• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

azedalis

Major
148 Badges
Aug 24, 2005
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
Welcome to my first AAR. I have read plenty of AARs and figured maybe I could help people play EIC and know what I experienced. So here goes nothing. I Have RESTARTED using the Director's Cut, figured I would rewrite the story using this previous story and my new save. I will change things up a bit.

Darmicus Parlos, sits in his office looking at his first official deed of ownership, The Allilynn, a cutter, named after his fiancee. ((IRL, my wife)) He knows the ship well, a small ship but capable of a good fight, very fast, making it possible to retreat from slower ships and deadly in combat since it can avoid most broadsides if command properly. But he shakes his head and says, "I need the ability to trade and this ship has little cargo space, so it might not pay for itself."
Looking at his books he has a 150,000 pounds balance in the companies account. "Well I will have a Sloop built." Gathering 15,000 pounds he places his order for the first tradeship.

(I am playing easy as you can tell.) The first part of the game went like this.

1/1600 Started construction of a sloop. I liked the first captain, Nuno Gomez, I got....a haggler, just what I needed. Someone who can improve the profit on the short trade route from Lisbon to Jadida and back. I will manually do all my ship movements and trades since I found out from my last game how many more trips you can do. Now at the start and throughout the game I will use my warehouse in my main port to store stuff to trade. I imediately bought out all the silver, silverware, sugar and tobacco. This was done through this captain and the small ship he has. Took a little while because 10 at a time was slow. But the benefit is I bought all of this at 5% off, plus as I keep going throughout the time I will have high profit items to sell untill I sell them all. So started the trade route.

3/1600 My first sloop was built, the Edite. I built the sloop on purpose since its only 2 months compared to 4 of a schooner. Its half the cargo space but I get to increase my trade to 30 tons a run. Also I was able to hire a new captain which I was extremely lucky to get, Paullo Afonso, a salesman. I started running these 2 fleets of 1 ship each in parallel. My future plans is to have 1 fleet of 5 sloops to continue this trade route. eventually ditching the cutter. 100 tons of space should be able to do most of the yearly quests, Placing a navigator as the catain shouls allow for the fastest tradeship fleet possible. So I started a second sloop. Profits were high enough to pay for the first sloop already and have some merchandise in the warehouse. Alot better then my first game. All purchases will be handled by Captain Gomez, all sales now by Captain Afonso.

5/1600 My third ship the Marcia was comissioned, my second sloop. Hired a third captain, I had an organizer in the possible captains for hire and knew this would be great. I am making money fairly easy using this technique. With this third captain and ship I get to expand the trading of this route to 60 tons per trip. 50 plus the 20% the organizer can load on each vessel. I will not get to buy all my goods at Jadida with Captain Gomez, but in Lisbon using the warehouse I can. So the little loss in profit of 5% on 20% of the load one of way of the round trip is not too bad. I will still make tons of profit. So I do a round robin of the captains in the fleet. Started to produce Schooners.

((Noticed that I did not get the starter missions, nor was asked if I wanted to do them. I got on mission to do the mission for the 15 years. So I have no rush to goto India. This very short trade route makes awesome profits andcan handle about 100 tons of continual trade, you might not get full loads from Jadida every time, but since its so close, the one way profit is alot more then any other country can get this early in the game. I have been extremely lucky with Lisbon producing enough high profit items to sell. And been getting alot of preciuos gems and leather from Jadida.))

8/1600 The crown gave me a fleet of galleons to go take a port in India. I sent Richardo de Deus to Goa. I find spices seem to be the best profit in the game normally. So off he went...slow but steady. Well I will atleast get a port so I can eventually make some profit when I have enough capacity to use the route.

9/1600 My fourth ship, the Corvo, was comissioned. I Placed it in the third fleet, placing both Sloops together. Even though this makes the third fleet a little slower, the difference is not enough to matter. This fourth ship makes my trade amount to be over 100 at 108 tons each way. Profits are way up and I started another schooner.

12/1600 Antisipating the need for the Xebec sooner or later and the fact that I received alot of profit so far, I bought the plans. I probably could have bought the plans for the flute at this rate, might still.

#######Rewritten for new game with Directors Cut#######

Last edited:
With the books of his finacial plan open, Darmicus, frowns a bit, "It's a costly decision to start on Flutes this soon after the start of the company, but I believe they are the future. They are very slow but 1 ship can carry three times the load of a schooner and more then a fleet of sloops. Its a risk, not even sure I we will have the cash flow to fill the ship. But we must try to expand and expand as quickly as we can. I hdecided to buy the plans for this ship and order my first one. May God bless this company, or else we might fail before we get started going well. The short trading route to Jadida has been a miracle working route and I plan to continue to use it to make as much money as I can with it. I cant see sending a ship to india yet, its too much of a gamble where we have almost a sure thing with the Jadida route. We do have that fleet given by the crown to get a port in India, so until I have a few flutes, I plan to trade as much locally as I can, it might be that I will not have enough trade items in Lisbon to keep this up, but we will try."

2/1601 My fifth ship the Carmo was comissioned. Placed this ship with the other schooner. My books don't balance. (I dont think the books are recording buying ships. I bought 2 sloops at 15k each, 2 schooners at 25k each and the plans for 60k...thats 140k and ther books show 60k....So instead of almost 200k profit it should be like 120k...but that is still excellent profit this early in the game...hate how the speed changes when you do certain things. This is a very iratating property of the game is a thing that should be fixed, IMO. If I want to stop the clock and read the information screens, I should be able to and not have to worry that if I close one the clock starts again. I lost a month just because I did that and didnt realize the clock started again. Started buying Iron Wares for Goa. Want to make a level 3 port there ASAP )

5/1601 Due to little left to trade from Lisbon and the need to get some Iron wares to Goa, I sent the 3 fleets full so I can make the port to increase my fleet size faster.

7/1601 Goa is now under company control. Recieved the bonus.

8/1601 The first Flute for our fleet arrived today. Started a second flute. I put this flute in a new fleet with Pedro Mendez, a fine captain that is great at navigating the waters. Until the other ships come back, this ship will do runs to Jadida.

9/1601 The Chagas is put into a new fleet and the 6th schooner is purchased. The Chagas captain is a fresh cadet but he will probably only command this ship until the other schooners return, but short runs to Jadida will atleast be good practice for now. The cutter just arrived in India at the port of Cochin. Going to bring 10 pounds of tea back, soon I should be drinking Earl Grey produced from this venture. So It took about 5 months to go one way. We will need to see if its worth the trip really when it returns.

10/1601 The cutter and sloops arrive in Goa. Started construction of port level 1. put all the iron wares into the warehouse.

11/1601 The Schooners arrived and unloaded and loaded up all fleets with spices. Sent back to Lisbon.

Note 1: Portugal is closest nation to all ports. It is not in the Med where you have to come through the narrrow Straights of Gibraltor (probably misspelled) where 1 fleet of warships can devistate your fleets of traders. Also the round trip from Lisbon to Jadida is less then 1 month when ships are not in autotrade mode. So I would expect having to build your trade fleet up alot slower with another nation.

shot_2_11_2009__13_54_11_A.jpg

___________________1601__________1600__________All Time
Subtotal__________-21,822_______195,255__________173,403
Ships____________-150,000_______-80,000_________-230,000
Balance__________-171,822_______115,255__________-56,597

Last edited:
It's New Years Eve in the company headquarters and people are working hard even this late in the year. Alot has change in the first two years. Where availble funds are about two-thirds where the company started with, there still has been a large growth in a short time. From 1 ship, the company now has 6 (1 Cutter, 2 Sloops, 2 Schooners and 1 Flute). The company still has not received any merchandise from India, but local trading has kept the comapny from losing alot, with purchase of ships and plans for ships. The company has had over 1000 tons of import and export goods. We will have to see how the stock holders respond to these developments. There is little piracy and we are still on okay terms with the other nations as far as we know, but mother nature is never a friend forever.

( There is still so much to do and alot of decisions we will have to make, but the goal right now is continue to do as much trading as possible to increase our profits and prepare for the outragous prices of merchandise from India. Ofcoarse we will get outrageous profit, but round trip voyages to India are in the neighborhood of a year in time, so we need to prepare for these so we can keep the books in the black. Also we want enough money to fill the ships with MTIs and any other items we can fit on the boats.
Eventually I want to get galleons but the 150k research cost will need to wait till I can afford it. They will be excelent escourts for the Flutes the company is starting to make. )

2/1602 Our second Flute Arrived. The Nathalia was placed under the Command of Amdre Assis, another captain that knows how to haggle prices.

5/1602 The Fleets returned from Goa with the first loads of spices. The shipyard in Goa receach level 2. Started upgrading to level 3. Started making a third Schooner in Goa. With all the fleets in Lisbon I am re-organizing the fleets. Making up Convoys for easy organization and for roleplay. I have bought what I could and loaded the ships the best I could.

Convoy Alice will be my main fleet for India Trips. It will contain 3 Fleets. Eventually Each Fleet will be made of 3 Flutes and 2 Galleons. I will use the convoy to gather ships from Goa Port When they are ready, I am hoping with such large loads the captains will gain experience fast. But to start with the fleets will contain just 1 Flute. I have 2 flutes built and another one due in 3 months. Convoy Bella will be my local and West Africa Convoy.

Fleet Alice 1 - Amdre Assis - Haggler - 1x Flute
Fleet Alice 2 - Gasper Amorim - Salesman - 1x Flute
Fleet Alice 3 - Acacio Paixao - Organizer - 1x Schooner (Temporary)

Fleet Bella 1 - Nuno Gomez - Haggler -2x Sloop
Fleet Bella 2 - Paullo Afonso - Salesman - 1x Schooner

Fleet Cara 1 - Pedro Mendez - Navigator - 1x Cutter

Sent Alice to Goa, Bella to Tabou and Cara to Jadida

8/1602 Third Flute ready. This will replace the Schooner commanded by Captain Paixao. That Schooner will replace the 2 sloops Nuno Gomez commands which will be added to Fleet Cara. But all in good time. for now..added to fleet Cara. Convo Bells arrived and sent to Accra.

9/1602 Third Schooner ready. Started construction on fourth. Waiting on Fleet Alice 3 to added schooner to for voyage to Lisbon.

10/1602 Shipyard level 3 reached in Goa. Convoy Bella Arrived in Accra and departed after trading back to home Port.

11/1602 Fleet Alice 3 arrived in Goa. The schooner in the shipyard was added to this fleet. This fleet is now waiting for the rest of the Convo Alice in our Port.

1/1603 balance is about 204,400 pounds. Will figure books again after I post the balance at the end of this year. Looks like we made a little profit, but we will see. Fleet Bell Arrived and trade. Sent Fleet Bella to Benguela to trade for diamonds.

2/1603 Another Flute came out of Lisbon Shipyards. The Fleets continue to grow.

3/1603 Fleet Bella Arrived in Benguela and traded. The ships are heading back to home Port.

4/1603 The rest of Convo Alice arrived in Goa and sold. The plan is for each fleet to take back a full load fo 1 different MTI. One will do Tea, one porcelain and the other silk. This should complete all the requirements for our main mission besides sinking of 1 ship.

5/1603 Fleet Alice 3 with changed captain Gasper Amorim set sail to homeport

6/1603 Fleet Bella Arrived in Lisbon. After a breif stop to goto the auction house, the convoy departed to african ports for diamonds.

7/1603 A Flute was built in Goa. Started building an Xebec. After filling its hull with Dyes, it set sailed to Aceh to meet the rest of Convoy Alice.

8/1603 Convo Alice starts it way back from Aceh to their lovely Lisbon.

10/1603 Convoy Bella arrived in Nepal, after a breif rest the crew set sail back, with the hulls full of gems.

12/1603 Fleet Alice 3 arrives back in Lisbon and so did Convoy Bella. reorganized the fleets and sent them off. With the profits fron the tea and diamonds, the company bought the plans for Galleon Construction, Galleon started in Lisbon after receiving a Xebec.

shot_4_11_2009__12_29_47_A.jpg

____________________1603__________1602___________1601__________1600_________All Time
Subtotal___________740,954_______335,672________-21,822_______195,255________1,250,029
Ships_____________-270,000______-275,000_______-150,000_______-80,000_________-775,000
Balance___________470,954________60,672_______-171,822_______115,255__________475,029

Last edited:
As Darmicus Parlos puts the last entires in his books for the year 1603 he studies the figures a little then opens up last years and compares them. A big gain in profit, last year the books end close to the starting cash. Sales were up close to 100% making up for the lack of rewards given by the crown, most of the cost of operation of the company has stayed about the same, even with adding alot more ships to the fleet.

"Our fleets are starting to grow in size and getting to where we want, another few years and we will have these fleets filled out and should be able to start fleets for fighting or more fleets to expand our trading. We have enough funds to fill the convoy heading toward India and Africa, maybe...will we be able to keep all the fleets running at 100% loads, I dont think so...but we will do the best we can...We have two main convoys running at about 40% manned and equipted"

On a chart it shows:

Fleet Alice 1 - Amdre Assis - Haggler - 1x Flute - Traveling from Goa to Lisbon
Fleet Alice 2 - Acacio Paixao - Organizer - 2x Flute - Traveling from Goa to Lisbon
Fleet Alice 3 - Gasper Amorim - Salesman - 3x Flute - Traveling from Lisbon to Tabou

Fleet Bella 1 - Nuno Gomez - Haggler - 1x Xebec, 2x Schooner - Traveling from Lisbon to GoA
Fleet Bella 2 - Paullo Afonso - Salesman - 2x Schooner - Traveling from Lisbon to Goa

Fleet Cara 1 - Pedro Mendez - Navigator - 1x Cutter, 2x Sloop - Trading between Lisbon and Jadida

Xebec in Goa, 2 in production
Galleon in Production in Lisbon

1/1604 As Fleet Alice 3 was leaving to Tabou a wealthy merchant asked us to make a special pickup of gold. So this fleet will goto Accra after Tabou.

3/1604 Another Xebec arrived in Goa, these Xebecs await the arrival of Convoy Bella. Fleet Alice 3 arrived in Tabou loaded up Ivory and set off for Accra. Fleet Alice 3 arrived in Accra, got a load of gold and headed back to Lisbon.

7/1604 Convoy Bella Arrived in Goa. Another Xebec arrived in Goa. added the Xebecs to both fleets of Convoy Bella, they now have 2 Xebecs and 2 Schooners eached. Ordered 3 Flutes in Goa to Fill Convoy Alice. Convoy Bella filled their hulls with Spices and Headed back to Lisbon. Fleet Alice 3 arrived in Lisdbon, traded ans waiting for the rest of Convoy Alice to arrive, they are a month or 2 out. Ordered 2 more schooners in Lisbon.

8/1604 First Galleon Arrived in time to see the rest of Convoy Alice. Convoy Alice was evened out to 2 Flutes each, with 1 with a galleon. With the sales from this convoy, We recieved our first million award. Sent convoy back to Goa...hopefully a few flutes will be ready to add to them when they get there.

10/1604 Lvl 2 Trading post complete in Goa, Lvl 3 started.

12/1604 Schooner made in Lisbon.Flute made in Goa.

_____________1604______1603_______1602_______1601______1600_____All Time
Subtotal___957,568____740,954____335,672_____-21,822___195,255____2,207,597
Ships_____-275,000___-270,000___-275,000____-150,000___-80,000___-1,050,000
Balance____682,568____470,954_____60,672___-171,822____115,255____1,157,597

His board now looks like this:

Fleet Alice 1 - Amdre Assis - Haggler - 2x Flutes, 1x Galleon - Traveling from Lisbon to Goa
Fleet Alice 2 - Acacio Paixao - Organizer - 2x Flutes - Traveling from Lisbon to Goa
Fleet Alice 3 - Gasper Amorim - Salesman - 2x Flutes - Traveling from Lisbon to Goa

Fleet Bella 1 - Nuno Gomez - Haggler - 2x Xebecs, 2x Schooners - Traveling from Goa to Lisbon
Fleet Bella 2 - Paullo Afonso - Salesman - 2xXebecs, 2x Schooners - Traveling from Goa to Lisbon

Fleet Cara 1 - Pedro Mendez - Navigator - 1x Cutter, 2x Sloop - Trading between Lisbon and Jadida

1 Flute in Goa, 2 on order
1 Schooner in Lisbon, 1 on Order

Last edited:
With the books finished, Darmicus Parlos, writes a report to the crown showing them the great progress made by the company. Many things to point out, Ther company has made over one million pounds of profit within the first five years with all the profit from the last two years. We constructed thirteen merchant ships and five more warships. The shipyards are ordered to produce the rest of the merchant ships for both Convoy Alice and Convoy Bella and should be done within the year. Then 5 more galleons will be needed to finish the warships for these convoys. Fleet Carra will need 1 cutter and 1 sloop to be full to finish off the first 6 fleets. With no piracy yet and no wars or hostilities with the other companies, this company is doing great. Our company had over three times the ships of the next company and getting close to having as many ships as all the other companies combined.

With so much cash in the bank right now, one would ask, what can we do with it? Well that is a good question, right now our shipyards are producing ships as fas as possible. We are in the process of upgrading Goa to be a beneficial port and a base where we can have ships ready for anything we decide to do with them. After these fleets are done we will have to figure out how many more we can support before our main port can handle. If we build to many merchant fleets and we will drive down prices on everything low enough where trade routes will not provide enough profit for our assets.

So we have alot to think about but the next couple years are planned, atleast our production is, and until the crown lets us attack our neighbors we have little to do but to keep trading and building up our fleet.

Happy 5th birthday Company!

Last edited:
Wow, you produced quite an amount of text here and that's only like 2 years of gameplay. It's really good material for people who are starting with this game. I will be checking this one out.

Regarding your question:
didn't think a ship with the speed of 16 would slow down a ship with the speed of 14

If the crew of the 16 ship is composed of unskilled rookies and the crew on the 14 ship is all elite sea wolves, the 14 ship is perfectly capable of outpacing the 16 ship. The maximum speed bonus from experience is 25% which means 14 ship will get up to 17,5 speed with the most experienced crew. Experience is gained by sailing and visiting ports to resupply on the strategic map... so all your ships should keep moving. The bonus is also applicable to manouvre and speed on the tactical level so experienced ships are more agile and faster during battles. A very good thing to have for every ship, but especially SOLs.

1/1605 Convoy Bella arrivesd back into Lisbon with a little fan fair. As soon as it does a new schooner is added to this almost complete group. After the visit to the auction hall and resupplying. Decided to send this convoy to Tabou so that when the last Schooner is made it can be added to it completing this Convoy.

4/1605 Last Schooner for now made. Started a Sloop and a cutter to finish off Fleet Carra.

6/1605 Placed the last Schooner in Convoy Bella and sent it off to Goa. The sloop was added to Fleet Cara and the Cutter is being produced now.

7/1605 A second Flute is waiting for Convo Alice in Goa. Last Flute is being constructed. Galleons will be next on the list. Convoy Alice arrived in Goa. Sent convoy Alice to Jeddah to buy coffee after adding the 2 flutes.

8/1605 The Cutter is finished, started construction of more Galleons for Convoy Alice. Cutter added to Fleet Cara filling that Fleet.

After a long night at the office, Mr. Parlos lay in his bed sound asleep, he often worked late and slept in a few extra hours in the morning to make up for it, but not this morning. A large rapping at the door woke him up not in the best of moods, but when he answered it and found the King's guard summoning him to court, he quickly dressed in his finest suit and was escourted to the audience chamber.
Not knowing if this was good or bad, he was kinda nervous as he waited his turn to see the king. After several minutes of various court activity he was called to be presented to the king. After he bowed to the king he was asked to kneel. "For outstanding service to the crown and Portugal, I hearby grant you the title of Count of Goa. Your knowlegable and overwelming success in promoting trade and bringing the luxuries to Portugal that other courts are still dreaming of has raised the standing of Portugal in the eyes of the rest of the world."
After that he was ushered out to a another man who gave him a deed to a farm outside of Lisbon. "Your reward for loyal service." With a big smile he headed back to the office, now definately wide awake he started to mumble to himself, "I cant wait to tell Allilynn of this. This will make her day." (Received my 5th award, Import Specialist.)

10/1605 Convoy Alice arrived in Jeddah, after selling and buying all the coffee the port had to offer, the fleet headed to Zanzibar to purchase furs.

11/1605 Received the Exporting Specialist Award.

12/1605 Convoy Alice arrived in Zanzibar. Sent the convoy to Mozambique. Convoy Bella arrived in Goa. Will send Convo Bella to Mozambique to deliver the last flute to Convoy Alice.

(Please note that I could actually be getting more profit if I could merge fleets, but I am trying to avoid the error you get when you do this so that is why I split up convoys so many times.)

shot_5_11_2009__10_53_28_A.jpg

_______________1605________1604_________Prev_________All Time
Subtotal_____458,846______957,568____1,250,029________2,666,443
Ships_______-180,000_____-275,000_____-775,000_______-1,230,000
Balance_____278,846______682,568______475,029________1,436,443

Fleet Alice 1 - Amdre Assis - Haggler - 3x Flutes, 1x Galleon - Traveling from Zanzibar to Mozambique
Fleet Alice 2 - Acacio Paixao - Organizer - 3x Flutes - Traveling from Zanzibar to Mozambique
Fleet Alice 3 - Gasper Amorim - Salesman - 2x Flutes - Traveling from Zanzibar to Goa

Fleet Bella 1 - Nuno Gomez - Haggler - 2x Xebecs, 3x Schooners - In Goa
Fleet Bella 2 - Paullo Afonso - Salesman - 2x Xebecs, 3x Schooners - In Goa

Fleet Cara 1 - Pedro Mendez - Navigator - 2x Cutter, 3x Sloop - Trading between Lisbon and Jadida

1 Flute in Goa, 1 Galleon on order
1 Galleon on Order in Lisbon

Last edited:
Nice, gratz on Xebecs. :)

Hmmmm....should I get the expansion and start over...or continue this game without the expansion. Tough question....doyubt this save will work with the expansion.

My save game worked after installing the expansion. Granted, it's a bit different, and that might affect your gameplay. At any rate, after I finished installing, I was able to hit the Continue Campaign just like I normally would.

Anyway, great read so far, azedalis. Keep it up no matter which direction you decide to go with the Director's Cut. Also. would you mind posting a screenshot of your fleet?

I have rewritten or deleted all post from the original AAW, All post now are from a game using the Director's Cut. I could have just continued on with this AAW with Director's cut, but this is an experiment also. They said more experience to captains for trading, can that be used to get good captains for trading?

Well so far trading has not raised 1 captain 1 level in the first 6 years...so experience must be very small. As hinted, I have rewritten the first 6 years so please reread all my posts previous to this one. I was hoping as much as I have traded, over 20,000 tons (got both the import and export awards for over 10,000 each), some experience would be shown.

Last edited:
From the diary of Count Parlos:
We wed on Christmas eve, Allilynn was so happy with the news of my title we moved up the wedding. The bells were ringing in all of Lisbon that night, the light snowfall in the morning made it a special day and the guests were all delighted to see our bliss. I have assigned more duties to my secretary as we planned a honeymoon in the Canaries. On a side note, we were asked to bring a diplomatic package to the spanish deligate there. There has been much hope that the canaries could gain citizenship in either Portugal or Spain in the future, but this is none of my concern for now, I am just the messenger.

1/1606 Convoy Bella left Goa in route to Lisbon. Fleet Cara provided my and Countess Parlos transportation for our honeymoon in the Canaries and for the diplomatic pouch to the Canaries.

2/1606 Fleet Cara took us back to Lisbon after a couple weeks on the islands. Alice Fleet 3 reached Goa and left as soon as the last flute was ready to go, it left for Mozambique where the rest of the convoy waits for them. Our Navy is now considered medium with 25 ships (our 7th Award not including the title count).

4/1606 A galleon is completed in Lisbon. Another started. Trading post level 4 completed in GoA.

5/1606 Fleet 3 joined the rest of Convoy Alice and filled their hulls to the brim with more furs. Then they set out for Lisbon.

8/1606 Convoy Bella Arrived in Lisbon.

9/1606 A galleon constructed in Goa, started another. Convoy Bella left for Goa.

12/1606 A Galleon was constructed in Lisbon, started another.

1/1607 The crown lifts the restriction for attacking other companies. Will determine profit for the year at the end of this one.

2/1607 Convoy Bella arrived in Lisbon and sold the spices it bought. As soon as she was ready for the trip back to Goa, she departed.

3/1607 Convoy Alice arrived in Lisbon and sold off her large amount of furs and coffee, making for almost 4 million pound free cash for the company. She left for Goa as soon as the fleet had replenished its stocks.

5/1607 As the latest Galleon arrives in Goa, another is started.

7/1607 Convoy Bella arrived in Goa, sold and departed for Aceh to by Porcelain. After rriving the convoy fill her hulls and started the trip back to Lisbon.

8/1607 The wooden hull of the newest in the long line of Galleons arrived in Lisbon. This ship started a new fleet commanded by Ricardo Gil an experienced sea captain know to rout the Enemy and will never surrender ships he commands.

12/1607 Convoy Alice arrived in Goa and sold and started to fill her hulls with spices, she added the two waiting Galleons and plans to wait till the new year is over to add the final galleon to her fleets. She bought over 1000 tons of spices so profits will look down.

shot_5_11_2009__15_15_16_A.jpg

_______________1607________1606_________Prev_________All Time
Subtotal_____437,364____1,063,550____2,266,443________4,167,357
Ships_______-150,000_____-225,000___-1,230,000_______-1,605,000
Balance_____287,364______838,550_____1,436,443________2,562,357

Fleet Alice 1 - Amdre Assis - Haggler - 3x Flutes, 2x Galleons - In Goa
Fleet Alice 2 - Acacio Paixao - Organizer - 3x Flutes, 2x Galleons - In Goa
Fleet Alice 3 - Gasper Amorim - Salesman - 3x Flutes, 1x Galleon - In Goa

Fleet Bella 1 - Nuno Gomez - Haggler - 2x Xebecs, 3x Schooners - Sailing from Aceh to Lisbon
Fleet Bella 2 - Paullo Afonso - Salesman - 2x Xebecs, 3x Schooners - Sailing from Aceh to Lisbon

Fleet Cara - Pedro Mendez - Navigator - 2x Cutter, 3x Sloop - Trading between Lisbon and Jadida

Fleet Dalna - Ricardo Gil - Rout, No Surrender - 1x Galleon - In Lisbon

1 Galleon on order in Goa
1 Galleon on order in Lisbon

Last edited:
Darmicus studies the account books and then his board and says, "The company is shaping up nicely. As we speak in India, the last Galleon is being added to Convoy Alice. We have started a fleet for any offensive actions we want to preform now that te crown gave us permission last year. Profits could be higher, but our balance has bee growing steady year by year for the last six of our 8 years in business. We are well ahead of our goals set by the crown since we have transported probably ten times the goods asked for from India. What should we do now?"

Looking at his board again he says, "Two things I would like to do, I believe. First is to replace the Captain of Fleet Dalna. We need a real seasoned captain for this fleet. Second, I think I want to add a fleet to Convo Bella. If we add a fleet with a person more experienced with organizing the load we could increase the convoys effieicency by alot. Right now we average 360 tons in the two fleets, a third fleet would bring it upto 540 tons." And after a few calculations by hand on a scratch sheet of paper, continues to talk to himself, "And someone who can organize the inventory better would bring it to close to 650 tons. Thats would increase the capacity of the convoy by about 80%, well worth it for 50% the cost of maintenance increase."

"Hmmm, I believe Convoy Bella is due in at any time now, lets see what we can do about these things. We can send word for Goa to start producing the extra ships there, while we here continue to produce ships for Fleet Dalna her in Lisbon."

1/1608 After posting several fliers and visiting a few more popular venues of the captains and sailors in Lisbon, less popular to the normal residents, the company hired two new captains and let go of Ricardo Gil. The first Captain to be hired was Amrrique Annes, an older sea captain, but well renowned as a excellent Captain, he specializes in Navigation including setting the sails to catch the best wind, routing the enemy, knowing how to order a devistating shot, commanding the attacks on ports and will never serender his ships. The company was pleased to have such a knowledgable Captain. The second captain was hired after Convoy Bella returned to port. His name is Gyimaraes Lourenco and is specialized in organizing the loading of the fleet like we wanted. We reorganized the ships in Convoy bella so that each fleet had two schooners and atleast one xebec. We also added the last galleon to Convoy Alice and started making 3 schooners in Goa. We bought a few more tons of spices in for Convoy Alice and sent the fleets to Bombay and then Surrat to see if they can buy more spices with which we are trying to fill the hulls with. With over 2000 tons of spices aboard Convoy Alice, it leaves India to Lisbon.

4/1608 the second Galleon for Fleet Dalna is made. Started the third.

5/1608 The first of three schooners to add to Convoy Bella made in Goa.

7/1608 Convoy Bella arrived in Goa, sold all and departed to Aceh to buy Porcelain. Plainning on leaving 1 fleet with 1 ship in it to collect the new ships from Goa.

9/1608 Filled the ships with all the porcelain Aceh had, sailing back to Goa, 2nd Schooner ready in Goa.

10/1608 Fleet Bella arrived back to Goa, added the new schooner and filled up ready to return to Lisbon.

12/1608 Fleet Dalna got its 3rd Galleon, this should be a fairly good fighting fleet now. Convoy Alice arrived just in time to sell before the closing of the books for this year. Before selling free cash was close to just 1 million pounds, after over 5.3 million pounds! The finacial report shows a 2.7 million pound profit before the purchase of ships.

1/1609 The third Schooner is built. Will start 2 Xebecs to complete convoy Bellas new fleet. The crown has Asked us to eliminate a pirate threat near Port Louis. I accepted. I am hoping to get Convoy Alice to Goa then organize a fleet to take on this pirate threat. These 2 Xebecs and 3 galleons should be a nice fleet to take on anything. Actually I think I will send Fleet Dalna there for this after I attempt to take the Canaries.

2/1609 Fleet Dalna suceesfully took the Canaries, I imediately started increasing the garrison and sent Fleet Dalna back to Lisbon to fill up on marines so they will be ready to fight pirates. Now I know you all are wondering why I took the Canaries, well my idea is to take the Canaries, Port Verde, Jadida and Tabou and fortify them. By holding them I will cripple most the other companies because they will not be able to resupply close to their home port. this should slow down their trade. Yes. this will be costly in terms of maintenance, but if I maintain a good amount of trade, it should not make too much of an impact on me comapred to the drop in trade speed of all the other companies. Only thing I need in these ports is garrisons and forts, All other buildings can be destroyed if possible to lower the upkeep cost.

Then I can start taking over other ports, mostly in India so that I can hog most of the trade from there further crippling them. Not sure I can cripple them totally, but if they have few ports to trade from, so much the better.

Fleet Dalna arrived in Lisbon, after taking on more sailors and marines, Fleet Dalna headed to Natal.

5/1609 First Xebec finished in Goa, Garrison level 2 finished in the Canaries, started Garrison level 3 in the canaries and the level 1 fort is still being built. I feel a level 1 fort and level 3 garrison will be strong enough to hold any port until frigates enter service, then I will probably need to goto a level 2 fort in each port. and so on. Fleet Bella arrived inLisbon, sold , loaded and set sail back to Goa.

6/1609 Level 1 Fort finished in the Canaries. Fleet Dalna aarives in Natal and heads toward port louis in search of the pirates.

8/1609 Galleon constructed in Lisbon.

9/1609 Fleet Dalna while sailing at night near Port Louis spotted sails in the distance. The fleet quickly closed on it. With Canons ready the fleet turned to offer broadsides to silute of a ship. After a round fired at us, all three ships opened fire. and after two or 3 volleys the enemy surrenders. A lonely pirate cutter is capture. The captain frowned with disappointment of the lack of fight from the pirate ship and what a small vessel made so much trouble for our crown. Fleet Dalna heads back to homeport. the last Xebec needed for Convoy Bella is constructed. Both Lisbon and Goa start galleon construction.

11/1609 Convoy Alice arrived in Goa abd sold, sailing to Cochin and then to Madras to buy tea.

12/1609 Convoy Bella arrived in Goa and is now fully equipted and manned. Convoy Bella departed to Yanam, Vizagapatam and maybe Calcutta to buy silk.

Last edited:
I am going susspend this AAR until the game is patched. Can't stand that I have to waste new ships abilities becuase I can't merge fleets because of the crash it causes during saves and autosaves. I thought they would fix this in a timely manner like most paradox games, but this doesn't seem to be the case. It is not like this game is as complex as HOI3 or something.