• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BlankMaple

Private
39 Badges
Apr 22, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
I love the game and understand that bugs are inevitable. But it has been more than 48 hours since reports of the speed bug that impacts everyone and makes the game unplayable for most.

I would expect at the very least some acknowledgement of the issue. Paradox is literally ignoring the whole console playerbase.

Paradox, I love your game. Please do better and don't take us and our money for granted.

• 4Like
Reactions:
here's the thing

and i'll say it again because people either forget or don't know

Paradox is NOT in charge of the console port

They have a third party company working on it, known as Tantalus [which has like 30 employees]

Any bug reports we give to them concerning the console edition have to be forwarded to Tantalus

Tantalus then has to look through the bug reports and try to replicate the issue on their end [most companies do this anyway] so that they can try and narrow down the cause

Asking Paradox for info on something they practically have 0 control over isn't helpful

The reason we haven't heard anything on this is because likely, Tantalus either hasn't figured out the problem, or they have and are exploring fixes that won't cause further issues

Reactions:
here's the thing

and i'll say it again because people either forget or don't know

Paradox is NOT in charge of the console port

They have a third party company working on it, known as Tantalus [which has like 30 employees]

Any bug reports we give to them concerning the console edition have to be forwarded to Tantalus

Tantalus then has to look through the bug reports and try to replicate the issue on their end [most companies do this anyway] so that they can try and narrow down the cause

Asking Paradox for info on something they practically have 0 control over isn't helpful

The reason we haven't heard anything on this is because likely, Tantalus either hasn't figured out the problem, or they have and are exploring fixes that won't cause further issues
I see your point, but Paradox takes the money, so ultimately is responsible for the customer service. BTW, Tantalus did amazing job on the console port.

I do not expect a quick fix or a timeline. Just an acknowledgement of the problem and a date of the next communication. There are probably still many people confused as for what's going on. I was for a while and ruined my Ironman game while trying to figure it out. A pinned comment in the forum would do the job.

Stellaris with all expansions is expensive. Worth the money IMO, but if you bought it recently, like I did, this is a very frustrating experience. Most people are stoic about this. Angry comments that I see online are usually from recent buyers.

And again, this is not some minor bug with limited impact and workarounds. So it should get an appropriate treatment.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I see your point, but Paradox takes the money, so ultimately is responsible for the customer service. BTW, Tantalus did amazing job on the console port.

I do not expect a quick fix or a timeline. Just an acknowledgement of the problem and a date of the next communication. There are probably still many people confused as for what's going on. I was for a while and ruined my Ironman game while trying to figure it out. A pinned comment in the forum would do the job.

Stellaris with all expansions is expensive. Worth the money IMO, but if you bought it recently, like I did, this is a very frustrating experience. Most people are stoic about this. Angry comments that I see online are usually from recent buyers.

And again, this is not some minor bug with limited impact and workarounds. So it should get an appropriate treatment.
You sir have hit the nail on the head I see so many new posts about this so a pinned post would be a good idea but 48hrs later we still have nothing even on Twitter

• 3Like
Reactions:
You sir have hit the nail on the head I see so many new posts about this so a pinned post would be a good idea but 48hrs later we still have nothing even on Twitter
Mobs with pitchforks are bad. But if we don't expect a better service, we simply won't get it.

I kind of understand why people who played Stellaris for years are not that bothered. But I'm new to the game and have just developed a strong taste for it :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
There's a hotfix scheduled to address game speed "surging" for early next week. :)
Great, thanks for the confirmation! I think it would be better if you acknowledged serious problems as soon as you become aware of them, before you have any timeline for a solution. But that's just my personal opinion :)

For now I'm happy the fix is coming soon.

• 2Like
Reactions: