HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And how exactly would emigres manage to take power?
alliance between internal opposition and outside forces, with the later taking over.

Reactions:
alliance between internal opposition and outside forces, with the later taking over.

They could even utilize the faction system from BftB to represent the various diverse factions in the White Emigres.

Edit: Spelling

Reactions:
I believe the factions system that was inserted Btftb should be general mechanics for most countries of the game or at least for the great powers
Absolutly I would love an elaborate faction mechanic, for Germany for example party/SS, Army, bureaucrats and big industry, competing for control of occupied lands, political influence etc. Although I would make it less beneficial than the Bulgaria one which is too much geared towards getting good stuff rather I would prefer that engaging with a faction has positive and negative consequences.

Reactions:
Absolutly I would love an elaborate faction mechanic, for Germany for example party/SS, Army, bureaucrats and big industry, competing for control of occupied lands, political influence etc. Although I would make it less beneficial than the Bulgaria one which is too much geared towards getting good stuff rather I would prefer that engaging with a faction has positive and negative consequences.

Factions yes, but also as I understand, dictatorial and absolutist regimes, from Caesar to Louis XIV to Hitler had a court of ministers, power wielders, etc, all around the monarch or leader.

It's that balance between the factions outside of the regime itself and the inner circle that kind of functions as the political economy.

Though the game itself is a very short period of time and in cases such as Germany the die is already cast and cast again and again perhaps.

Victoria is going to have interest groups. That's pretty much what these groups are, such as war / heavy industry, the mittelstand, the common people, the various nobility.

The thing is if the war goes badly, there ought to be mechanics, less about competing for control than saving their own skin or total mobilization and further nationalization of resources at the expense of certain groups.

A country would come as a pearl the mechanics of factions would be Japan due to multiple factions that existed in that state in that period between the ultra-nationalist militarists and the moderate conservative tenocrats like Konoye

Reactions:
Factions yes, but also as I understand, dictatorial and absolutist regimes, from Caesar to Louis XIV to Hitler had a court of ministers, power wielders, etc, all around the monarch or leader.

It's that balance between the factions outside of the regime itself and the inner circle that kind of functions as the political economy.

Though the game itself is a very short period of time and in cases such as Germany the die is already cast and cast again and again perhaps.

Victoria is going to have interest groups. That's pretty much what these groups are, such as war / heavy industry, the mittelstand, the common people, the various nobility.

The thing is if the war goes badly, there ought to be mechanics, less about competing for control than saving their own skin or total mobilization and further nationalization of resources at the expense of certain groups.
Well in Germany there was a lot of competition, some countries were officially administered by the army, some areas by the SS others by the foreign ministry, different groups had different ideas how to use occupied areas (recruitment, labor for the army, labor for the industry etc.). Then there was Göring wanting his ground troops even though he commanded the air force.

That is also absolutely typical for democracies as well, in fact even more so, due to required consensus rule. Democratic system is more in-light, but faction power gaming and lobying functions the same. Occasionally, such power politics resulted in Mark14 disaster, or USAF manouvering to become independent branch, hence heavily favouring strategic bombing. Or French left-Wing government being afraid of potential army coup, that threw a wrench into army's ability to effectively train and adapt doctrines.

Either all countries have to get it, or feature should be considered normal state of government, and be abstracted out.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They could if the encircled province was a major city.
This would be largely solved if the supply "capitals" were the industry locations instead of the national capital. This would really not be too computation intensive, as I have shown elsewhere, and would make defending industrial areas much easier than defending wilderness (while simultaneously making attacking into wilderness increasingly hard).

Reactions:
That is also absolutely typical for democracies as well, in fact even more so, due to required consensus rule. Democratic system is more in-light, but faction power gaming and lobying functions the same. Occasionally, such power politics resulted in Mark14 disaster, or USAF manouvering to become independent branch, hence heavily favouring strategic bombing. Or French left-Wing government being afraid of potential army coup, that threw a wrench into army's ability to effectively train and adapt doctrines.

Either all countries have to get it, or feature should be considered normal state of government, and be abstracted out.
They would...it would probably just be slightly different due to the cyclical nature of republics, and the different "offices" involved. Other games had a similar structure.

Well in Germany there was a lot of competition, some countries were officially administered by the army, some areas by the SS others by the foreign ministry, different groups had different ideas how to use occupied areas (recruitment, labor for the army, labor for the industry etc.). Then there was Göring wanting his ground troops even though he commanded the air force.

I'm surprised they could agree on anything really. The thought of Göring commanding ground troops is funny now ("they march on his stomach") but even today the air force does have a lot of ground level personnel.

The more I learn, the more I learn there was an exception to everything.

They would...it would probably just be slightly different due to the cyclical nature of republics, and the different "offices" involved. Other games had a similar structure.

I'm surprised they could agree on anything really. The thought of Göring commanding ground troops is funny now ("they march on his stomach") but even today the air force does have a lot of ground level personnel.

The more I learn, the more I learn there was an exception to everything.
Well two words Fallschirm-Panzer Division, literally Tank parachute division.

Well two words Fallschirm-Panzer Division, literally Tank parachute division.
British version - Tetrarch (and Harry Hopkins) tank. The USSR even experimented with a literal flying tank (light tank with detachable wings and tailplane). Common concept.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
British version - Tetrarch (and Harry Hopkins) tank. The USSR even experimented with a literal flying tank (light tank with detachable wings and tailplane). Common concept.
Yes except the german division wasn't using airborne tanks or any airborne troops it was just a tank division of the air force, creating inefficient parallel structures, showcasing My point about pleasing different factions should have positive and negative consequences

• 1Like
Reactions:
This would be largely solved if the supply "capitals" were the industry locations instead of the national capital. This would really not be too computation intensive, as I have shown elsewhere, and would make defending industrial areas much easier than defending wilderness (while simultaneously making attacking into wilderness increasingly hard).
How about separate supply capitals for each supply area.