Pops being re-assimilated after I genetically modified them, even though they were already assimilated

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DaringD5

Private
May 17, 2020
I'm playing a Driven Assimilator, and I gene modded one of my cyborg species to add the talented trait. As soon as the project was complete, every pop of that species became unemployed, but the unemployment didn't show up on the outliner, so I hadn't noticed until I got the pop up that allows you to have criminal jobs on your planets or increase pop consumer goods upkeep. I looked at the species in the species menu and saw that their rights were 'Assimilation' rather than 'Machine Integration', so they were being assimilated, even though they were already assimilated?? It fixed as soon as I changed the rights.

Upvote 0
I can confirm this one, I've had it happen with more than one biologic species in an Assimilator playthrough.

It seems like when you modify a species to a new template, the game thinks that new template is a whole new species.

I can also confirm this. You can work around by going and changing the rights to full citizenship for the species in question (at least under some circumstances, I ran into this not as a driven assimilator but as a formerly organic species that went synthetic), but it's annoying and still messes up your economy for a bit.