• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(6561)

History Professor
Nov 27, 2001
Visit site
Is it possible to script events that move POPs specifically or prod certain POPs to im/emmigrate?

Thanks!

AESHistory said:
Is it possible to script events that move POPs specifically or prod certain POPs to im/emmigrate?

Thanks!

Vickywiki answers all

You can add pops using the add_pop command

you can encourage pops to emigrate to colonies with the colonial_migration command

you can encourage minority pops to emigrate with the minority_emigration command

however with the last 2, it will depend on overall conditions in your nation. If you are running a healthy economy, even boosting the chances that pops will migrate to colonies or minorities will emigrate may not be enough to get them to actually move.

no commands to encourage immigration, that depends on the game environment you create for your nation relative to the AI nations

OHgamer said:
Vickywiki answers all

you can encourage pops to emigrate to colonies with the colonial_migration command

you can encourage minority pops to emigrate with the minority_emigration command

however with the last 2, it will depend on overall conditions in your nation. If you are running a healthy economy, even boosting the chances that pops will migrate to colonies or minorities will emigrate may not be enough to get them to actually move.

no commands to encourage immigration, that depends on the game environment you create for your nation relative to the AI nations

That should do it, assuming I can wrap my head around the coding (I'm not much of a coder... even with stuff as basic as coding a mod). I'm hoping to recreate the em/immigration period of Jews from Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and so on, but move it into the 19th century. Polonius (I think it was him) did a pretty solid job with with his mod, but I felt it needs a little more tweaking to make it historically plausible.

One last thing. I've looked on the Wiki, and while it is tremendously helpful, I haven't been able to find a regular list of event commands sort of like where the ones you mentioned above might be listed. I found an excellent description of how to write/code the events, but have I overlooked something?

Many thanks!!

AESHistory said:
That should do it, assuming I can wrap my head around the coding (I'm not much of a coder... even with stuff as basic as coding a mod). I'm hoping to recreate the em/immigration period of Jews from Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and so on, but move it into the 19th century. Polonius (I think it was him) did a pretty solid job with with his mod, but I felt it needs a little more tweaking to make it historically plausible.

One last thing. I've looked on the Wiki, and while it is tremendously helpful, I haven't been able to find a regular list of event commands sort of like where the ones you mentioned above might be listed. I found an excellent description of how to write/code the events, but have I overlooked something?

Many thanks!!

Okay, scratch that last request. I reread the event coding section and found the link in the text. My bad. Perhaps the folks who maintain the wiki could highlight that a bit better when they get a chance.... or maybe I could just read a little more carefully! ;)

Thanks!

OHgamer said:
Vickywiki answers all

LMAO, I am a dolt. I had assumed that the above link was to the Main Page of the Victoria Wiki, so I didn't click it at first--I had found the wiki not long after posting. But today I couldn't find the link really easily so I just clicked on yours, only to find out that you had given me the command list from the beginning..... ugh! Thank you! Now do you have an extra brain? :wacko:

But seriously, I do have a few questions. For instance, when emigration is kicked off, I know/think that the Pops are attracted to places with the most economic opportunites, right? Does having a similar culture factor in? For instance, would Russia's Ashkenazi Jews be any more inclined to go to Israel than, say, Swedish Protestants?

Many thanks!!

AFAIK there are no cultural elements used to determine emigration, simply economic ones and what the nation that rules the territory has in terms of things like plurality, residence policy and social reforms

OHgamer said:
AFAIK there are no cultural elements used to determine emigration, simply economic ones and what the nation that rules the territory has in terms of things like plurality, residence policy and social reforms

That was my feeling as well, but I wasn't sure.

Since I'm feeling fairly doltish already today, I figured I'd put this out there... I'm having a bear of a time getting my game to recognize my modded Pops. Right now I'm basically taking the Grand Campaign (I backed it up) and I'm trying to mod some files. However, nothing changes.... ever. If I change an exisiting Pop file it stays the same and if I add a file and change the campaign file to tell it to load it doesn't appear to load my new file. Here is a snippet of my Pop file:

-----
Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;Consciousness;Militancy;Size
364;Ashkenazic;Jewish;clerks;;;;1
364;Ashkenazic;Jewish;craftsmen;;;;2
364;Ashkenazic;Jewish;soldiers;;;;1
364;Ashkenazic;Jewish;farmers;;;;5
410;Ashkenazic;Jewish;clerks;;;;2
-----

Am I doing something wrong? What other info. can I or should I provide so that someone can help me with this.

It is frustrating because it seems like everyone can use these tools, but somehow I've managed to turn a simple task into the search for cancer....

Many thanks!