HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about separate supply capitals for each supply area.
As long as the supply areas connect (with convoys and railways) and have separate industry supply limits, that should work fine. But aggregating them into connected "super-areas" would not be too complex, and would save on the number of supply limit pools you'd need to track (at the cost of generating new ones when territory conquest cut areas off - but recalcs when territory changes hands is basically unavoidable, anyway).

It feels very likely that we'll get something from the Soviet tree after summer break ends. I doubt it will be the whole thing even accounting for that it'll be a 2 part diary.

It feels very likely that we'll get something from the Soviet tree after summer break ends. I doubt it will be the whole thing even accounting for that it'll be a 2 part diary.
I presume it will be three part, 2 parts on the focus trees, 1 part on Soviet specific mechanics.

I presume it will be three part, 2 parts on the focus trees, 1 part on Soviet specific mechanics.

Considering how much there might be with the Soviets, I suspect there will be four or five DDs on Russia. Two for historical paths, two for alt-history paths, and one for map changes. I think it would be better if they started with showing off map changes and telling us what their thought process was on the Soviet/Russia focus tree.

Reactions:
Considering how much there might be with the Soviets, I suspect there will be four or five DDs on Russia. Two for historical paths, two for alt-history paths, and one for map changes. I think it would be better if they started with showing off map changes and telling us what their thought process was on the Soviet/Russia focus tree.
I doubt it. Even Spain, with its massive tree, was pretty thoroughly wrapped up two diaries. I'm thinking it'll be two to three, with one being based on the historical and other communist paths, and the other being the more outlandish alt history, with whatever remains being in the final diary.

Reactions:
I doubt it. Even Spain, with its massive tree, was pretty thoroughly wrapped up two diaries. I'm thinking it'll be two to three, with one being based on the historical and other communist paths, and the other being the more outlandish alt history, with whatever remains being in the final diary.

I would disagree mainly because they did their best to try to an overview for Spain of what the various paths are, whereas with the more recent trees they've been going a bit more in depth. I could see it being three DDs, but they would be very long DDs.

Reactions:
I would disagree mainly because they did their best to try to an overview for Spain of what the various paths are, whereas with the more recent trees they've been going a bit more in depth. I could see it being three DDs, but they would be very long DDs.
Given that the forum will go apeshit about any alt-history they do, they will probably elaborate long and wide why this and that, maybe also the reason they delay the reveal so they can really dig into sources and look at it anew after their holiday.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Given that the forum will go apeshit about any alt-history they do, they will probably elaborate long and wide why this and that, maybe also the reason they delay the reveal so they can really dig into sources and look at it anew after their holiday.
The forum will only go apeshit if Paradox manages to make wacky stuff like Polish nukes, or ignoring Polish minorities in favor of "peasants (tm)". I don't remember a form fallout over Mexican focus tree, or even Axis minors.

As long as Romanov restoration is at least barely within spitting distance of realism)

• 8Like
Reactions:
The fallout was over the existence of such a tree, rather than its contents.
I think the lack of outrage over the alt-history was in that not many people are that familiar with Mexican history, especially of 1930s/1940s.
On the other hand I think people are now used to this game being sandbox and having this alt-history.

I mean they can always implement alt history and explain things with political alliances if Khomeini and the communists can cooperate than some generals can corporate with monarchists from abroad, they do bring in some experienced people, money and networks for getting modern equipment.

Reactions:
I personally never got why people get so angry. If you don't like alt history, then fine. Personally I find some paths too whacky as well (especially anarchists and now fascist byzantium). But then just don't play them.

Let the other people have their fun. Clearly most people outside of the forums enjoy them. If they get their playtime, the devs will continue making the paths.

Except oc if they miss opportunities or the paths lack quality, but then it's still not reasonable to be angry. Constructive criticism is very welcome, as you can see on the Poland matter, where they actually came back to adding/fixing stuff.

Reactions:
I personally never got why people get so angry. If you don't like alt history, then fine. Personally I find some paths too whacky as well (especially anarchists and now fascist byzantium). But then just don't play them.

Let the other people have their fun. Clearly most people outside of the forums enjoy them. If they get their playtime, the devs will continue making the paths.

Except oc if they miss opportunities or the paths lack quality, but then it's still not reasonable to be angry. Constructive criticism is very welcome, as you can see on the Poland matter, where they actually came back to adding/fixing stuff.
Honestly I like playing historical maybe 2 times, 3 times if its especially interesting, but then? Alt-history even the whacky shit (although that is a discussion on itself) makes the replay-ability much higher if I compare it with other games.
I understand if alt-history comes at the expense of history (Hungary lacks a lot of historical content), but honestly it sells and sales keep this game moving forward and it adds game content, I'd rather have Siam historical focus tree later and German alt-history now.

Reactions:
No, it's obviously hinting at an upcoming army designer.
In keeping with the alt-history approach of HoI4, I predict Tankograd will be a city-sized tank housing tens of thousands of people. It is powered by the Nuclear Reactor in its innermost chambers, has the firepower of half the Soviet Union tank fleet, gives the state it resides in Level 1 heavy AA protection, acts as a victory point all of its own, and houses a dozen factories.

traction2bcity-mortal-engines.jpg

Or is that too realistic?

(Okay, this one is maybe a bit too harsh on HoI4. Lucky the devs are away on vacation :p )

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Oh, it's so cute that you think they are not reading the forum right now. :p

• 6Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I had a feeling you were ;) .

Reactions: