• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poland

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 13

Seventy years had past, and Poland had been in peace. Peace maybe without war, but Poland was not without a struggle. Now, it was time for Poland and its people to breathe new life into Europe.

As the two-hundred diplomats of newly christened republic of Poland began to arrive for inaugural session of senate, two particular members were embroiled in a debate. Their names were Tomlinson and Alec G. Unbeknownst to anyone they weren’t Polish, or Lithuanians. They were from a far away world…beyond time itself They were like Range…Regents of this other realm.

But, I’m getting ahead of myself. Just how did Poland to form a Republic so early? Well, they had Alec G. to thank. Starting with Zygmun III, some seventy years ago, Alec G. planted a dream in each of the Polish king’s ear…a dream of Poland rise to prominence unlike no other nation that has ever existed before. From that very first dream, the Polish landscape politically, and the lives of its people was forever transformed.

By the time August II Mochy took the throne he was powerless to stop the madness. However, this does not mean he was plotting against the movement.

Taking their seat before the session began, Tomlinson turned to Alec G. and asked quite concerned, “How do you know our introducing this radical idea will work…I mean it failed once before didn’t it?”

“Yes, you are right,” said Alec G. before pausing long enough to form the right words before continuing. “Yes, but when is the right time for freedom?”

“But, it failed in 1772 with the first Polish Partition.”

“So, we’ll have more time to make it right…”

Tomlinson scoffed. “Of course you are correct on one accord. With us here on earth in this time we haven’t the slightest idea what tomorrow will bring.”

“You are forgetting, we have Range. He’s doing whatever he can to keep the partition from ever happening.”

Range had done everything he could to prepare Poland for the coming storm that was about to break against Poland. He had arranged alliances with Austria, Milan, Bavaria, and Hungary.

2yxnfbk.jpg

They gathered together to face the fast approaching storm clouds.

10pu635.jpg

In Lugansk, Jurek forces were surprised by a larger force. He sent word for reinforcements,to Evin in Bogutjar. Upon receiving his plea Evin raced to support his comrade. He saved the day, but he was too late it seems to save Jerek. The farmer was lost when a field was set on fire. Jerek’s body was never found.

vxkksh.jpg

This, like all other wars did end.

2n1t0xv.jpg

However, for Poland one war always leads to another in quick fashion.

29n6mux.jpg

And, another war!

2yts3k9.jpg

Two thoughts come to mind here…some battles hang in the balance till the bitter end…and, it’s always good to have trustworthy allies.

zlw8xx.jpg

It’s also better to take a little in the shortest space of time, rather than continue fighting to find yourself embroiled in a struggle that would ultimately end bitterly.

2h4vy3l.jpg

Goodnight, gallant Polish hearts. You’ve won the right to breathe freedom yet another day.

Last edited:
Indeed, good breathing space there. If you ally with everyone you can, and beat up everyone else, then no one who wants to oppose you will be able to, and thus no partition.

That's my hope. But, there's an awful lot of enemies out there.

Poland

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 14

dmbdhs.jpg

Poland’s fall was as much due to the inner failing of the nation as it was external forces. Range was well aware of the causes for it’s partition. He vowed it would never happen.

Tomlinson turned to Alec G, and asked, “Range does understand that Poland must be partitioned?”

“He’s more concerned over the struggle that will lead Poland to be free more.”

“Of course Poland can be thankful for Range’s intervention on its behalf that led to her reemergence in 1918.”

“And, it’s also a certainty he couldn’t have known about the Nazis. Twenty years that’s all Poland had.”

“And, Poland has never been seen upon a world map again.”

33pagci.jpg

Another war…that Poland did not start…the Crimea and Turkey. Turkey must be taken apart.

2ive4ba.jpg

Trace…looks inviting…But, is there a even better prize…

33p6f68.jpg

Last edited:
I find their pessimism disturbing. Range is working hard to prevent evil, and if the sidekicks help out enough, maybe their own predictions will fail.

They say, there's two sides to every coin. Although Range is trying to change history, his sidekicks know his success could change history for the bad. Thus, Range will have to do more than he originally thought. (As you will read in the Sunday's post.)

Poland

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 15

Any alteration to history causes a chain reaction that goes unseen. The effect, however, can be drastic.

At this point, Range had gone to Poland once before and put Poland back on the map by making sure that none of the partitions took place. Of course, he had no idea that a Austrian mad man would rise to power in Germany...no one did. Not even the Regents of Range’s world for this was a product of a change in history.

With Poland still on the world stage for World War II, we know what happened then. So, why you might ask did Range have to go back to Poland this second time. The reason is simple. When Range went back to Poland, the country didn’t exist in modern times…Poland was still a part of Soviet Union. The wall that divided Europe still stood.

Back in Poland, there had been two wars…one with the Hansa and France…another with the Golden Horde. The war with France and The Hansa ended in a white peace.

2wqvr54.jpg

14y7jvm.jpg

Jacomo

Back in Poland, Jacomo, a clown and one of the greatest spies came to Range with some urgent news. He had proof Poland was in danger from within, as well as from the outside.

“The bad winds are gathering to crush Poland’s freedom. It starts with the senate…I found this in one of the senator’s possessions…it also names another senator, and a third man that is only mentioned as Mr. X. This act of Treason may go as high as the King. But, there’s also a growing army of nations that aligning up against Poland. There’s no time to discuss this second matter any further until I learn more.”

“What of the senate, someone must have alerted you,” said Range.

“Have you spoken to Alex G lately,” asked Jacomo. “He can fill you in on what’s been taking place in the senate better than I can.”

33w2m2a.jpg

122k95s.jpg

1z39uab.jpg

Last edited:
You know what would be really bad would be if Alec G was the ringleader of the traitors, and revealing the treason was just part of a sting operation against Range.

Have you managed to get any colonists? My most recent game as Poland saw me get some colonists, but also saw me become embroiled in civil war so that I couldn't really use them, being focused elsewhere.

You know what would be really bad would be if Alec G was the ringleader of the traitors, and revealing the treason was just part of a sting operation against Range.

Have you managed to get any colonists? My most recent game as Poland saw me get some colonists, but also saw me become embroiled in civil war so that I couldn't really use them, being focused elsewhere.

I thought about Alec G being a bad guy. No...no colonists yet, but I think I'll probably get one at least. Civil war...ouch!

It happened because I started a war and got some rebels from war exhaustion or whatever, and focused on winning the war before fighting the rebels.

I can see that happening. And, you're not alone in that regard. It's hard to split your forces when you are at war...even if it is to stop revolts.

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 16

Range met with Tomlinson and Alec G. “All right I was told about a problem in the senate.”

“The senate sessions are at a standstill,” said Alec G.

“Why…can’t anyone agree on anything?” Asked Range.

“If only it was that simple,” remarked Tomlinson.

“We haven’t been able to put forth any legislature for months,” explained Alec G.

“Free and equal men, acting like children,” snickered Range.

“No,” replied Alec G. “Free and equal men, being taken advantage of by a few.”

“What’s that?”

“Range…it’s all due to a silly agreement…because we are all equals…a session, any session can be brought to an abrupt end by just one of us…calling for a end of the day’s proceedings…even if we just sat down.”

“Like the two men in the letter that Jacomo found?”

“Yes…”

“Well, what do you want from me?”

Suddenly, Alina is heard to yell out from the next room, “Get her out of here!”

Range and the Poland Army had just finished a great war, that proved quite successful.

It started with Poland declaring war on Sweden. Then, before you knew it…Turkey, Portugal, Astrakhan, and the Crimea. Bavaria, Poland’s only remaining ally roared to Poland’s defense.

2vctesp.jpg

The Polish Army’s main objective was Savolaks, Nyland, and Tavastland.

122iwqq.jpg

Of course there was a war raging to the south.

2poz244.jpg

But, nothing match the battles to the north.

11qtvsh.jpg

Large forces of Swedish troops soon found them outclassed. The outlook for Sweden looked bleak. They offered a settlement, but Poland’s war machine wanted more.

16a1cae.jpg

Only when Sweden ceded both Savolaks and Tavastland did the war between Poland and Sweden end.

33xa8mw.jpg

Turkey saw three provinces fall to Polish troops. However, only Macedonia and Hellas would become Polish provinces from this point on.

zstr0o.jpg

The Crimea would also lose a province.

14l2ck0.jpg

The traitors must be conspiring with Poland's enemies to have them attack when Poland is distracted and using their powers of debate in the Senate to try and prevent anyone from noticing. And what is this turmoil in the next room? Cliffhangers!

The traitors must be conspiring with Poland's enemies to have them attack when Poland is distracted and using their powers of debate in the Senate to try and prevent anyone from noticing. And what is this turmoil in the next room? Cliffhangers!

Well paid traitors. I love cliffhangers.

Nice job ! ;)

Thank you.