HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 7Haha
Reactions:
It’s 25 vacation days per year minimum excluding weekends by law for full time employees in Sweden.
I wouldn’t expect dev diaries to return until the later half of August at it’s earliest.
As i have said, a well-deserved holiday, as the contents they delivered so far averaged on 8.3/10. Hope they would blast us with 9.6/10 content diaries when they returned, though of just my man returned to the team is enough for me to keep the hope alive.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Last dev diary was 30th of June. 5 weeks is 35 days, so we can reasonably expect the next on the 65th of June.
  • Q: Doesn't June only have 30 days? A: Right, then. The 35th of July.
    [*]Q: Really? A: Some people have no sense of humor. 4th of August, although expecting it to be exactly 5 weeks might be optimistic.

• 9Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Last dev diary was 30th of June. 5 weeks is 35 days, so we can reasonably expect the next on the 65th of June.
  • Q: Doesn't June only have 30 days? A: Right, then. The 35th of July.
    [*]Q: Really? A: Some people have no sense of humor. 4th of August, although expecting it to be exactly 5 weeks might be optimistic.
9k=.jpg

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Thing is, the hiatus from dev diaries started at around the same time as HoI4's did. Though, as Wiz has stated that some of the team is still on vacation, it might just be that the V3 team had much more saved up to show.
I mean they could write some Dev Diaries in advance and then have someone who is in the office upload them. I think with HoI4 they don't want to show nothing (previously they were critized for filler dev diaries), so the HoI4 team doesn't do that.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I mean they could write some Dev Diaries in advance and then have someone who is in the office upload them. I think with HoI4 they don't want to show nothing (previously they were critized for filler dev diaries), so the HoI4 team doesn't do that.
If they had dev diairies to write in advance, then why did they wait 2-3 weeks to upload them? Doesn't make sense if you think about it that way

Reactions:
With modern forum technology, I wouldn't be surprised if they could even schedule each DD to be uploaded automatically.

I think the biggest obstacle to doing it that way is they wouldn't get to reply to comments and questions in the DD threads, not without taking time out of their summer vacation, at least.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did you actually read what you're quoting? They're suggesting it as something they could do but didn't, not something they did do.

Jesus, our reading comprehension education...
Yes and I was directly writing how that suggestion is somewhat nonsensical considering the situation:

"Hey Frank we're breaking for the summer, be sure to mention that in the next dev diary and how there will only be teasers"
"Yea sure but, I still have some information that I wrote in advance should I schedule that to post automatically in the next week or two?"
"Nah lol, we'll post it in 3 weeks time"

Did you read what I was saying or did you assume something else?

Reactions:
Yes and I was directly writing how that suggestion is somewhat nonsensical considering the situation:

"Hey Frank we're breaking for the summer, be sure to mention that in the next dev diary and how there will only be teasers"
"Yea sure but, I still have some information that I wrote in advance should I schedule that to post automatically in the next week or two?"
"Nah lol, we'll post it in 3 weeks time"

Did you read what I was saying or did you assume something else?
Wait so...the thing you qouted about a thing they could do you then assume they'd act the same way and not post despite having it written out?
Or are you still misunderstanding what Duke_Dave wrote?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Writing Dev Diaries isn't done so quickly, this often takes half a work day for one dev. Prewriting 3 dev diaries isn't that easily done if you have other stuff to do.
Also Dev Diaries are often about stuff with "hot code" meaning stuff they showcase was just done the same week. Which means you can really write about new stuff, if no new stuff was created in all those weeks.

Sure you can talk about general plans and concepts like the early diaries about the supply rework, but for one those are already done and for the other these were the ones were the most discussion with the devs happend, to better explain a thing and answer question. Again a thing that can't really be done if the devs are on vacation.

Also you don't wanna have a brooding negative feeling in the forum with nothing to counterstear, like the Polish Focus Tree showcase.

They could just do showcase dev diaries, only showing art, but those weren't that much liked by the community and seen as a filler dev diary without any real content, if there is nothing alongside it.

Reactions: