• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheMoe

Colonel
36 Badges
Mar 24, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Ancient Space
I have a new computer coming today and I thought I would start over with the goal of finishing the campaign and then transitioning to career mode to complete as many of the flashpoints as I can. What happens after I finish the campaign? Does the game immediately transition into career mode, and then do I have 1200 days or does it just go on without a game timer and a score? Thanks!

Thank you!

After the Restoration campaign is over you may go on playing into a fully opened Aurigan Periphery Sector sandbox game, with Flashpoints starting appearing very soon, like Career mode but without any time limit nor valuation score

After the Restoration campaign is over you may go on playing into a fully opened Aurigan Periphery Sector sandbox game, with Flashpoints starting appearing very soon, like Career mode but without any time limit nor valuation score

Thank you. Is it possible to form an alliance with the Restoration and get access to their alliance store? I'm thinking I should easily have 100% of the necessary reputation.

No, the player can't form an Alliance with the Aurigan Restoration and it doesn't have its own store.

Officially, anyway. Mod-wise, I have no idea if anyone tackled this.

Thanks! Good to know.

I like playing both modes seperate myself. Once the campaign is complete, you are really powerful and often stronger than need be for the various Flashpoints. Also, you don't get the little Career 1200 day score either.

I think building a company from scratch in the career mode is fun and like a whole other experience.

All of it is fun regardless, but I just wanted to give you my advice on it. I think the overall experience will be more fun and challenging with a fresh Career start.

Keep in mind that a post-campaign game will have a maximum global difficulty modifer.

Thank you for the info. Yes, I saw some of the option differences between campaign and the freelance work. :)

I like playing both modes seperate myself. Once the campaign is complete, you are really powerful and often stronger than need be for the various Flashpoints. Also, you don't get the little Career 1200 day score either.

I think building a company from scratch in the career mode is fun and like a whole other experience.

All of it is fun regardless, but I just wanted to give you my advice on it. I think the overall experience will be more fun and challenging with a fresh Career start.

I'm with you there! It does stink a bit that I don't get a score, though my goal is to make it through as many of the flashpoints as I can, just so I can experience them. Thank you.

I'm with you there! It does stink a bit that I don't get a score, though my goal is to make it through as many of the flashpoints as I can, just so I can experience them. Thank you.

It's tricky because some Flashpoints are faction specific so you need to be allied with a faction to play it. Once you Ally though, a lot of other factions will instantly become enemies. You can break an allegence, but you will have to work hard to Ally with another faction.

It's doable I think, but there will be a lot of grinding low skull contracts. It's almost better IMO to have multiple career runs for certain allegances. Makes it easier if you are looking to complete all Flashpoints.

It's tricky because some Flashpoints are faction specific so you need to be allied with a faction to play it. Once you Ally though, a lot of other factions will instantly become enemies. You can break an allegence, but you will have to work hard to Ally with another faction.

It's doable I think, but there will be a lot of grinding low skull contracts. It's almost better IMO to have multiple career runs for certain allegances. Makes it easier if you are looking to complete all Flashpoints.

Oh. Haha! Yes. I think I'll be happy if I can ally with one or so factions and try those. ;) You're right about it being easier if you want to try all of the flashpoints to try multiple runs. Thanks for the help!

Oh. Haha! Yes. I think I'll be happy if I can ally with one or so factions and try those. ;) You're right about it being easier if you want to try all of the flashpoints to try multiple runs. Thanks for the help!

If it's just about getting to the alliance flashpoints, grind rep for the relevant factions, drop a save. Then ally with one, play the FP, load the savegame, repeat with other factions.
I'm still sad there is no pirate flashpoint, they usually end up being my best ally ;D

If it's just about getting to the alliance flashpoints, grind rep for the relevant factions, drop a save. Then ally with one, play the FP, load the savegame, repeat with other factions.
I'm still sad there is no pirate flashpoint, they usually end up being my best ally ;D

That's a pretty smart idea! Sorry to hear no Pirate flashpoint, but there are plenty of others. ;)

You can perform the “Wolf’s Dragoon Grand Tour” too: grind reputation with a faction, ally with it, negotiate The Faction FP, break alliance; rinse and repeat for each Successor State faction. I did it that way.:D

You can perform the “Wolf’s Dragoon Grand Tour” too: grind reputation with a faction, ally with it, negotiate The Faction FP, break alliance; rinse and repeat for each Successor State faction. I did it that way.:D

Haha! Thanks for the tip.