tips?

I obviously don't know what your doing in your games already, but off the top of my head I'd say make sure that you de-fund services/power/water ect. when you start a new city so you aren't spending more for something you don't need, yet.

Also IVIaarten, that's a good looking farming community! Good work :D

Reactions:
More I see these fantastic pictures, more i think i'm doing something wrong as it takes me forever to make even 1,000 dollars...any tips?

For me it was pretty much trial and error. I dont have any concrete tips on what to do besides go slow in the beginning, pay attention to what the game is telling you and before you know the game gets easy, a bit too easy imo :)

Also for the sake of the thread, my city: about 30k Pop. (which realisticly is about 120k I guess)
35l5j81.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
sc4.jpg
A flattering photo of the Strawberry Fields district, a high-income office and apartment space. Just two years ago, this was a grimy oil-drilling sector, but now that the black gold has dried up, the space has been cleaned out and re-appropriated.
Overall, my city has just over 30k residents (I'm a slow expander), but a very significant cash flow and money surplus.

d77253fb18ed65b1540ed97e1ae9b56f.jpg
Speaking of cleaning up and re purposing old industrial land, this oversized roundabout used to contain a coal plant and the surrounding waste. As you can see, it has since moved on to bigger and better things.

Last edited:
Reactions:
An aerial photo from the very beginning of Humbleton.
JwMtKiQ.jpg

The district Bolton Gardens was the first created in Humbleton, this is also becoming the citys downtown.
76QdKPp.jpg

Humbletons industrial area also known as Factory Heights is very busy and exports tons of goods to the CimNation
WNdHXHg.jpg

The most recent Aerial photo reveals the massive expansion the city has undergone since its founding.
oITWnJN.jpg

And at last a picture from the Glenndale Village, a nice suburan community and also home to alot of Humbletons office development.
9yy3fxe.jpg

Reactions:
It seems like a lot of people are using this map.

If a city sprouts in a forest and no one is around to see it, does it become populous? Well, let's take a look at the City of Faraday. After messing around with the filters, I found one that suits well in the last few images.
yRNVN5r.png

After a few hours of gameplay...
mxMa4y0.png

Whittaker Park & Aquarium
L9dhqe3.png

Halcyon Loop, the original entrance to the city and Riverside, the predominantly LowRes(Low Density Residential) district.
Fme9oxr.png

Downtown, where all the business happens. Downtown is the core of commerce and office, buffered by HighRes(High Density Residential). 90% of the High Interest Tower is occupied by the Faraday Research Corporation.
FilryWg.png

Faraday Farms & Textiles. The Industrial Park can be seen across the river and waaaaay out of my hair.
lNyxuI1.png

A typical electrical corridor. After switching from wind power to nuclear, Faraday enjoys the abundance of electricity and has tucked power lines in less obvious areas.
T0PNgjN.png

My only gripe is that ominous fog that looms over the city. It's probably the wind.

Reactions: