• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
still struggling to have a decently smooth game, a simple one on one war between Burgundy and France in 1446 makes the game as slow as when you have a huge religious war in the 1550s. any news about putting 1.29.5 on the betas?

That is a shame, as we are going to struggle to get dev time to work on unsupported hardware. Still that's their decision, not mine, so I'll pass that info along.

I'l also see if I can get 1.29.5 put up in the betas tab.

My graphic specs are Radeon Pro 560 4 GB and I have the same issue. If there's no way to fix it, could you guys please put 1.29.5 in the betas? most of the mac users i know and speak with are finding it very difficult to play after the patch and it would be a nice...quality of life improvement (so to say) to be able to roll back and play smoothly. thank you and keep up the good work

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just recently got a 5k iMac and updated to Catalina and installed the game. The game looks amazing and if you hide the top bar and dock you can run it in borderless mode no issues. The problem is speed 5. It is significantly slower than it should be. It’s running about the same as i ran it a few years back on a 13 inch MacBook Pro with iris graphics. The iMac i have has an i5 8600 and 575X Radeon pro so it should be significantly faster. It’s surprising because Hearts of Iron 4 which usually runs slower runs blazing fast on this mac.

It seems to me that the game is not taking advantage of the CPU’s turbo or something, i dont know how to look for this in mac but i dont have one core saturated and on windows one core usually is at 100% when running at speed 5.

Rolling back to 1.28 fixes the speed issue. The speed issue is present in the latest patch on both Mojave and Catalina. The difference is 1 second per month tick at speed 5 tvs 4-5 seconds per month. They difference is quite substantial. Will this issue be looked at for the update?

I would hope and assume so.

@TinyWiking do you have more info on that?

will it allow me to play SP in ironman? i just want to finish the Revoke Privilegia game I was playing, with the current version the cpu can't handle all my vassals (since in 1700 it was slow enough in the previous one, i can't see how this one can improve)
I think that it does. I used this beta to create a single player ironman game with a RNW to test if the update from 1.29.5 to 1.29.6 breaks RNW. And this test game had achievements activated.
But you should make a backup of your save game so that you have something to go back to in case something goes wrong. Eu4 could for example behave differently if the save game was last saved with 1.29.6.

It is not fixed. Windows is running slow as well but the Mac issue is not fixed. How do I go about putting a ticket in for this issue? I have the latest iMac 27 with the highest specs you can buy at retail so it is not a Spec issue especially considering 1.28 runs like a breeze as does hearts of iron 4.

How do I go about putting a ticket in for this issue?
If you believe it is a game bug the the Bug Reports forum here would be the best place.

I Bootcamped my Mac and ran it on Windows 10. Now runs like a dream, would suggest this isn't an Intel Graphics card issue but a Catalina issue! Going to continue playing on Windows now! I'm over the moon! :)

Developers do not usually read this forum I'm afraid. Not to mention that the whole of Paradox are on their annual summer break at present!

I suggested upthread that a Bug Report thread be made for this, not sure if that happened ...