• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Royal-Disaster

Recruit
4 Badges
Aug 23, 2012
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Launched game with fresh install and suddenly:

1679627090690.png

1679627068264.png

I freshly reinstalled on my D drive which is what I originally used but then decided to uninstall the game and install on my C Drive. Both reinstalls have the same problem I have no idea where to begin? I have no mods enabled in the screen shots.

This looks like there are some files which override your game files. If there really are no mods(please have a look at the playsets section of the launcher to make sure), there are probably folders in "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV". That folder is like an always-active mod and files in its subfolders can override or extend the game files. The nudge tool for example puts its output in "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/map"

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

This looks like there are some files which override your game files. If there really are no mods(please have a look at the playsets section of the launcher to make sure), there are probably folders in "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV". That folder is like an always-active mod and files in its subfolders can override or extend the game files. The nudge tool for example puts its output in "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/map"

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.
Right.. I forgot about the files in documents.. can I just delete them and the game will reinstall them? should I delete them then reinstall the game? I actually remember accidently applying a new positions.txt to the wrong folder but didn't worry at the time because I was playing a mod that uses its own version of that file anyway.

nvm I got it thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Last edited:
Right.. I forgot about the files in documents.. can I just delete them and the game will reinstall them? should I delete them then reinstall the game? I actually remember accidently applying a new positions.txt to the wrong folder but didn't worry at the time because I was playing a mod that uses its own version of that file anyway.
If you delete "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV", the game will recreate the folder the next time you start it, but you lose the saves, screenshots, settings and local mods which are stored there. You could rename it, see if everything works and then copy all files which you still need from the renamed folder to the one which the game created.