• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(22607)

Sergeant
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Hearts of Iron II v1.1
1936 campaign; normal/normal

As the time will allow, I'll try to give a description of how to become successive playing Poland in 1936 campaign.

At the present time the date is 03.1944, Hitler is no more :) , Mussolini is soon to be gone, what should give me majority of victory points.

Preview of what I have accomplished:
poland440315.jpg

Victory points:
poland44vp.jpg

Army comparison:
poland44ac.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks,
This is my first HoI II game, that's why it's possible to do much better. It took me some time to switch from HoI thinking.

I should mention, that Victoria: Empire under the sun was the only Paradox game I didn't succeed making Poland from sea to sea, and just becouse I tried on later patches and due to market changes it's much harder. I managed to do it in every other Paradox game though.

March 29, 1936 - May 17, 1936 – The Baltic War

Poland starts as Paternal Autocracy with meek and underdeveloped army - nowhere to compete with neighbours from East, West or South.

poland360101.jpg

At first I concentrated on development of infantry, just to have at least slim chances of being competitive in technology on the battlefield.
Being Pole since I was born and studying politics I know that Poland sucks being democratic, it just don't work, so I made a step towards Autocracy. Meddling a bit with ministers I go to work. I knew that I have to strengthen Poland in the matter of gaining more lands, because creating more industries would take too much time and I didn’t have enough resources. Expansion on East or West was not a question here. Going on South was very risky, but North! Yes. There are few good things about owning Baltic provinces:
1. They are easy prey,
2. Owning them and not being in alliance with Soviet Union could prevent massive Red Flood on Europe if war between SU and Germany broke out and chance of conquering German provinces myself.

So it was settled. As a child I always regretted that Lithuania and Inflants aren't with Poland anymore, so I decided to fix that. I set full power on “upgrades” and placed Polish armies on the Polish-Lithuanian border. Prioritizing soon-to-fight armies I had them upgraded in no time.
Being ready on March 29, 1936 at 15:00 I declared war on Lithuania. Hour later Armia Prusy supported by nearby Polish forces engaged enemy in Kaunas. 17.00 – battle was won.
- April 1, 1936 : Soviet Union broken the non-aggression pact they had with us.
Things started to look grim, I couldn’t stand a chance against USSR, but for now I had to conquer Baltic states first.
- April 5, 1936 : Estonia declared war upon us!"
- April 5, 1936 : Latvia joined the war on the same side as Estonia in their war against Poland.
Good, I wouldn’t need to declare war each one of them separately.
- April 6, 1936 : Germany declared war upon Estonia.
- April 6, 1936 : Latvia joined the war on the same side as Estonia in their war against Germany.
I had to hurry, I didn’t want them to conquer Baltic States before me.
- April 7, 1936 : Armia Prusy has arrived in Kaunas.
- April 7, 1936 : Lithuania are now part of our nation!
Germany were cut off from Latvia and Estonia, giving me more time.
- April 8, 1936 : France declared war upon Germany.
- April 8, 1936 : United Kingdom joined the war on the same side as France in their war against Germany.
The machine started, I was pleased. Second World War has begun without me.
- May 4, 1936 : Soviet Union declared war upon Germany.
They had no connection, nevertheless…

Army actions in a pill:
April 8, 1936 : We won a battle against Latvia in Jekapils. There were no survivors! :)
April 12, 1936 : 10. Armia has arrived in Jelgava.
April 15, 1936 : Armia Prusy has arrived in Jekapils.
April 15, 1936 : Armia Modlin has arrived in Jelgava.
April 17, 1936 : Armia Lodz has arrived in Jekapils.
(…)
May 3, 1936 : Latvia are now part of our nation!
(…)
May 17, 1936 : Estonia are now part of our nation!

Poland won the Baltic War.
This concludes today’s portion of my war diaries.

poland370222.jpg

In the next part preparation for war with Czechoslovakia!

przemek said:
Hearts of Iron II v1.1
1936 campaign; normal/normal

As the time will allow, I'll try to give a description of how to become successive playing Poland in 1936 campaign.

At the present time the date is 03.1944, Hitler is no more :) , Mussolini is soon to be gone, what should give me majority of victory points.

Preview of what I have accomplished:
poland440315.jpg

Victory points:
poland44vp.jpg

Army comparison:
poland44ac.jpg

Looks like you're TC is a bit stretched but not severaly so.

Indeed, but it has been worse. I didn't read manual nor did I take tutorials nor read any FAQs. I know that there is relation TC - IC, but I didn't bother building more factories. Right now I broke alliance with Allies and attacked Italy on my own. I can therefore feel major inconvenience having little TC. But bigger problem is that my Airforces are 2 interceptors mk2 and one tactical bomber. My navy counts 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 4 transport ships, so I'm gonna have lots of fun invading Italian Africa :rofl: .

My goal was to conquer middle-north and middle-south Europe from Estonia to Slovakia, I didn't indend defeating Germany, invading Austria, Yugoslavia, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and now Italy!

I regret not trying to ally with Italy and trying to conquer France, but good relations with them and UK allow me to keep SU on distance. I had doubts whether to Invade Italy or Soviets, but as I can see now I made good decision leaving SU alone.

Evans said:
Weird that France declared war on Germany....

Good job though!
Hi,

well at least it makes up for the lacking option of a French DoW against Germany at Rhine crisis.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Was it anything to do with Germany declaring war on latvia? I had a go myself (had a CTD when SU joined the war though :( ) and that's what happened there.

I'm sure CORE will add the option in.

I get it now, Poland is authocratic though! Eh, if only I had more time I would be able to deal with France too. I've got last year of game and then I'm gonna do it zbyszek style! Women want to be with him and men want to be him....

If the Soviets declare war you're doomed, your manpower is to low.

You'd be surprised. My tech is on higher level then theirs. Most probably a vast majority of their army woul be destroyed in encyrclements. Unti the next game or unlimited time patch we will never know for sure :D. Its 1947 now in my game.

przemek said:
You'd be surprised. My tech is on higher level then theirs. Most probably a vast majority of their army woul be destroyed in encyrclements. Unti the next game or unlimited time patch we will never know for sure :D. Its 1947 now in my game.

The last Unlimited time patch for HOI 1 works for HOI 2, I'm using it right now in fact.

Huh,

The date is December 1947, I've conquered: Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Chechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Albania, Austria, Greece, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Italy, Germany, Saudi Arabia and maybe something else and due to the fact, that it's possible to do much more ( Poland conquers Germany and USSR by zbyszek) I've decided to cut to the chase and show results of my struggle to make Poland a bit wider from one sea to another, and another and another...

Here's the map:
poland471223.jpg

And the Victory Points:
poland47vp.jpg

Well Done!

I too love playing Poland and congratulate you for striking Hitler as early as possible. You state you are using Version 1.1 In a later screen shot (I believe yours where you are starting the Russian campaign) I see your ground and air units are seperated by a slash - something not appearing in my Version 1.1. Did you change versions? I did try Version 3, which has that feature of the slash seperating Land/Air units but stopped as I don't have a rule book for it.

You do realized that this thread is over 1 year old, right?