• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The fact you can't open the command console outside text gore "debug mode" is a game killer. Why Paradox why? For the modder's sake please change this nonsense rule.

Well, to give them the benefit of the doubt; I think this is the first time they've pushed an update for the Xbox/Windows store. Hopefully the delay we have now will ensure that the devs get valuable experience for future updates.

Is this for real? Won't I be able to tag-switch in my normal non-Ironman game? That'd be a real bummer... :(

Yep, console seems to be disabled in the patch. Unfortunately no console kills the patch for me as it makes modding so much harder. No idea why they would do that. I guess I'll give Imperator another chance when 1.2 comes out.

Is this for real? Won't I be able to tag-switch in my normal non-Ironman game? That'd be a real bummer... :(

Yep, console seems to be disabled in the patch. Unfortunately no console kills the patch for me as it makes modding so much harder. No idea why they would do that. I guess I'll give Imperator another chance when 1.2 comes out.

you can "launch the game using -debug_mode launch command."
To enter a launch command: open steam > open properties for that game > then there is a button for "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." and then enter your command there.
For me the deal-breaker is not being able to edit saved games. And I'm not using the clunky Stellaris method; I stopped playing that too.

you can "launch the game using -debug_mode launch command."

For me the deal-breaker is not being able to edit saved games. And I'm not using the clunky Stellaris method; I stopped playing that too.

I enjoy playing with console commands. If all debug mode does is re-enable console commands, then that's great, though a bit clunky, but otherwise this sadly isn't a solution.

I also seam unable to open the steam overlay or take steam screenshots. Did not notice this until now lol. This patch added a lot of things that I really like put they have to take another look at all these very odd things.

On a side note, does any one have a strategy to deal with pirates? After the patch they are EVERYWHERE!

im pretty sure there are a lot of "known issues" that arnt listed in these patchnotes. i suppose you can argue sscemantics over what is an "issue" though. But the warscore for battles thing for one; it sounds neat that each battle no longer gives a flat +1 score, the notes says it can give more than 1, but i have only ever seen them give much lower than 1, usually its 0.0x warscore.. countries run out of manpower and cohorts before either side can reach the 10 warscore from battles in a superiority war. judging by staff posts earlier, they knew about this particular issue at least since sunday. maybe it was lost in the post-midsummer haze. maybe tehse are all opaque summer-vacation memes...

I suppose i was lucky to never end up in a superiority war in my beta games.

What a nice improve compared to the release. Very nice patch.
Many more possible actions and interactions. Need some more, but i am sure it will come in time.

3 things :
- the government tab : when a spot is not occupied, we don't know the effect of the function until allocated to someone. Would be cool to have a highlight so we know the effect of the function before giving it to a npc.
- the ironman autosave : this autosave every 3 months is a pain because it takes 4 or 5 seconds (at least for me) ; it breaks rythm (especially at war) and de facto a part of the fun. I am begging for a new setting with wich we could change the timer of the autosave. This way we could play with the autosave how we prefer. (pleeaaaaaase :) ).
- just made a run with egypt (monarchy) and i was fully satisfied of the monarch points system with 4 pools. It works well. Particularly now that the spouse can counter our weaknesses.

Bref, just made the soter achievement with Egypt and i had fun playing Imperator !
Thank you, a lot !

I do not know how you did it, but you improved Imperators performance. For me, it makes the game playable. In-game changes also keep good direction IMO. Thanks. I withdrawn my negative opinion on Steam.
I think that the Emperor scored false start. Expectations of fans who already knew some mechanics expected a lot more. One thing that is missing is the historical depth. Antique is my favorite historical epoch and ... I do not feel this antique in the game.

Give Paradox a chance

The features of this update include:

• Dual Rulers: The historic second consuls of Rome and suffetes of Carthage are now represented in these republics, and a monarch’s spouse contributes to the rule of the kingdom.

Was beginning to think the idea of shared power would never get represented in any of the main series strategy games. Gives me hope we might eventually get the option to have Ruler / Prime Minister and President / Prime Minister dual rulers in EU4 and Stellaris.

This?
"- AI handling of barbarians tweaked to avoid excessive treasury draining.""
Nope, bug still persist :)
Just got it. After defeating barbarians got bill for -3k while my general got +3k
Profit greatly from minus 3000 is kinda sick joke, isn't it? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 22.36.15.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 22.36.15.png
    868,3 KB · Views: 50
Ok, I am really confused now but in a good way! My saves are no longer compressed and I can now edit them with no problem so far! No idea why it changed now all of a sudden but hey, it works so I will not complain!

Last edited:
When is the diplomatic mapmode going to specify the relationship distinction between feudatory and tributary/client state?