• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

soton69

Private
34 Badges
Sep 18, 2020
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
Hi all. Since the very first update that added bandit gate attacks and up till the last update which was 9 I noticed that all gate attacks completely stopped around the day 90 Mark. However this latest update 10, I am around the day 35 Mark... ish and so far have not had a single bandit gate attack. Just wanted to add am loving the game, kudos to all the game devs. I'm on pc

Yep your definitely right ironzy, had my 1st gate attack at day 38, just got it repaired for another gate attack at day 40, followed by wild boar attack at day 41 and hostile colonist losing it at day 42...lol just waiting now to see if all gate attacks completely stop at around day 90 ish like all the previous updates.

I wasnt even ready for it on day 8, I had nobody manning the gate because I never had enough carriers but it never allowed me to put 2 people in there once the attack happened, has that always been a thing?

Not sure but I definitely had something similar yesterday, like you I had no spare people, was on a horrible map with no lakes and severely low food, gate was attacked so I quickly assigned two colonist, my gate went down to just below half health before they started shooting back.

Hey guys!

The bandit attacks happen essentially completely at random, with the game looking only slightly into what is happening in your colony and how it's going. So it is very much possible for the game to not give you any attacks for a long time or for it to give them relatively early/late. Though I have to say soton69 you definitely seem to have had quite a lot happening in a very short time!

Not being able to add colonists to the gate after the combat has started has been in the game for quite a while, I cannot remember if it was immediately in or added in the patch after the update however definitely for a long time.