• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Generalisimo said:
ok, i will send that to devs too.
thanks.
:D

did you report this as a bug?
it is big one...
I reported it, but Johan said he wanted text files for the populations, not .csv...

Phillip V said:
I reported it, but Johan said he wanted text files for the populations, not .csv...

Text files are way easier to do than .csv. I did Brazil with text files, and the popgenerator, them I checked the csv, and made some 'fine-tuning'.

Any Status update on the .csv file reduction endeavour?

Very Important!!! Please Read!!!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Dark Knight said:
To be as precise as possible, the number in each POP line in the files is in thousands of working-age males and each working-age male is assumed to have three other people associated with him. So the total 'real' population of a country is 4000 times the sum of the numbers in the population files.
this is very important and must be taken into account when you mod a POP file...

I have question regarding POP mod

1. Why Ukrainians stay Orthodox - They should be rather Greek-catholic ?

I woudl like also add my 3 cents about Jews in Victoria and in POP mod

2. I see some mismatch with jewish cultures. Some times Jews have same culture as main country culture i.e. Turkish Jews, sometimes are called Sefardic or Ashkenazic etc

They were several jewish cultures.

In Southern Europe, Northern Africa and Midle East Sefardic all balkan countries, Italy, Turkey, Latin America as ENGLAND AND NETHERLANDS jews were sefardic
exceptions:
-very small number of assimilated Jews in England, Netherlands, Turkey which were more affiliated to local culture then traditional Sefardic culture
- Jews from mountains of Atlas which were the most linked with Berbers, small community of Jews living in mountains of Tunisia
- Jews in Persia, Afganistan and land of Kurdistan and Iraq, as some countries of India should be considered rather oriental Jews then Sefardi or Arab - that was another civilization
- Jews from Bukhara, Ethiopia, Jemen, mountains of Kaukaz had their very own, specific culture so should be called rather by their culture names then just Sefardi or Arab (Jews in Arab and ME countries never assimilated to Arab culture - more to colonizing country culture - French, English or New-Turkish in some period)

I dont have detailed numbers for Jewish pops in 1836 (I think then a lot of info may be in Yevryeyskaja Enciklopedya printed 1893 - 1917 but I have no acess to that)
so I cannot verify numbers but I could look and verify cultures, presence etc if anybody would like to correct it in nex POP mod edition

regards

Two questions:

1.) has someone corrected the Sinhalese in Ceylon to be Theravada Buddhists?

2.) has anyone compiled the whole of this POP modifying project into one downloadable zip that contains all of the .csv files and a text file that contains their name ready to be plugged into the .eug file?

ConcordantNexus said:
Two questions:

1.) has someone corrected the Sinhalese in Ceylon to be Theravada Buddhists?

2.) has anyone compiled the whole of this POP modifying project into one downloadable zip that contains all of the .csv files and a text file that contains their name ready to be plugged into the .eug file?
Check the first post...

Bug

I the current VIP (0.3smth) I still see the mistake in population of farmers in the province of Siedlce (Siedlice/Congress Poland), which is a result (I think) of a typo.

The outcome is a population of 2,2mln in this province, compared to 1,3mln in Warsaw. And it should be around 200k, like the rest of "farming provinces".

The line is:
Code:
410;Polish;Catholic;farmers;;;2;454
Should be:
Code:
410;Polish;Catholic;farmers;;;2;45

I haven't checked the d/l link for ages, especially that the VIP guys made it pretty clear that they will take care of the POPs in their own mod. POP-mod was sort of a gap-fill until the VIP was out and I guess that the d/l is no longer needed.

As to the compatibility - I have no idea. I guess the POP files are compatible with any version of Vicky, provided that you want the original files to be overwritten. They were no good so there isn't much harm, but still, there are some people out there who consider the vanilla files essential (don't ask me in what).
Cheers

VIP .3 has a whole new POP file naming scheme so it is not assured that this will be compatible.

Dominik said:
But in the latest VIP the same error remains. So I just marked the problem, not exactly in the old long-dead POPMod.
Oh your right! :( Ok uploaded a fix for the next RC

Bonkajs said:
I think, that you dont know nothing about ethnical and cultural situation in the Baltic states (Latvija, Lietuva, Eesti) :(
Could you be a tad more specific?
Cheers