• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AI_Programmer

Recruit
2 Badges
Jun 21, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
For the love of god, i love this game, been playing it since the 1st version, and i even had one account created here in 2004 but i somehow lost the email... anyways sry for the boring start - as an history master degree in portuguese modern history myself, it always pains me to see the Canary islands start as terra incognita for portugal in 1444, because it was portuguese explorers who arrived 1st at the island and actually claimed it, but Infante D. Henrique was very strectched out exploring the rest of the african coast so a colony was never really established there, so the castille then claimed it causing a huge tension between both countries. Please look into this, and make the Canary Islands terra aberta for portugal in 1444.

• 2Like
Reactions:
hate to break it to you, but this is what it says in the files for the Canary islands
1402.1.1 = {
discovered_by = western
discovered_by = muslim
discovered_by = ottoman
discovered_by = CAS
As you can see, everyone from the western tech group should know about these islands, including Portugal.
I am afraid it looks like this is leftover legacy code and all vision is probably given automatically upon start-up, alike how armies are distributed.
There is probably no way to change what Portugal can see at the start of the game anymore, at least not without breaking most of the game.

Reactions:
hate to break it to you, but this is what it says in the files for the Canary islands

As you can see, everyone from the western tech group should know about these islands, including Portugal.
I am afraid it looks like this is leftover legacy code and all vision is probably given automatically upon start-up, alike how armies are distributed.
There is probably no way to change what Portugal can see at the start of the game anymore, at least not without breaking most of the game.
Haven't checked the files myself but it's possible than when Tenerife was added as a separate province the devs didn't add the "discovered by" lines on its history file.