• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Probandi

Recruit
8 Badges
Sep 4, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Hi,
I also repeatingly had crashes during the starting procedure of the game.
My System: Laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 (2019), Win10 64bit (2004), NVIDIA driver 452. ...,
In the beginning I installed it via steam and it worked properly (tutorial). After saving and restart the next day (no matter if via autosave or Start-Button from Steam) the game either didn´t start at all (red warning sign next to start button) or it hang up in the start menu after the initial sequence. Start menu in this case means a background without menu.
I tried several fixes mentioned in the Paradox thread (Sept.4th), but they all didn´t work...
I then uninstalled game on steam, installed Paradox launcher and then the game again via P-launcher. What shall I say: Didn´t work.
Fortunately my laptop has the possibility to overclock the graphics device, the app called called "Predator sense". Don´t know why I reminded it that late ;) And now it works, meaning I can reach the starting menu and can even start or continue the tutorial (didn´t try more yet)!
I don´t know why because my system should meet the system requirements anyway but who cares now...
I hope that this helps out some guys with the same problems, good luck!
Probandi