HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your arguments are not valid since Txecolosvaquia, which is in the same position as the countries you comment on, has its own approaches

Well, your argument is invalid because as far as I'm aware there are no ancient Mesoamerican tribes as independent states in HoI 4.

Anyway, there isn't really a good case for wasting time on Albanian content unless it's a very(indeed VERY small) small tree like Vichy and Free France. Currently the smallest and weakest country in the game with a unique focus tree is New Zealand. Nobody ever really plays that unless it's in mostly an observer role. They have a paltry 1.2(or about there IIRC) million population and an extremely small industrial base. Albania was even weaker and more or less entirely unindustrialized. I knew someone who was really into Albanian history. From what I recall there were actually less than 500 industrial workers in the entire country in the 1930's.

There's a somewhat better case for Austrian content, but we could probably go without it. The main opportunity Austria has is if Germany opposes Hitler, but from a player standpoint you're almost always just going to form Austria-Hungary in that scenario which Hungary's content already lets you do, so it would be redundant.

Czechoslovakia was a surprisingly developed and industrialized country at the time and also had an incredible defensive position, so it is really not very comparable to the likes of Albania and Austria as far as "countries that are destined to be eaten" go.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Well, your argument is invalid because as far as I'm aware there are no ancient Mesoamerican tribes as independent states in HoI 4.

Anyway, there isn't really a good case for wasting time on Albanian content unless it's a very(indeed VERY small) small tree like Vichy and Free France. Currently the smallest and weakest country in the game with a unique focus tree is New Zealand. Nobody ever really plays that unless it's in mostly an observer role. They have a paltry 1.2(or about there IIRC) million population and an extremely small industrial base. Albania was even weaker and more or less entirely unindustrialized. I knew someone who was really into Albanian history. From what I recall there were actually less than 500 industrial workers in the entire country in the 1930's.

There's a somewhat better case for Austrian content, but we could probably go without it. The main opportunity Austria has is if Germany opposes Hitler, but from a player standpoint you're almost always just going to form Austria-Hungary in that scenario which Hungary's content already lets you do, so it would be redundant.

Czechoslovakia was a surprisingly developed and industrialized country at the time and also had an incredible defensive position, so it is really not very comparable to the likes of Albania and Austria as far as "countries that are destined to be eaten" go.

Non mentioning Czechoslovakia has one more year to prepare than Austria.

I still suspect we may get Austria in a later dlc together with Switzerland, the Italian rework and maybe Belgium, since I don't see what other countries coule possible be tied to Italy now that it's confirmed we won't get it with Greece.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I still suspect we may get Austria in a later dlc together with Switzerland, the Italian rework and maybe Belgium, since I don't see what other countries coule possible be tied to Italy now that it's confirmed we won't get it with Greece.
Germany rework came with Waking the Tiger DLC with no countries tied to Germany.

Reactions:

Etheopia maybe, even though they get eaten so early.

• 1Like
Reactions:

What Albania can get is a modified generic tree with some additions, for example, to claim Kosovo. And if they change Italy to turn Albania into an integrated puppet instead of annexing it, the added focuses could deal with relationship with Italy.

I think several countries could perfectly come with the Italian rework depending on whether Albania comes in this country pack In the case of a small Albanian tree in this pack, I think the candidates to come in the Italian rework would be Austria, Ethiopia and a possible Yugoslav tree rework with the possible inclusion of a small tree for Croatia or the Balkan countries in the style of chinese warlords .

To Switzerland and Belgium together with Ireland I see it more possible in another country pack of neutral European countries where the rest could be added a generic European zonal tree for liberal nations

I hope the rework finally introduces new AI behaviour - staying within its borders and not vomiting divisions.
not gonna happen, this is a content update done by external members, the hoi4 team is currently working on the Soviet dlc so any mechanical changes we get will be coming then

22.09.20 Clearly a Doctor Who reference
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
not gonna happen, this is a content update done by external members, the hoi4 team is currently working on the Soviet dlc* so any mechanical changes we get will be coming then
*what some people on the forum believe to be the Soviet DLC. I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere.

Reactions:
*what some people on the forum believe to be the Soviet DLC. I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere.

I don’t think it has either - it is called “Barbarossa”, though. Then again, LaR’s patch was “Husky”, which was an invasion of Sicily, and “Cornflakes” had nothing to do with Asia. So it is quite possible that we instead get Italy, which IMO is better, and would go GREAT with a long overdue diplomacy/ideology overview.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The 4th one could be an Italy rework or was Italy officially discarded this time around? If they said that there was to be 4 new ones then the last one could possible be Iran since its near Turkey, the USSR, and the British Raj. There is still time for some upgrades to other Balkan country focus trees though.