• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pyramid_Head

Banned
29 Badges
Aug 13, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Major Wiki Contributor
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • DJ Plantage
  • PDXCON 2018 "The King"
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Emperor"
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
I have a powerful rig, with SSD, 15+GB RAM, ****load of core processor, vidya etc.
And while running Pillars of Eternity me and all of my friends had the sme problem - loading even a single shop interior room took about 10-15 seconds. Common Unity problem.
And they were not 3D, they were drawn. Thus, with Tyranny announced being made of PoE engine I fear to face similar problems, especially because judging by the screens all background, boxes and all objects will be 3d-rendered and I suppose will hog even more resources and take even more time to process.

I've ran Pillars on an i7 2600k, 16 GB ram, and a gtx 970 (but also previously an older ATI card) and never ran into any long loads outside of the initial boot of a save file each session. And that's while not having it installed on my main SSD, but my storage hard disk drive. Most transitions are near instant, sometimes loading a zone for the first time can take couple seconds. No more than a moment though.

I do need to correct you - Pillars of Eternity was rendered in 3D. The original sources for all the backgrounds were 2D, but when putting everything together the environments were all sculpted and touched up by hand before being rendered in 3D to integrate with the lighting engine and all the other assets.