• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Twisted_Mentat said:
I assume this is eventually comming, but i'm just curious if theres any plans for a post war, or end of the war, events?

Basic concept is focused on the Teheran/Yalta/Potsdam conferences. If most choices done by Allies/USSR go as they went historically, Potsdam conference will result in creating occupation zones, USSR satellites and USSR attacking Japan in Machuria (if it not happened earlier).

Current model of post-Germany Europe present in CORE (III WW between USSR and Allies) will still be possible to trigger, yet it should happen less frequently then historical one.

I checked out the core events, but coulnd't find it, what are the triggers?

and has any thought been put in to having the USSR maybe say "no, we wanna keep what we conqured"?

I do like the korea/north korea creation though...

Twisted_Mentat said:
I checked out the core events, but coulnd't find it, what are the triggers?

Check out post_war file in events forder - all events leading to the WW III are there.

and has any thought been put in to having the USSR maybe say "no, we wanna keep what we conqured"?

Definetly. It's also real option for western allies. :D

I don't want to force players in unrealistic peace solution, but if war in Europe go roughly historical, there will be decent chance for historical post-war order.

Not to be harsh but the Post War events don't seem to be based on reality, I sent a very long e-mail to Generalissimo awhile ago about this, but it seems to have been lost in transit.

EasilyConfused said:
Not to be harsh but the Post War events don't seem to be based on reality, I sent a very long e-mail to Generalissimo awhile ago about this, but it seems to have been lost in transit.

Current post war events are not based on the reality, but on the possible alternative history. They cover "what if" situation of too successful Soviet assault on Europe in similar way as Bitter Peace and Yogi's New Order do the same for too successful (ahistorically) Germany.

New pack will cover historical path of events.

EasilyConfused said:

Well, these are still "works in progress," and will probably evolve as time goes by. There are all sorts of aspects to consider and balances to be struck and all that. So I wouldn't worry too much about the current incarnations of events.