• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
acci_dent said:
So... if I stay at my current speed and end up actually finishing this... we're going to wait 5.114155252 years for me to finish. Right?
Take a look at the first and last post in CitizenPaul's ongoing AAR, and then see if you really need to worry.

-Pat

This time with feeling

September 11th (!)
No word from either merchant sent to Venice. Failure suspected.

September 15th
A man by the name of Vasco da Gama offers to help with the exploration of Newfoundland. His fleet of 3 warships is sent to Cape Verde to begin his expedition. (I only found him on this date, he actually probably appeared on January the 1st, but oh well.)

September 20th
Word from Andalusia: Spain has started to retake it's provinces from the failing rebellion. The rebel controlled cities are being sieged and order is slowly returning. Artois and Luxemburg are still stuck in a limbo
between Spain and The French Alliance; changing owners frequently.

September 28th
Word is received from Senegal. The colony was successfully expanded on the 25th. The population now numbers about 240 people.

October 14th
The Atlantic Squadron arrived in Tangiers. It picked up 2000 footmen and 2000 cavalry to be given to Camões and headed back to Senegal.

December 22nd
Word from Senegal. Camões arrived back on the 19th. He has successfully mapped a route from Senegal to Nouakchott. The province in between he has named Louga and has told us he has spotted many elephant and believes there is a good supply of ivory there. We send a trader to Louga to set up a trading post and maintain the route from Senegal to Nouakchott.

Well that sure was a piss-weak update... The next one'll be much better.

J. Passepartout said:
I don't remember, do explorers usually show up on the first of the year in EU1?
I've only noticed leaders and monarchs showing up on New Year's Day, except for those wacky Brits. Even there, I seem to recall, the leaders are 1 Jan.

-Pat

Seems like the colonisation is going well. I guess Portugal not having any interest in Europe can be both a good and a bad thing. While it may have been wise to take at least Andalusia from Spain, staying neutral can make it easy to just explore and colonise, which seems to be your goal.

Any chance you start to send you conquistador to Brazil and start to colonise there?

CSK said:
Any chance you start to send you conquistador to Brazil and start to colonise there?
I've been reading his "Newfoundland" as meaning our Brazil. A nice twist, btw.

-Pat

Mmm, Spain and me are the only two nations with colonies. Spain's colonies are also pretty dodgy, only a few in the Caribbean.

I might have interest in Europe later on. It hasn't even hit 1500 yet, still along way to go. My next conquistador will head to Brazil.

Didn't Newfoundland refer to all of The Americas during th... nope. Just looked it up on wikipedia, it's only some stupid island. Well, there goes that name. I 'spose I'll call it Brazil from now on.

Seems like the exploration and colonization is going very well. Also the Spanish has started to defeat the rebels and that is good. Nice update :)

Ohhhh holy hell. Again my almost refusal to back up files has fucked me over. I just saved over my only Portugal save. Is there a way to undo this via fancy schmancy technical bizzo or will this AAR fall straight down with all the other ones that don't get updated anymore?

Bgeh...

Oh well, never mind. No one would remember the AAR in a hundred years so in the long run, it really doesn't matter. I could still type up the last little bit I've got written down. Goes up to 1500, two more years.

Last edited: