HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice. One could argue for something similar on land - when fighting on your own territory you can have easier access to your own civilian hospitals, this helping trickleback.

Would civilian hospitals in occupied territory turn away wounded soldiers from the invading country?

Would civilian hospitals in occupied territory turn away wounded soldiers from the invading country?

It might depend a bit on the nature of the occupation - During Untermehnen Rettung (the huge evacuation from Prussia and the Baltic states), Denmark received a bunch of German refugees and wounded soldiers, and their hospitals were under instruction to only receive them if it was a life-threatening condition, and that the German military hospitals should take care of them otherwise (at least according to The Naval War in the Baltic, but it was written by a Dane so I expect the Danish stuff to be accurate). It might also be the case that hospitals in occupied countries may be less likely to "go the extra mile" or to have the same access to equipment and medicines. I'm not sure it's something that would be worth modelling in-game though.

It might depend a bit on the nature of the occupation - During Untermehnen Rettung (the huge evacuation from Prussia and the Baltic states), Denmark received a bunch of German refugees and wounded soldiers, and their hospitals were under instruction to only receive them if it was a life-threatening condition, and that the German military hospitals should take care of them otherwise (at least according to The Naval War in the Baltic, but it was written by a Dane so I expect the Danish stuff to be accurate). It might also be the case that hospitals in occupied countries may be less likely to "go the extra mile" or to have the same access to equipment and medicines. I'm not sure it's something that would be worth modelling in-game though.

I agree. Too many exceptions and rules for a rather low key mechanic.

“Are you implying German doctors were so heartless as to not treat the invading French Commune soldiers when they were wounded?How dare you! Etc.”

14.08 Enter Chthulu's Realm
Link

Desktop 14-08-2018 15-54-14-626.jpg

Hopefully naval no-go zones apply to convoys as well. Ideally we'd get a toggle that allows other ships to go there, but not convoys. Think areas where you don't have complete naval superiority but still want your ships hunting the enemy, but also don't want your convoys going through there to get sunk.

Hopefully naval no-go zones apply to convoys as well. Ideally we'd get a toggle that allows other ships to go there, but not convoys. Think areas where you don't have complete naval superiority but still want your ships hunting the enemy, but also don't want your convoys going through there to get sunk.

Maybe it's just me, but if it were a no-go zone, they'd probably use a red cross over the circle instead of an all-green symbol with an arrow pointing towards the center. This symbol feels like the very opposite of a no-go zone, if you ask me.

Anyone know if that's an official naval-symbol of some kind?

Maybe it's just me, but if it were a no-go zone, they'd probably use a red cross over the circle instead of an all-green symbol with an arrow pointing towards the center. This symbol feels like the very opposite of a no-go zone, if you ask me.

Anyone know if that's an official naval-symbol of some kind?
Really? I thought this teaser was obvious. I thought it's just an unticked no-go zone, meaning ships are allowed to pass through there at the time of the screenshot. Well, we'll see tomorrow what it is.

I enjoyed the comments below the post, people hoping its a nuke the fleet icon in the wrong belief that nukes will sink ships. Wasn't it the prince Eugen German heavy cruiser that survived 3 US atomic test blasts after the war?

I enjoyed the comments below the post, people hoping its a nuke the fleet icon in the wrong belief that nukes will sink ships. Wasn't it the prince Eugen German heavy cruiser that survived 3 US atomic test blasts after the war?
Depends on what you mean by "survive." The Baker test didn't sink many ships, but everyone in the fleet would have died from radiation that lingered on the ships and in the hulls.

Maybe it's the button you click when you need every available ship to hunt down the Bismarck in this area :ShouldBeAThinkingEmojiOnTheForum:
If you've ever seen the vanilla AI build the Bismarck I'll give you $100.

You mean... hunt the Pride of the Fleet?
Actually I was thinking it could be a button that makes all nearby ships who are in port or on patrol gather in this zone if a battle is going on there or about to begin. I think that could be a handy tool since you most likely wont be able have your entire fleet out on the sea at all times due to the large fuel consumption it will have, and fuel production seem low compared to the consumption your military will have if fully operational.
fuel.PNG

Naval mines. Interesting.